Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chewy choc brownies.

Options
  • 17-08-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

does anyone have a recipe for chewy choc brownies. i got them before iv tried but failed to make them so far.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This is the best chocolate brownie recipe in the world, chewy and moist they're amazing. Really it is, you will not try any other recipe ever again.

350g dark/semisweet chocolate
    225g butter
    225g caster sugar
    3 large/xl eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp very strong black coffee
    100g self raising flour
    75g white choc roughly chopped
    75g milk choc roughly chopped
    125g roughly chopped pecans also in recipe but I've never used these

* Preheat oven to gas mark 5

* Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over gently simmering water. When melted leave until cool.

* Put eggs, sugar, vanilla and coffee in large bowl and beat together until smooth. Once well combined, gradually add in the chocolate mixture while continuing to beat gently.

* Sift in the flour and add the pecans(if using) and chocolate and fold them into the choc mixture.

Voila...put into your greased and lined brownie tin and whack them in the oven for 45 mintes.

You'll know they're done when the centre seperates from the crusts and rises a bit. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin. When they're very cool to the touch transfer to a wire rack and remove the greaseproof paper. Remove the crusts and eat crusts :D DO NOT CUT BROWNIES YET. They are so moist and chewy that if you try to cut them too early they'll end up a disaster. Leave them a couple of hours until they kind of set.

For the gluten free bakers, these can be baked as a straight swap with gluten free flour. Did them gluten free for the first time this week using 100g doves self raising an 1/2 tsp of gf baking power. Maybe could have done with raising a bit more for exact replication but to say I am happy to be able to eat my favourite brownies again would be a MAJOR understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

This is the best chocolate brownie recipe in the world, chewy and moist they're amazing. Really it is, you will not try any other recipe ever again.

350g dark/semisweet chocolate
    225g butter
    225g caster sugar
    3 large/xl eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp very strong black coffee
    100g self raising flour
    75g white choc roughly chopped
    75g milk choc roughly chopped
    125g roughly chopped pecans also in recipe but I've never used these

* Preheat oven to gas mark 5

* Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over gently simmering water. When melted leave until cool.

* Put eggs, sugar, vanilla and coffee in large bowl and beat together until smooth. Once well combined, gradually add in the chocolate mixture while continuing to beat gently.

* Sift in the flour and add the pecans(if using) and chocolate and fold them into the choc mixture.

Voila...put into your greased and lined brownie tin and whack them in the oven for 45 mintes.

You'll know they're done when the centre seperates from the crusts and rises a bit. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin. When they're very cool to the touch transfer to a wire rack and remove the greaseproof paper. Remove the crusts and eat crusts :D DO NOT CUT BROWNIES YET. They are so moist and chewy that if you try to cut them too early they'll end up a disaster. Leave them a couple of hours until they kind of set.

For the gluten free bakers, these can be baked as a straight swap with gluten free flour. Did them gluten free for the first time this week using 100g doves self raising an 1/2 tsp of gf baking power. Maybe could have done with raising a bit more for exact replication but to say I am happy to be able to eat my favourite brownies again would be a MAJOR understatement.

Thank you very much. the first thing on my cooking list in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is that a Mary Berry recipe? I tried hers at the weekend and it's very similar but I think I might have left them in a little too long as they weren't fudgy at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

leahyl wrote: »
    Is that a Mary Berry recipe? I tried hers at the weekend and it's very similar but I think I might have left them in a little too long as they weren't fudgy at all :(

I do something similar, tho the recipe I use uses more flour and I cook them only for about 20-25 min.

But I find I get a better batch with plain flour. As they don't rise much apart for the air you whip up into the eggs. So do get nice and dense and fudgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Rachel Allen has a fabulous recipe for dark and white chocolate with raspberry brownies. I've made them with strawberries and raspberries, both fab. I actually found that using Strong white flour instead of plain actually worked far far better and made the brownies denser and chewier.

Ingredients
    (Makes 25 squares)
    200g (7oz) dark chocolate, chopped
    150g (5oz) butter
    225g (8oz) caster sugar
    3 eggs, beaten
    150g (5oz) plain flour, sifted
    1 tsp baking powder
    225g (8oz) white chocolate buttons
    125g (41/2oz) raspberries, plus a few extra to decorate

Method
    1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Line a 20cm (8in) square deep baking tin with greaseproof paper and grease the base and sides.
    2. In a large bowl sitting over simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and butter. Stir in the sugar and then gradually add the eggs. Add the sifted flour and baking powder followed by 125g (41/2oz) of the white chocolate and finally the raspberries.
    3. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 35–45 minutes or until just firm on top. Remove from the oven and let sit in the tin for another 30 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
    4. Melt the remaining white chocolate in a bowl sitting over simmering water. Stack the brownies on a plate or cake tray and when the chocolate is ready pour it over the top of the brownies. Decorate with a few fresh raspberries.

Pics of mine using the strong flour here

• Advertisement
Advertisement