Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC Payment Plan Query

Options
  • 17-08-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to make a purchase which would fit into the CC payment plan criteria. The plan I refer to is detailed in the link

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/credit-cards/low-rate-payment-plan-offer-credit-cards/

Will my full credit limit be still available when using this payment plan or is it just the remaining credit amount? If it is the remaining credit amount, does this then increase as payments are made? Is it possible to use this feature for a period less than 12 months? Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The plan is only available for a term of 12 months however, you can make additional payments to clear it off sooner. The overall credit card limit includes both the Credit Card and the Payment Plan Facility so, for example, if you have a limit of €1500 and decide to put a purchase of €500 on the plan then you will have €1000 of credit remaining on the credit card. As you make the monthly payments on the Payment Plan, your available credit increases accordingly. 

We have more information available on the payment plan, here. You need to call the Credit Card Team to set up a plan and they can go into more details with you on how it will effect your own credit card account. Credit Card Services can be contacted on 1890 251 251/00353 56 775 7747.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement