Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie places to eat in Dublin....

Options
  • 17-08-2013 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

What are your favourites? I am travelling up to "The Big Smoke" soon and cannot wait to have a meal in a purely veggie place.

Which Govindas branch is everyones favourite? WHich has the best range of options?

I have my committed-meat-eating boyfriend with me so inventive veggie food suggestions would be good to keep him happy as he will suffer veg based food for one meal to humour me!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cornucopia is nice but for a proper nice restaurant you would have to go to one that serves meat and has god veggie options/veggie menu. Depending on how much you want to spend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

Vegan-friendly restaurants in Ireland: http://irishvegan.ie/?page_id=4

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Highly recommend Deli Ó Delhi, its kind of hit and miss if you order something you think you know and end up with something totally different, but the hara bara cutlet and the dosas are amazing and the spinach curry in the daily fiver... (*getting hungry*). It is cheap and cheerful and basically a café, so not for a big leisurely meal, but really good for a take away or quick lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Cornucopia is nice upstairs but personally I find their food very bland...
    Govinda's: I love their seasoning, they are a bit canteenish though! Abbey St is probably the sloppiest and Baggot St the tidiest (the smallest too).
    Deli O'Delhi is good fun and a lot of their dishes are vegan.
    Ambala Cafe has similar menu with dosas and street food but they serve meat based dishes too. It has more of a restaurant feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

thanks you for all the great suggestions! my mouth is watering already!!

• Advertisement

thanks you for all the great suggestions! my mouth is watering already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Another lovely restaurant is Madina, on Mary Street. Always found the food in there delicious. They have some nice veggie options, it serves Indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Also, if you're around Thursday - Sunday, you should try out Lurve, it's a vegan cafe that does really nice food and cakes and things! Haven't been in a while but it's really tasty and much cheaper than Cornucopia :)

https://www.facebook.com/LurveFabulousVeganFood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Govindas on Aungier St is my favourite of the three.

I love The Cedar Tree on Andrew's Street - their Vegetarian Mezze is so so good. They have loads of meaty dishes too if your OH isn't tempted by their veggie fare.

I'd heard that Lurve had closed :s Hope I heard wrong, I never got to try it!

I always get the Cedar Tree and Byblos confused (one on top of the other!) but I've been to the ground floor one and recommend it. Good prices for reasonable size dishes and the mezze, which is hugely expensive, is AMAAAAAAAAZING and virtually all vegan. It is a huuuuge meal though. Downside: I've had some pretty vinegary wine in there, and it gets very busy at weekends so you probably want to book.

I am DESPERATE to try the vegan brunch at Seven Social, but it only seems to run on a Saturday. :(http://www.sevensocial.ie/menus

• Advertisement

Wow - thanks so much everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Are their restaurants that are gluten free, dairy free as well as vegan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Cactus Jacks in the Italian Quarter do AMAZING mexican food and will 'veganise' it for you on request :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

This blog is pretty good for veggie places in dublin: https://www.facebook.com/VegiAndVeganDublin?fref=ts

The indian place they mention looks amaaaaaaaaazing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Damascus gate high on that list. I totally agree.

Advertisement