If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Res Projector

Options
  • 17-08-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.

I've been asked to price a new projector for the local camera club. It will be used for displaying still photographs only. So all I really need is something with a high resolution (at least 1920x1080). 3D not needed. Got anything in stock that isn't too expensive and might do the job? Open box/demo is grand if it will reduce the price.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, cheers for the post.

The issue with some projectors is that the computer resolution is not the same as the native resolution of the projector or what the projector is capable of.

Do you need specfically 1920 x 1080 for computer resolution ?

What computer are you driving this from and is the computer graphics card capable of 1920 x 1080 and at what frequency (Hz) ?

Sorry, this all seems very technical but getting the right one is important.

I will give you an example.

Ben Q w1070 - a great projector and priced at £649.95.

ftp://supportfiles.benq.eu/projector/manuals/w1070/w1070_en.pdf

Check out pages 56 & 57 of this manual and you'll see what I mean.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.