Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The iPhone 5s and 5c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not a hope in there being an iPhone 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Nope. The 5C is this year's good-time, extra-chewy announcement, which partly makes me despair for a potential lack of new features beyond spec increases in the 5S.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to want the 5S with my whole body. But iOS7 is where the real upgrade for regular iPhone users is this year.

And if they release the new Mac Pro with a 4K Thunderbolt 2 display in Sept or Oct, I will go bankrupt getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's a tock year. meaning we only get one 5S only feature and a spec bump.

4K cinema displays would be ****ing sweet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

If the iPhone 4/4S are currently acting as a low cost option for those acting an iPhone, surely the iPhone 5C is a step back with its plastic casing. I'd much rather the glass casing of the iPhone 4 to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

^ I'd be more concerned with the performance of the 5C vs 4.

I'm using a 4 at the moment. Will probably get a 5s when it's out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Feck them anyway - like so many I'm at the end of the my 2 yr contract and I want a big screen (a long one just doesnt do it). But that maybe the iPhone 6 in April-ish! Probably.

Feck them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I'm getting the 5s when it comes out! Looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm getting the 5s when it comes out! Looking forward to it.

Even if its a piece of ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

godtabh wrote: »
    Even if its a piece of ****?

Defo!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

pfurey101 wrote: »
    Feck them anyway - like so many I'm at the end of the my 2 yr contract and I want a big screen (a long one just doesnt do it). But that maybe the iPhone 6 in April-ish! Probably.

Feck them!

They wont do a big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

whiterebel wrote: »
    They wont do a big screen.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

So the big news is that Apple will be releasing the iPhone in a new colour.

Fuc*ing wow!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/personal/2013/08/19/apple-gold-iphone/2671715/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bluefoam wrote: »
    So the big news is that Apple will be releasing the iPhone in a new colour.

Fuc*ing wow!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/personal/2013/08/19/apple-gold-iphone/2671715/

You sound very angry.

What were you expecting?

Not angry at all, just astounded by the amount of hype they create over what amounts to poor levels of innovation. I am still amazed by the people on boards pining over this news as if it was something more interesting.

It's not Apple creating the hype. It's people on forums, tech writers and idiots with their irrelevant concept designs of a new iPhone.

Apple have declined to comment in the article posted.

Not angry at all, just astounded by the amount of hype they create over what amounts to poor levels of innovation. I am still amazed by the people on boards pining over this news as if it was something more interesting.

Well I don't see any of the hype and if there is any it comes from the media itself.

This gold thing is just a rumour.

I don't know what innovation people are actually looking for.

There is one thing pining over a new iphone but to be ready to handy over hundreds of euro before its even released is mind boggling

It's not Apple creating the hype. It's people on forums, tech writers and idiots with their irrelevant concept designs of a new iPhone.

Apple have declined to comment in the article posted.

Apple have a very sophisticated marketing department that manipulates hype, winds up the tech industry and leaks information and images in order to fuel the people on forums, tech writers and idiots... it is planned and manipulated centrally & is one of their great achievements. So yes, Apple are creating the hype.

Apple have a very sophisticated marketing department that manipulates hype, winds up the tech industry and leaks information and images in order to fuel the people on forums, tech writers and idiots... it is planned and manipulated centrally & is one of their great achievements. So yes, Apple are creating the hype.

Quite possible alright. I don't know for sure myself admittedly, but unless you can prove what you said, you can't be sure either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

banquo wrote: »
    Nope. The 5C is this year's good-time, extra-chewy announcement, which partly makes me despair for a potential lack of new features beyond spec increases in the 5S.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to want the 5S with my whole body. But iOS7 is where the real upgrade for regular iPhone users is this year.

And if they release the new Mac Pro with a 4K Thunderbolt 2 display in Sept or Oct, I will go bankrupt getting one.

Can I get one of those displays for a PC ?

• Advertisement

All sounds like conspiracy theory, tin foil hat stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Any idea yet which networks will get hands on first?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Pm1e wrote: »
    Any idea yet which networks will get hands on first?

Seeing as there isn't even an official announcement for a couple of weeks, how in Jesus' name would anyone know who's getting what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,348 ✭✭✭✭endacl

murpho999 wrote: »
    All sounds like conspiracy theory, tin foil hat stuff.

Will the hat be available in gold tinfoil?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Seeing as there isn't even an official announcement for a couple of weeks, how in Jesus' name would anyone know who's getting what?

Easy tiger, rumours did the rounds prior to the launch of the 4s that Three were going to be stocking the device, and sure enough they did. The same way rumours did the rounds that o2 would get preference when the iPhone originally launched in Ireland and sure enough, they did, weeks before Vodafone or Meteor got them. So calm down, you don't think deals and discussions are being put in place as we speak? Of course they are, they hardly wait till the announcement has been made to start squabbling and end up at the back of the pile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

endacl wrote: »
    Will the hat be available in gold tinfoil?

The iHat.... €700 please.

Innovation at its best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Easy tiger, rumours did the rounds prior to the launch of the 4s that Three were going to be stocking the device, and sure enough they did. The same way rumours did the rounds that o2 would get preference when the iPhone originally launched in Ireland and sure enough, they did, weeks before Vodafone or Meteor got them. So calm down, you don't think deals and discussions are being put in place as we speak? Of course they are, they hardly wait till the announcement has been made to start squabbling and end up at the back of the pile.

O2 had the iphone at least a year or more before any other network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Based on most high profile phone launches of the last year or two those exclusive deals are becoming almost non-existent. To the best of my knowledge, all the major carriers got the S4, HTC One, S3, Lumia 925 at the same time. Would expect the same to be true of the next iPhone, although they may want to distance themselves from the competition.

guil wrote: »
    O2 had the iphone at least a year or more before any other network.

Yes, my points exactly. Therefore it is not nonsense to assume there may already be word on who has it outside of assumptions.

• Advertisement

Yes, my points exactly. Therefore it is not nonsense to assume there may already be word on who has it outside of assumptions.

I think it's safe to assume all the networks who have the iPhone 4s/5 will have it.

Some may have it a couple of weeks before others, but that's it.

No network is stupid enough not to sell something as popular as a new iPhone will no doubt be.

Advertisement