Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV comms to Media Player across home network

Options
  • 17-08-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Looking for some help for a nagging issue:

Have the LE40 C 650 samsung which has Internet connection via Cat 5 back to router via ethernet hub in office. TV has standards internet apps (youtube, google) that all work fine.

My media player hangs directly off the router also in office.
    I can access all files over network via File Explorer App and on laptops by mapping the drive.
    Have turned Media Player Ethernet on..

Cannot get TV and Media Player talking. Here is a paper indicating DLNA needs to be switched on but cannot get into drive as described

http://download.iomega.com/resources/whitepapers/hmnhd-media.pdf

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Did you have a ready of this?
    There's a lot of reading in it and it probably doesn't all apply to your problem but it might be some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Did you have a ready of this?
    There's a lot of reading in it and it probably doesn't all apply to your problem but it might be some help.
    Thanks a lot. I could not even get into the hidden URL piece. When disconnecting my server to connect directly to TV just to be sure I needed to activate DLNA, I must have blown a fuse inside the unit. Will not power up.
    Trying to find Iomega service center is my biggest issue now.

Advertisement