Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon UPC Error Code 1001

• 17-08-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, got UPC Horizon box delivered today and went to install it but giving error 1001 and won't install. UPC say an engineer needs to come out but earliest is Wednesday.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to get it working? The outlet wall box is ntl so don't know if anything to do with that or does it need to be updated?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Hi all, got UPC Horizon box delivered today and went to install it but giving error 1001 and won't install. UPC say an engineer needs to come out but earliest is Wednesday.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to get it working? The outlet wall box is ntl so don't know if anything to do with that or does it need to be updated?

Any help much appreciated.

• Wait 30 minutes after the message appears.
    • Start the media box again with the on / off button on the back.
    • You see after restart error code 1001 in the picture Check your wiring to horizon box and start the media box again.
    Do you have a previous UPC Digital Box to test for channels if not
    Do you get a upc analogue signal to your tv does any channels work
    If that don't work wait till UPC engineer comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Salmonbrian1

paulboland wrote: »
    • Wait 30 minutes after the message appears.
    • Start the media box again with the on / off button on the back.
    • You see after restart error code 1001 in the picture Check your wiring to horizon box and start the media box again.
    Do you have a previous UPC Digital Box to test for channels if not
    Do you get a upc analogue signal to your tv does any channels work
    If that don't work wait till UPC engineer comes out

Have the tv on the wall and weighs a tonne so won't get to get in at back of it to check if analogue works. There was an old upc box when we moved in but gone now so can't check that. Thanks for the reply 😉

Have the tv on the wall and weighs a tonne so won't get to get in at back of it to check if analogue works. There was an old upc box when we moved in but gone now so can't check that. Thanks for the reply 😉

Just an update I connected another small tv to the cable and there's no signal whatsoever so it's obviously needs to be connected up outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Just an update I connected another small tv to the cable and there's no signal whatsoever so it's obviously needs to be connected up outside.

Glad you found out reason for no signal UPC engineer will fix it outside in the street manhole cover he turn it back on

I gather you were not using upc and at some stage was cut off

If the cable to house are old try get him to put new one in and new upc point as horizon needs quality cable and get him to give you a better cable to connect to the horizon as the one that's comes with horizon not that great especially if you need a long cable

paulboland wrote: »
    Glad you found out reason for no signal UPC engineer will fix it outside in the street manhole cover he turn it back on

I gather you were not using upc and at some stage was cut off

If the cable to house are old try get him to put new one in and new upc point as horizon needs quality cable and get him to give you a better cable to connect to the horizon as the one that's comes with horizon not that great especially if you need a long cable

Hey thanks for the tips I'll say it to him about cable as it doesn't look the best when I opened the box. I'm big into good quality cables have monster cables in all my home entertainment including optical etc.

I never used upc here in the apartment and it has ntl written on it so can only imagine how old it is. The box at side of the apartment has the lid open and the wires sometimes are hanging out with the junction box so I am going to ask him to have a look at that too make sure it's ok. The cables look fairly decent inside but just to be safe.

I'm happy I know now there is no signal because I was wrecking my head trying it every hour lol so thanks for the tip of checking tv directly would never have thought of that. Dying to get the horizon up and running.

• Advertisement
Advertisement