Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The iPhone 5s and 5c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

The iPhone screen is too long, it needs width.

That was also Traps fault - playing the ball long and no width.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Agreed. It could be another icon wide.

That's what i am hoping with the 6, galaxy s4 is too large, 4.5 screen would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Agreed. It could be another icon wide. Or just bigger icons would be nice with more animation. Eg clock that tells current time.

It does that in iOS 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

pfurey101 wrote: »
    That was also Traps fault - playing the ball long and no width.

And its the same problem with Mario Roesnstock's impression of Marty Morrissey, Head needs to be a least a foot wider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

I would like a bigger screen, I've said that before. I don't understand why that option is not available. The iPhone itself is great, but it pisses me off when the "new" iphone is being trotted out as something new and different, when infact it's just an update. It's not a new innovative phone and I can't understand all this circle jerking over it?.

So all the hardware changes are not innovation as you've said countless times the are just nothing changes. On the same token a bigger screen is pure innovation?

Seriously! So if they'd have simply given the 5 a larger screen that would be apple innovating all over again. Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The iPhone screen is too long, it needs width.

But that would stop the iPhone being a one handed phone, for me anyway. The fact it's taller and not wider makes it easier to grip and I can still reach the whole screen with my thumb.

If they made it wider then that means my small hands won't grip it comfortable.

I've a feeling they will eventually bump the screen size but I hope it's not too bigger. I recently used the Galaxy Nexus and couldn't use it with one hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

DubDJ wrote: »
    But that would stop the iPhone being a one handed phone, for me anyway. The fact it's taller and not wider makes it easier to grip and I can still reach the whole screen with my thumb.

I've a feeling they will eventually bump the screen size but I hope it's not too bigger. I recently used the Galaxy Nexus and couldn't use it with one hand.

I find you cant use bigger phones in one hand for a short period of time, but get used to it.
    Of course a note is not one handed, but a Galaxy Nexus is one handed imo. Different size hands and all that but on average.

I have never owned a IPhone, never liked the user face.
    With the change to IOS7 and a bigger screen added to that the nice design of the 5S I would consider it, if the HTC One didn't exist.

Apple could easily add a phone to their range with a bigger screen like what a lot of Android Phone manufactures do with the same phone having different size screens.
    Get rid of the IPhone 4 and 4s along with the 16pin connection.
    And launch two phones like this year one with a smaller screen that everyone can use in one hand, along with one with bigger screen around 4.5-7 inches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

That's why they should make a girl version. The 5 could be the normal version, 5c being the girl version with the different colours and the 5s could be the kick-ass 5 inch screen version. Atleast this way would offer some choice for consumers.

I like choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That's why they should make a girl version. The 5 could be the normal version, 5c being the girl version with the different colours and the 5s could be the kick-ass 5 inch screen version. Atleast this way would offer some choice for consumers.

I like choice

Choice adds complexity, confusion and ultimately hesitation about the whole purchase. Keeping it broad makes so much sense.

Fúck one hand, i think it's s great phone, if it had IOS, we would be set That's what will kill it eventually , same old stuff, bar software upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Fúck one hand, i think it's s great phone, if it had IOS, we would be set That's what will kill it eventually , same old stuff, bar software upgrades.

For me anyways it is awkward, I honestly didn't think I'd find it annoying but using the Galaxy Nexus for a week I was surprised. I admittedly have smaller than average hands, so 4.3 probably wouldn't be a problem for all.

I don't know why you think that would be a killer phone? It's not thought as the best Android for most people, probably the Nexus 4 or HTC One.

I still don't know how you think the 5S isn't a decent upgrade. It is a better phone than the 5, and the Touch ID is a nice little feature, a small bit gimmicky but I could definitely see myself using it fully as long as it lives up to expectation.

To make a great phone you don't need to redesign it every year, going by your previous posts you seem to think a redesign and bigger screen would make it a 'wow' phone. I'd prefer internal upgrades and a redesign every 2-3 years as I only really upgrade every 2-3 years anyway. I like how it doesn't really make your iPhone feel too old right away.

I still don't know how you think the 5S isn't a decent upgrade. It is a better phone than the 5, and the Touch ID is a nice little feature, a small bit gimmicky but I could definitely see myself using it fully as long as it lives up to expectation.

Because on the face of it, it's no different to the 5. I know the tech specs are different, but is it really that different? NO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Because on the face of it, it's no different to the 5. I know the tech specs are different, but is it really that different? NO...

On the face of it, the back of it, inside of it. It's all different to the 5.

mad muffin wrote: »

Gas.....

