Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carpentry Store Naas - feedback.

Options
  • 17-08-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

:rolleyes:
    Hi Guys,
    I need to stock up with some of the more unusual woods - padouk/purple heart etc.
    Has anybody dealt with this store. ? Any feedback on prices and attitude ?
    ( I've been to a few timber yards which don't want to know about small purchases - and some great ones as well )
    All advice gratefully received before committing the petrol money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Hey recipio
    I deal with them quite often, materials, tool purchase/repair, i could not fault them.They are friendly and very helpful. They have many workshops with woodturning etc, and i think their prices are reasonable for the quality.
    Could not knock them. Not sure about the timber you are looking for but they would be the first id call.
    Hope this helps
    GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Hey recipio
    I deal with them quite often, materials, tool purchase/repair, i could not fault them.They are friendly and very helpful. They have many workshops with woodturning etc, and i think their prices are reasonable for the quality.
    Could not knock them. Not sure about the timber you are looking for but they would be the first id call.
    Hope this helps
    GL
    '

Yeah +1 on this ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I have recommended them before and would recommend them again. They stock quite a few exotic woods. I'm sure if you were looking for something particular they would be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Great stuff,
    thanks all. I used to buy small boards at the UK shows but its an expensive way of getting them. ! Nice to see somebody in the ROI catering for cabinetmakers.If anybody finds some Aspen ( a white type of Poplar ) for sale please pm me.

cheers.

Advertisement