Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused

• 17-08-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I was unfortunate enough to be one of the people that failed Higher Level Maths and am very confused to say the least as I would have imagined myself even scraping a D3 but I ended up getting an E..

"-Entry Requirements
    English • Irish • A third language • Three other recognised subjects

One grade E on a Higher Course at Leaving Certificate will be accepted if the candidate has, among their other subjects, grade C3 or higher on three Higher Papers, or at least one grade B3 and one grade C3 on Higher Papers. (This compensation rule does not currently apply to matriculation for Nursing programmes). "

The same question has probably been asked time and time again but seeing as I got a B3 in Irish and a C1 in French, would I still be able to get the course as I have the points necessary for it? I just need a bit of clarification as I don't want Monday to come and to be scratching my head as to why I wasn't offered it haha.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

yeah, you're grand, no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah looks fine, so long as you get the points and you're not applying for one of the nursing programmes in whatever college you quoted that from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShakeNBakes

Ah yeah, it's just for arts in UCD. Forgot to specify it in the original post haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Maths isn't a requirement for UCD arts, you're fine. :)

Advertisement