Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Fran, Vegas and. ??

Options
  • 17-08-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Going to SF for 6 nights, Vegas for 3 nights and want to add a 3rd city for 3/4 nights. 23yr old solo female traveler. Heading to SF first then Vegas, so would like somewhere between Vegas and nYC as I'll have to travel there for a layover. Don't think I'll do NYC/east coast as I'd like to spend a proper amount of time there in the future hopefully. Any suggestions welcome. Just looking for an interesting city with good history, culture, architecture, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

If you are slightly alternative - Austin?

For Old West feel, Spanish Trail and Native American culture - Sante Fe?

Architecture - Chicago?

Anything you particularly like in a city?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dani049

Thanks for the reply. I like smallish cities, good public transport is also a must because I don't drive. Chicago seems too...modern to me? Maybe I just don't know enough about the place but it never seemed that appealing.

Then Austin or Sante Fe would be my recommendations.

Sante Fe is tiny, but you can get some tours of the area, try and visit Taos for a day, and some of the other pueblos.
    Or 3 days in downtown Austin and just party; Austin folk are really friendly...as long as you don't announce you are moving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dani049

Not interested in partying (only doing Vegas to see a friend otherwise it doesn't appeal to me) but I'll look into Santa Fe, haven't heard much about it!

dani049 wrote: »
    Not interested in partying (only doing Vegas to see a friend otherwise it doesn't appeal to me) but I'll look into Santa Fe, haven't heard much about it!

It is the oldest city in the US.

Ancient plaza (by American standards) an important part of the Spanish Trail, home of the Museum of Native American Art, the Georgia O'Keefe museum; incredible arts and crafts, Native American silver and turquoise sold on the streets by licence, great food and arts, very walkable or rent a scooter.

Tours out to Native American pueblos (or PM me if you make it out, happy to tour guide if I'm not busy)

http://santafe.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

New Orleans.

Small, walkable but with excellent public transport as well.

Frirndly people, amazing food, a Huge amount of history and unlike any other American cities with a totally unspolied city centre. It really is a unique place. The architecture is beautiful. Old French carribean, you'll be amazed. Then there's the beautiful old mansions in the garden district.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=29.959161,-90.063715&spn=0.001074,0.002167&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=29.959161,-90.063715&panoid=9tTgyR5m73BlQjSfV7kfBw&cbp=12,13.42,,0,2.56

Advertisement