Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somewhere to live

Options
  • 17-08-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help - Mods please move if it is in the wrong place.

I am a 33 yo male with a child and a partner. I have to move out of my current accommodation by the end of September - no lease in current place and landlord needs to move back in. I have been trying to find somewhere to live in the Dublin 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 areas, but to no avail. I have tried Daft, MyHome, Gumtree, etc but there doesn't seem to be anything available.

I am looking for a 2 bed (at least 1 double) hourse/flat/apartment for €800 pm. Ideally the place would have parking and be furnished. Both of us are currently employed, and have rented for a number of years (references available). If anybody knows where else I could look, or knows of anything available in those areas that is not on the market, or about to come on the market, I would be extremely grateful if they could let me know. (PM is fine)

Many thanks,

Clauric

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Clauric wrote: »
    Bump

That price range puts you right into competition with students at a time when demand for accommodation peaks. You may need to look at moving further out from those areas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I agree with athtrasna
    You are aiming for the bottom of the market which is more and more competitive. Daft is your best source for properties but you seem to be looking for something priced below what is actually available.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is very low rent for the city centre,it might be worth looking further afield.

Advertisement