Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop screen

• 17-08-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi all

The left top of my laptop screen I think is cracked its all white and I cannot see through it. I think it is cracked internally. Can it be fixed? I need it for lesson plans and I'm freaking out about it!

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There is no "quick fix". The LCD panel needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Torqay wrote: »
    There is no "quick fix". The LCD panel needs to be replaced.

How much would it cost to so that? Thank you for the reply. It's for an acer if that makes any difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Size matters in this case. 15.4 is the most comment and cheapest screen to replace.
    Anywhere from 120 - 180 is what most repair places will do it for.

Any other size screen will be more expensive to source and replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Do you have any friends who are tech savvy enough to change it for you?

Currently changed a 15.6 laptop screen for 50 euro (bought it brand new on ebay, from an irish retailer, and had it in 2 days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

scoopmine wrote: »
    How much would it cost to so that? Thank you for the reply. It's for an acer if that makes any difference!

Buy the screen and screw driver, it's easy enough .there's YouTube video's on how to do it aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement