Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The iPhone 5s and 5c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

How have the apple UK prices compared to the irish online prices in the past?
    Going by the 4S on both it's a bit more expensive in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well I did a comparison to the German site and assuming the same pricing is used here then the 5S is cheaper in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

hey all, pretty late to this thread - had no intention of buying the 5s unitil my 4s got stolen during the week... Any sign of orders through apple.com?? This having no iphone jazz will kill me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

tomtom101 wrote: »
    hey all, pretty late to this thread - had no intention of buying the 5s unitil my 4s got stolen during the week... Any sign of orders through apple.com?? This having no iphone jazz will kill me!!!

You need to keep an eye on store.apple.com/ie -but as yet there is no update.

You could order from store.apple.com/uk to parcelmotel.com -might be quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

culabula wrote: »
    You need to keep an eye on store.apple.com/ie -but as yet there is no update.

You could order from store.apple.com/uk to parcelmotel.com -might be quicker.

I don't think this will work, to order from the UK site I think you need a UK address as well as a UK credit/debit card. Plus Parcel Motel only offers insurance for up to €100 so if anything happens you'll be out of pocket by quite a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

For insurance issues i want the Irish receipt - dont think they will like the sterling price on things!! Any ideas for a release date or anything yet? I know the speculation is that the launch in China is taking up supplies and delaying the irish release?... Really annoying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any irish realese date yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any irish realese date yet?
    Late November/December.

• Advertisement

Keynote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

They said the end of the year for 100 countries nothing about Nov/Dec or 2nd wave countries. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Surely it won't be that long?
    Any way to import them from England?

How did you order from the UK site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Surely it won't be that long?
    Any way to import them from England?

They out in England?

Yeah but how can you ship from the UK to Ireland without an address or british credit card?

Oh I see!
    Parcel Motel has a place in my town so that's no problem, but I'm just worried about shipping it since there's no insurance if it's stolen. But my iPhone 4 is dying and I can't wait till November/December to get one in Ireland.

On the apple website it says dispatch date is "October". Is there early october, or could it be another month anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

€100 insurance using PM though. Slight risk.

miralize wrote: »
    €100 insurance using PM though. Slight risk.

Big risk I can't afford if anything goes wrong.

asif2011 wrote: »
    They said the end of the year for 100 countries nothing about Nov/Dec or 2nd wave countries. :rolleyes:

Jeeez think about it ! They actually said before the end of December. What exactly does that leave ? The start of december or late November. Which is exactly what I said :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Piliger wrote: »
    Jeeez think about it ! They actually said before the end of December. What exactly does that leave ? The start of december or late November. Which is exactly what I said :confused:
    Why couldn't it be October like all the rumours say it is? 4th of October to be precise.. time will tell, but the 100 countries includes third world countries/carriers by the end of the year which isn't the same as saying 2nd wave countries by the end of the year.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

picked up a 5s 64gb space grey on Saturday while I was in Manchester. It is a stunning phone, much nicer than the slate iPhone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

adamtj09 wrote: »
    picked up a 5s 64gb space grey on Saturday while I was in Manchester. It is a stunning phone, much nicer than the slate iPhone 5.

Yes, I think it is very much the spiritual successor of the original iPhone and 4/4S :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

adamtj09 wrote: »

I actually think the Black/Slate iPhone 5 is a lot nicer. I don't think the Space Grey is a bad colour, I just think the Slate was the nicer of the two. I've a feeling the only reason they actually changed it was due to the anaodized aluminium scratching too easily.

Any problems with the Touch ID? Going by reviews it seems pretty flawless.

Advertisement