Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Fingal responsible for road markings?

Options
  • 17-08-2013 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Driving along the R843 from the Blanchardstown Road roundabout to the junction of Snugborough Road (little roundabout with Coolmine Sports Centre on your left). There's a lane coming from the Snugborough Rd roundabout for turning right into the school.(https://www.google.ie/maps?q=53.38583,-6.397133&num=1&t=h&z=19 ).

The road markings are in dire need of re-painting and more than once I've had someone come up the side of me thinking it was a lane for turning right at the roundabout.

Is it Fingal I contact about this or someone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jazzrocket

I've had the same problem...yeah Fingal was responsible for this as its local road

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Fingal are responsible and disgracefully more exactly it's these guys who are located about 200m from the problem location. Those markings have been faded for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I contacted Fingal County Council through my local representative and received the following response
    I wish to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 19th August 2013 in relation to the renewal of the road markings on the R843.

I wish to inform you that Surface Restoration Works are due to take place at this location in late Sept / October 2013 following the completion of a Tender Process and the appointment of a Contractor. Re-lining will take place as part of this Contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Completely forgot about this until I was driving along there again yesterday and was supposed to contact them about it today. Thanks Pat Dunne.

Advertisement