Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Aston Villa Kick off 3.00 Setanta 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Arsenal keeper should have received a red and as for the Luna yellow...dear God above. Ref needs a cuppa at ht!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

In fairness they kicked each other and neither got the ball ;). It just shouldn't have been a yellow card or a free kick for either side.

I can see where you are coming from as this happens a lot but on this occasion, Luna pulled out of it and Oxlade Chamberlain follows through and actually raises his boot to kick him. I like Chamberlain, but that was fairly dirty and deserved atleast a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Was that booing?

If so pathetic.

How is it Pathetic? fan's expected a lot better this season yet we are getting the same average stuff again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looper007 wrote: »
    How is it Pathetic? fan's expected a lot better this season yet we are getting the same average stuff again this season.

Because its one all, it not the players fault we have brought in signings, why boo them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The atmosphere here is... Simmering. From where I am the ref appears to be making a lot of mistakes. Villa defence is not great but our wide players not in the game and villa very wary of Walcott . villa dangerous going forwards, very dangerous. Is gibbs ok? Arsenal nervous, need a guy on the pitch with unshakeable confidence, Podolski is my shout. Ollie g a handful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Booing of players is a disgrace imo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sagna, Walcott and Ox limping, can our squad get any thinner? Only positives have to be ox and giroud, big second half needed, get santi and podli on!

Rocisky has played well too. our GK looks like he cause us a another goal. Giroud is getting stuck in.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The atmosphere here is... Simmering. From where I am the ref appears to be making a lot of mistakes. Villa defence is not great but our wide players not in the game and villa very wary of Walcott . villa dangerous going forwards, very dangerous. Is gibbs ok? Arsenal nervous, need a guy on the pitch with unshakeable confidence, Podolski is my shout. Ollie g a handful.

Gibbs is grand, just needed stitches.

Ox, Giroud and Rosicky have been doing pretty well. rest of the midfield have been poor. Dissappointed slightly with Ramsey, doesn't look the same player without Arteta beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Booing of players is a disgrace imo

Especially at half time in a game we are drawing. Im goina give em the benefit of the doubt and say its towards the ref

• Advertisement

Because its one all, it not the players fault we have brought in signings, why boo them?

Cause they are playing below their standards. Anytime we go one up we back off. We need to make a statement that we mean business, in that first half we are seen the same old problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Interesting to see Arsenal fans and Villa fans on this thread slating the ref. Is he just really, really poor or seen to be favouring your opposition? In my opinion he's been fair, in that he's sucked evenly for both teams

jonny666 wrote: »
    Especially at half time in a game we are drawing. Im goina give em the benefit of the doubt and say its towards the ref

He's clearly out of his depth but we're causing ourselves problems too. we can't blame the ref on everything.

Patser wrote: »
    Interesting to see Arsenal fans and Villa fans on this thread slating the ref. Is he just really, really poor or seen to be favouring your opposition? In my opinion he's been fair, in that he's sucked evenly for both teams

That's one way to look at it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gibbs is grand, just needed stitches.

Ox, Giroud and Rosicky have been doing pretty well. rest of the midfield have been poor. Dissappointed slightly with Ramsey, doesn't look the same player without Arteta beside him.

I think Wilshere has been playing well so far.

Is this his first game in the premiership?

• Advertisement

For anyone that missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No he is just absolutely awful for both teams, hence the moaning. Hes been awful and heavily involved, which doesn't help him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

For Villa he failed to send off Schezny and booked Luna for nothing. For Arsenal he penalised them for niggly fouls and might have given them a couple of borderline penalty decisions. He also failed to stop the game when players were down with head injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Was going wide I think. Poor fella.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

think thats just it, he has been poor in general. Arsenal fans may say that a stop start game like this might suit Villa but their keeper could have been arguably sent off and Luna got a yellow card for being kicked in the chest so I dont think you can say the ref is favouring Villa

• Advertisement

I think Wilshere has been playing well so far.

He is but he needs to keep his mouth shut cause this ref is card happy. We can't afford to lose him to a silly second yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Looper007 wrote: »

You're actually serious?! It's 45 minutes into the new season :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cazorla on

Cazorla on for Oxo

so weird to see a poster defending booing after only 45mins of the season where his team isn't losing

Ox hamstring surely we need signings now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

In fairness I can understand a ref making mistakes. Everybody messes up.

But when they stop the game, giving stupid little free's for nonsense that's what does my head in.

Should be a great second half

Agbon has one of the most punchable faces in football.

This Villa have started stronger and faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ox injured ? Thought he was our brightest player in the 1st half hope he's ok for midweek - hope Caz is over that long trip

Nice ball from Theo

• Advertisement

FFS Giroud should have done much better there.

What a miss. :eek: Rosicky is not a finisher.

Sorry Rosicky just topped it :eek:

greendom wrote: »
    Ox injured ? Thought he was our brightest player in the 1st half hope he's ok for midweek - hope Caz is over that long trip

Hamstring, so anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Nice layoff from Giroud, Rosicky fluffs the chance.

Fcuk sake rosicky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a finish, haha.

come on Giroud!!. he does the hardest thing easy and easiest part the hardest. Rockisy misses a opener.

Bah, he can do better than that.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lucky there, Rosicky should have put that away. Luna isn't impressing me so far. Benefit of the doubt tho it is his first Premiership game afterall

and now Delph, damn this is a hectic match

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lot of time for Rosicky. No defending him there. Should be 2-1.

Wow what a game. Delph just hit the post.

DELPH!!!!

Unlucky as f***

That was too close.

Great second half so far

Noone covering the back 4, sure we have known this for years, just repeating it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Villa's passing and ball retention have been woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

BIG LET OFF o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wake up guys

That post is as bad as the ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Agbon has one of the most punchable faces in football.

Anderson for Utd has a much punchier face.

• Advertisement
Advertisement