In fairness it's got the same screen size, dimensions, weight, resolution, pixel density, battery and camera, along with only 1 GB of RAM.

It's a fairly modest upgrade for a device that will cost around 700 big ones.

In fairness it's got the same screen size, dimensions, weight, resolution, pixel density, battery and camera, along with only 1 GB of RAM.

That's the whole point, it's the same as the 5 to the everyday ordinary user, they don't really know what the inside will look like or all the techie stuff, they'll see the "finger thingy" and hand over €700 yo yo's for an upgrade that's not worth it.

Gas.....

You keep saying the 5 is the same as the 5s. Only in your head it's the same.

There isn't one part that's interchangeable. There is no part that hasn't been upgrade.

Possibly the ram is the same and perhaps the screen. That remains to be seen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

What's this obsession with the word innovation.

What fairness?

It's got the same screen size and dimensions and resolution, yes. But that's is all they have in common.

Everything else is upgraded. How can you call this a modest upgrade?

In all honesty, it's like talking to two year olds.

Fine, you want to think they are practically the same phone, go right ahead. The facts speak for themselves.

What fairness?

It's got the same screen size and dimensions and resolution, yes. But that's is all they have in common.

Fine, you want to think they are practically the same phone, go right ahead. The facts speak for themselves.

And now we get to the insults, hardcore apple fanboys will always defend the indefensible, even if the phone was €17,000.

• Advertisement

That's the whole point, it's the same as the 5 to the everyday ordinary user, they don't really know what the inside will look like or all the techie stuff, they'll see the "finger thingy" and hand over €700 yo yo's for an upgrade that's not worth it.

You should say, not worth it to you. To you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

What fairness?

What will the average consumer notice different about using this phone over the 5 apart from the finger print id.

You should say, not worth it to you. To you.

To most people I have talked to, it's not worth it, it only seems to be a really cool phone on this forum.

And now we get to the insults, hardcore apple fanboys will always defend the indefensible, even if the phone was €17,000.

You keep saying, it's the same phone, the same phone. When clearly the facts speak for themselves. Yet you happily ignore them.

So yes, it is like talking to a two yer old.

If you say it's not worth it for you, then that's fine. But that's you.

You keep saying, it's the same phone, the same phone. When clearly the facts speak for themselves. Yet you happily ignore them.

So yes, it is like talking to a two yer old.

If you say it's not worth it for you, then that's fine. But that's you.

It IS the same phone. End of.

What fairness?

It's the same RAM.
    Only 326 ppi, this is terrible for a top price product compared to HTC one's 468.

With a new round of Android phones coming early next year apple are falling further behind. Still no NFC chip....?

No change to the camera, both front facing and back camera...

If you take away ios 7 then these phones are very similar.
    Basically your 700 euro is getting you a fingerprint reader and slightly faster processor.

It's the same RAM.
    Only 326 ppi, this is terrible for a top price product compared to HTC one's 468.

With a new round of Android phones coming early next year apple are falling further behind. Still no NFC chip....?

Basically your 700 euro is getting you a fingerprint reader and slightly faster processor.

Alleluia!!!!! Someone with a bit of common sense.

It's the same RAM.

It might have the same ram, it might not. If you can really tell the difference between a 468 ppi 4.7 inch screen and a 326ppi 4 inch screen then great for you.

Regarding the cameras. Are you talking about the 5c or 5s? The 5 and 5c have the same back camera. The 5s has an improved camera on the back and both the new phones have improved front cameras over the 5.

And with iPhones resale value I never pay full price when I upgrade.

I'll be paying €300 for a 32gb 5s. Financed via the sale of my 16gb 5 ;)

Again, it's you that says its not worth it.

It might have the same ram, it might not. If you can really tell the difference between a 468 ppi 4.7 inch screen and a 326ppi 4 inch screen then great for you.

Regarding the cameras. Are you talking about the 5c or 5s? The 5 and 5c have the same back camera. The 5s has an improved camera on the back and both the new phones have improved front cameras over the 5.

And with iPhones resale value I never pay full price when I upgrade.

I'll be paying €300 for a 32gb 5s. Financed via the sale of my 16gb 5 ;)

Again, it's you that says its not worth it.

You're handing that over for a fingerprint reader?, I'll hang on for the 6 I think.

• Advertisement

You're handing that over for a fingerprint reader?, I'll hang on for the 6 I think.

Yeah :rolleyes:

When the time comes ill be selling the 5s and getting the 6. Except ill be eligible for an upgrade that year. Will cost me even less. ;)

Advertisement