Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HIIT

• 17-08-2013 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi al, I have been doing HIIT for the past few days and I am impressed.

My routine is as follows:

30mins-Treadmill-40seconds fast/20seconds do nothing ( ie jump off treadmill and stand feet apart from treadmill )

10mins-Crosstrainer

10mins-Treadmill-40seconds fast/20seconds do nothing ( ie jump off treadmill and stand feet apart from treadmill )

Now my question is, my feet in particular my heels are killing me the morning after, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

johnsds wrote: »

30mins-Treadmill-40seconds fast/20seconds do nothing ( ie jump off treadmill and stand feet apart from treadmill )

10mins-Crosstrainer

10mins-Treadmill-40seconds fast/20seconds do nothing ( ie jump off treadmill and stand feet apart from treadmill )

Now my question is, my feet in particular my heels are killing me the morning after, what am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE

If you are using HIIT as a weight loss method, dont forget to pay attention to your diet, that accounts for 80% of all weight loss..

if you are using it as a training method for running, make sure to incorporate tempo running and long slow runs as well. Ideally HIIT should be done no more than twice a week.

As for the HIIT routine you have outlined..
    It sounds like you are over-training.. try warming up first for 2 mins, doing 1min fast and 1 min slow for 20 mins,
    then do 20 mins steady state (non HIIT) on crosstrainer.
    to increase the difficulty gradually, increase the fast speed incrementally, or increase the fast time length.
    You should only be doing HIIT 1-2 times/week
    Also, ensure that you cool down adequately to prevent injury.

hope that helps,

daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

johnsds wrote: »

10mins-Crosstrainer

Now my question is, my feet in particular my heels are killing me the morning after, what am I doing wrong?

Get some running shoes . Nike pegasus are the sh1t.

Advertisement