Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change wireless frequency

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Use a cable connection. Or try another WLAN adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Torqay wrote: »
    Use a cable connection. Or try another WLAN adapter.

Yeah i was thinking i was going to have to do that , i was hoping there be another way to change the frequency.

LukeyKid wrote: »
    i was hoping there be another way to change the frequency.

Well, if you have tried all channels to no avail, then you have pretty much exhausted this route. ;)

If all fails fails and a cable connection is not an option, you may have to change your router (dual-band, 2.4/5.0 GHz) which of course requires a dual-band WLAN adapter.

Well, if you have tried all channels to no avail, then you have pretty much exhausted this route. ;)

If all fails fails and a cable connection is not an option, you may have to change your router (dual-band, 2.4/5.0 GHz) which of course requires a dual-band WLAN adapter.

Yeah that will wait a while i'm broke and its just a pain i have to do that :/

Would this work , if i keep my modem the way it is but had this hooked up so it sends the wifi to another one in my room thats is connect to computer throw ethernet ?

that mightn't make sense hard to explain what i mean :L

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/d-link-wireless-and-wired-n-extender-travel-router-access-point-150mbps-mobile-cloud-companion-usb-r

• Advertisement

I doubt it very much... if you're serious about changing frequencies, you should get a 5 GHz router and WLAN adapter.

I doubt it very much... if you're serious about changing frequencies, you should get a 5 GHz router and WLAN adapter.

Alright man thanks for the help :)

Advertisement