Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheep management software

• 17-08-2013 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Does anyone use TGM sheep EID software or can anyone recommend a reader and sheep management software package for pedigree use

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭razor8

i am using TGM software for a year now on a commercial flock and find it very good, there is a few things i would like them to improve and there looking at it

overall i would recommend it, i have a psion handheld that i manually input weights/lambing details etc as my lambs dont have a eid tag. if i want to buy reader at a later stage i can and just clip it too handheld

i was using excel spreadsheets for years and had so many it got very complicated, this makes life alot easier once you get it set up right

i think rancher uses the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lastin

Thanks for the reply razor I have the agrinet farm package but the sheep section is impossible to follow,I am in lambplus so I was hoping to use eid and a sheep software package to cut down on the paperwork. I suppose I really need to see it in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jippers

Hi Razor, I'm looking at buying the TGM Psion. Do you use the PC sheepselect SW or is most work and analysis done on the Psion. Can you import data from Psion to PC, excel or reports, other than through sheepselect?
    Are you still happy with the setup? Any issues with relaibaility of the HW? Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭razor8

All work is done on the PC in the software. Yes you download all info from Psion to PC using a cradle and lead

I can’t fault it at all. You get back what you put into it

You should use there 30 day trial to try it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jippers

razor8 wrote: »
    All work is done on the PC in the software. Yes you download all info from Psion to PC using a cradle and lead

I can’t fault it at all. You get back what you put into it

You should use there 30 day trial to try it out?

I've tried the SW trial. Looks good.
    I put in for the TAMS grant for PDA reader, which I intend to purchase the Psion which has MGM SW installed. I'm just trying to see if I can put off buying the PC software to split the cost a bit.
    In hind sight a slightly cheaper reader like the AWR300 and the SW package associated may have been good enough for what I need.
    In the long run probably better off with the better kit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement