Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 17-08-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi. I was in west australia in 2006, rented a house out with a few lads on a years lease. After a few months we upped sticks and fecked off without telling the letting agents. Trouble is they had our passport numbers.
    Im going to new zealand in november and stopping off in sydney for a few days. Would i be ok going through passport control? Chuck norriss wouldnt be waiting for us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

It's stated here all the time to blokes on here taking off with $6000 credit card bills, speeding fines, court summons, assult charges and any number of other stupid acts that it ain't worth the stress of it all.

OP, i dont think i would worry much after that time frame if you did just up sticks and walk out, although was the house left in SH!T? As in criminal damage type SH!T, if so you might be sweating at the border, computers have a long memory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shamrock02

Hi. No the house was left in very good condition, we just upped sticks and went home without telling them

In 2006, that would have been written off as a bad debt by now, although the next Irish to try and rent off them would have had a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shamrock02

The Aussie wrote: »
    In 2006, that would have been written off as a bad debt by now, although the next Irish to try and rent off them would have had a bit of fun.

Lol they were very reluctant to take us on at first, said they already had bad experiences with the Irish lads

What were they, the George Bush letting agency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The agreement between you and the letting agent is a civil matter, not a criminal one. Nothing got to do with the state.

Advertisement