Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc secure wave saab

Options
  • 17-08-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi all..
    after installing a 1070 wireless system about a year ago and am realizing I should have run a cable to the external bell which is looking for batteries ....
    I now have managed to run the cable through the house cavities (two story) and I am wondering should I now replace the batteries with lithium non rechargeable or lithium rechargeable...as I understand it I just need to bring a + and - to the bell ie. I will just be using two cores? is there a rectifier in the bell? to keep the batteries float charged from looking at the circuit board I don't think so....ive also realized I need to bring a 4K7 resistor into the circuit ...where is the best place to put it....many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

All you have to do is connect the 12v feed from your panel to the appropriate power terminals in the bell box.
    Don't worry about resistors, just replace the batteries as they are, that way if your 12 volt feed fails for whatever reason then the unit will still be alive, hence the term SAB

I think you are getting mixed up with a wired and wireless box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If you're connecting 12v to the wireless bell you need to get the rechargeable battery pack from hkc.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rocoso

thanks for that kub....but what is fred funks point about rechargables ? I understand from your awnser kub that if the sabb has 12v supply it does comms wireless after ...that being the case I wonder what is the time frame if any for low voltage in batteries
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

rocoso wrote: »
    thanks for that kub....but what is fred funks point about rechargables ? I understand from your awnser kub that if the sabb has 12v supply it does comms wireless after ...that being the case I wonder what is the time frame if any for low voltage in batteries
    cheers

AFAIK the batteries that come with the wireless Sab are not rechargeable, obviously a 12 v feed to them will damage them.
    Hence rechargeable batteries will need to be used instead. Its a bit unknown to me to be honest as if the opportunity was there to run a cable between the box and panel then I would opt for a 6 core cable and a traditional wired bell box.
    How long they will last is currently an unknown in my opinion as they are not on the market long enough. In fairness though with their wired equivalent, the batteries last year's.

thanks for that kub....I am going to look at the circuit board in bell tomorrow and indeed as I stupidly asked there cannot be a possibility off a rectifier as we are talking about a dc supply....sorry about that....which brings me to the question off is there a dc charging element in the electronics in the sabb ...I think if that's the case maybe I should install rechagables....if not then regulars would do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

If you're connecting 12v to the wireless bell you need to get the rechargeable battery pack from hkc.

Fred is correct. The RF SABB can be set up in 3 main ways.

1. RF SABB with Single Batt Pack (6 Batteries)
    2. RF SABB with Double Batt Pack (12 Batteries)
    3. RF SABB with 12 Volt PSU.(With it own 12v Batt Backup) and 8.4 V Back up Battery in the SABB for SAB.

If you want to run the RF SABB from the 12Volts you will need the 8.4V Battery.

that's great steven 868 ....I have ordered the pack today...thanks fellas for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi, I have installed HKC 1070 at my home one year ago and was replaced only the panel. Everything was working fine. Now my old HKC SAAB battery was week and I replaced with new SAAB blue strobe one. lights are working , tamper is working when we open, but its not triggering when alarm goes on. I did the wiring same as the old HKC SAAB which one was working properly . can you please help me why the new SAAB in not triggering when alarm goes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok we need to start at some basics. Do you have a multi meter? If so trigger the system and measure the voltage across Bell + & bell trigger (-) up at the bell.

Advertisement