Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting first year!!

• 17-08-2013 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi so it looks like I got more than enough points for BIS in UCC but I am just wondering what date do first years usually start in UCC? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

Hector122 wrote: »
    Hi so it looks like I got more than enough points for BIS in UCC but I am just wondering what date do first years usually start in UCC? :)

Orientation for BIS is the 6th Sept

On the timetable it say classes start the 16th but I'm not sure

http://timetable.ucc.ie/1314/programme.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yep, lectures stardom the 16th. Congrats and have a good time in UCC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

and is it true that there is no christmas exams per say and only summer exams, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

For this year only, it's susposed to be changing next year.

Here's the modules list, click on the module code to see how the marks are broken down.

http://www.ucc.ie/calendar/commerce/com005.html

ah right not so bad, study month will be intense hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Well you say that now, but noone really takes study month seriously besides the erasmus students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

haha, study month...hahaha intense...ill tell you whats intense...the month that comes after study month...now thats intense

anyone be able to tell me do i need a laptop with specific requirements for this course??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Hey Hector, I'll be joining you next month doing BIS. Also wondering about the laptop situation

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

You do not need a laptop for any course in UCC. BIS have special computer labs with all the software you will need preinstalled. If you want the option of working from home you can get a laptop but plenty of people manage fine with just the labs. The same is the case for computer science (I'm actually in CS not BIS but the situation is the same).

If you are planning on purchasing a laptop get a Windows laptop and not a OS X one. BIS use a lot of Microsoft software and having OS X will be more trouble than it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Plus you get a lot of free Microsoft programmes through UCC.

just dont get a mac and youll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

shane9689 wrote: »
    just dont get a mac and youll be fine

You'll also have way more money which you will waste on alcohol during Fresher's week :)

dont drink lads going ucc purely for educational purposes!

Hector122 wrote: »
    dont drink lads going ucc purely for educational purposes!

aren't we all hector, aren't we all...

Advertisement