Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Aston Villa Kick off 3.00 Setanta 1

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

That was sickening. Thank god he seems alright.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Still doesn't legislate for that crap with the first game of the season, after you have had a player wrongly sent off, and have had a penalty wrongly given against you too at 1-1.

Shoo! Shoo!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't believe they let him walk off after that. He should be going for a scan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nice....serious blow to Arsenal's title hopes....hopefully Villa peaked this week too.

With this squad none of us thought we ever had title hopes ;). We did at the start of the summer when we were promised a few top class signings :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Wow I didn't think he'd be walking off after the way he landed. Thankfully he looks ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was sickening. Thank god he seems alright.

He's not. You can tell by his face and he wont rotate his head in the slightest. That's atleast 6 weeks right there. I know he walked off but i'm telling you, that's a bad injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

BOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Podolski at left back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Arsenal are all over the place, no structure what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

One of the worst falls I've ever seen, I must say. Chilled me when I saw the replay first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Zico wrote: »
    Wow I didn't think he'd be walking off after the way he landed. Thankfully he looks ok.

Needs to go straight to the hospital after the game. I remember dion Dublin broke his neck in a game before and played on, another knock or header could've paralyzed him for life apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Kirby wrote: »
    He's not. You can tell by his face and he wont rotate his head in the slightest. That's atleast 6 weeks right there. I know he walked off but i'm telling you, that's a bad injury.

Yeah, fair comment, but i'm thinking in more serious terms than a few weeks out. That was horrible.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't think there will be too many fans left to boo at the final whistle

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Will both clubs be fined for their yellow card collections today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Down to the bones of a team now. Maybe Wenger can get Pat Rice back.... to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Shoo! Shoo!

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well i guess thats the Arsenal Last Man Standing game over then lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Woot!

SantryRed wrote: »
    ?

It's how you chase away something getting on your nerves.

Will both clubs be fined for their yellow card collections today?

Five yellows means a fine, so villa will. Not sure about arsenal given that their fifth was a second yellow for kos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sagna looks okay but like he wants to cry right now...

I like Arsenal so I hope their injured players get back soon and they dont get anymore plus that their fans dont make the superthread here hell for each other cos everyone knows they need to improve and get players in but as a Villa fan (and PW mod) what else can be said after watching that except

745%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20gif%20yes.gif

Well done Villa.

Fantastic win for ye. Deserved it 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm delighted for Paul Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great win for Villa.

How are Arsenal lined up at the moment? Who's the CM at CB?

according to the commentator on my stream it was Ramsey but with Arsenal chasing the game it didnt exactly seem like he was playing in CB but more just dropping back as deep as possible when Villa got possession.

I'd imagine Sagna will play there now next weekend unless they sign a CB sharpish

I <3 Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Don't understand how he didn't throw on Podolski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

unreal game for the neutral-well done to villa i hope sanga aint out for too long either that looked v nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Didn't see this game but followed it on here. Not that surprised TBH - seen us before against Villa and we were appalling. The saddest thing for me is this - we had a chance to make a statement of intent - now where are we? We've just shot ourselves in the foot - now it doesn't matter who we sign - today was another 8-2 - whoever we buy will now be considered panic buys. I'm sure this will only put doubt into any players head who is linked to us. And of course now we've just added money to any players valuation - we need players ...

I'm sick about this - I think as fans we deserve better ... between flights, tickets, hotels and spends it costs me €700 + to see a game ...

I fail to see any logic in our transfer strategy ... even if the ref wore a Villa shirt, we were simply not good enough or had enough quality ...

If Villa deserved it then well done Villa ...

• Advertisement

ugsparky wrote: »
    between flights, tickets, hotels and spends it costs me €700 + to see a game

You're doing it wrong

Used to cost me €60 every 2 weeks when I had a season ticket for Villa. Over in the morning, go to the cinema, head to the ground, watch the match, head home on the evening flight. Back and all to watch match of the day

Didn't see this game but followed it on here. Not that surprised TBH - seen us before against Villa and we were appalling. The saddest thing for me is this - we had a chance to make a statement of intent - now where are we? We've just shot ourselves in the foot - now it doesn't matter who we sign - today was another 8-2 - whoever we buy will now be considered panic buys. I'm sure this will only put doubt into any players head who is linked to us. And of course now we've just added money to any players valuation - we need players ...

I'm sick about this - I think as fans we deserve better ... between flights, tickets, hotels and spends it costs me €700 + to see a game ...

I fail to see any logic in our transfer strategy ... even if the ref wore a Villa shirt, we were simply not good enough or had enough quality ...

He really didn't though. No help to Arsenal, Yes 100% but he was just poor in general and didnt just favour Villa. As said at half time he gave Luna a yellow for being kicked in the stomach and didnt send off Arsenal's keeper when most thouht he should have for the penalty.

It was the perfect storm of stuff going wrong for Arsenal after taking an early lead. The ref creating a stop start game, Gibbs butting Baker (might have been someone else) and needing stitches so had to be subbed off, that meant playing a RB at LB, 2 penalties against you one of which was not a penalty imo, a CB being sent off creating a totally makeshift defense and then having the chase the game against a team with more men who had already been set up to play the counter and were doing quite well.

COYVB wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong

Used to cost me €60 every 2 weeks when I had a season ticket for Villa. Over in the morning, go to the cinema, head to the ground, watch the match, head home on the evening flight. Back and all to watch match of the day

Tickets for Emirates €80 - €100 depending on opposition through supporters club X 2

Flights X 2 = €100 - €150

Hotel = €100 - €200 depending on one or two nights

Food, Drink, Train & Tube = €300 - €400

€700 no problem - London isn't Birmingham ... cheaper to fly to Spain and watch it in a bar :(

He really didn't though. No help to Arsenal, Yes 100% but he was just poor in general and didnt just favour Villa. As said at half time he gave Luna a yellow for being kicked in the stomach and didnt send off Arsenal's keeper when most thouht he should have for the penalty.

It was the perfect storm of stuff going wrong for Arsenal after taking an early lead. The ref creating a stop start game, Gibbs butting Baker (might have been someone else) and needing stitches so had to be subbed off, that meant playing a RB at LB, 2 penalties against you one of which was not a penalty imo, a CB being sent off creating a totally makeshift defense and then having the chase the game against a team with more men who had already been set up to play the counter and were doing quite well.

exactly ...

Tickets for Emirates €80 - €100 depending on opposition through supporters club X 2

€700 no problem - London isn't Birmingham ... cheaper to fly to Spain and watch it in a bar :(

Are you eating solid gold caviar?

Are flights to london not incredibly cheap given the amount of them? also, why do you need a hotel? or food/drink beyond a burger and a bottle of water or something? failing to see the necessity in a lot of your spending there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Just calm enough now to post. Firstly well done to villa, set up well against us, nullified our wide threat and hit us on the break. Niggling fouls a part of the game plan, trips here and there. Homework was well done and the gameplan executed perfectly.
    The ref was completely out of his depth however. Shocking. I do believe the result was caused directly from his failure to officiate.
    Nothing positive for me to say from an arsenal point of view.

Oh giing to a game is less than 200 euro.

Kirby wrote: »
    He's actually the fastest footballer in the world without the ball at his feet. It's been measured. No shame in him leaving most footballers for dead.

Fair play to him but I was more thinking along the lines of Kosser having the ball put between his legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I do believe the result was caused directly from his failure to officiate.
    Ridiculous. One major decision went against you incorrectly. All the other major ones that went against you were legitimate. If these threads were filled with such outrage every time a referee gets one decision wrong in a game, the mods have tough work on their hands.

like i said in the villa thread, i think, in retrospect, the pen was the right call for the second one

Gabby_Tackled_for_Pen_2_zps9dc011dd.gif

you can see there he takes gabby's standing leg before he plays the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Szczesny should have been sent off for the first penalty, Koscielny should have went for the second as soon as it was given and Mertesacker was lucky not to have went for his lunge on Benteke when Koscielny was eventually sent off.

• Advertisement

Szczesny should have been sent off for the first penalty, Koscielny should have went for the second as soon as it was given and Mertesacker was lucky not to have went for his lunge on Benteke when Koscielny was eventually sent off.
    Let us not forget the Luna/Chamberlain decision that went completely the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

CSF wrote: »
    Let us not forget the Luna/Chamberlain decision that went completely the wrong way.

Luna would have been nailed on for bonus points in FF too if not for that ridiculous yellow:(

COYVB wrote: »
    like i said in the villa thread, i think, in retrospect, the pen was the right call for the second one

Gabby_Tackled_for_Pen_2_zps9dc011dd.gif

you can see there he takes gabby's standing leg before he plays the ball
    Having seen this and then again on MOTD, I take back saying the ref even got this one wrong. Arsenal fans whinging over nothing. If anything they got the rub of the decisions with what I thought should have been a red for the first peno. Wasn't running that far away from goal that he couldn't put it into an empty net.

Advertisement