Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you afraid of the dark?

• 18-08-2013 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭

It doesn't necessarily have to be in a park when there's no one else around and you get the shivers btw.

The dark and fear, talk to me.

Are you afraid of the dark? 31 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    9% 3 votes
    Only when I'm in a park (explain on thread Des'Ree)
    90% 28 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

No. What's to be afraid of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I don't want to see a ghost, it's the sight that I fear most.

Less chance of seeing ghosts when it's pitch dark. Blackout blinds FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Ghosts. Sure wouldn't you rather have a piece of toast and watch the evening news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's the difference between light and hard?

You can fall asleep with a light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark... I have a constant fear that somethings always near.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Ghosts. Sure wouldn't you rather have a piece of toast and watch the evening news?

What ghosts?

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark... I have a constant fear that somethings always near.
    That was me again. Sorry... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

What ghosts?

The ghosts that circle the Earth watching us repeat the mistakes of the past over-and-over and who can't rest until we get our shit together as a species and stop squabbling over stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

I think this thread needs a bit of culture - the non probiotic type. Read this limerick, close your eyes and think, then read it again. 'Tis very deep. :D

There was a young man from the Coast
    Who put melted shit on his toast
    When the toast saw the shit
    It collapsed in a fit
    For the shit was it's grandfather's ghost

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    I think this thread needs a bit of culture - the non probiotic type. Read this limerick, close your eyes and think, then read it again. 'Tis very deep. :D

There was a young man from the Coast
    Who put melted shit on his toast
    When the toast saw the shit
    It collapsed in a fit
    For the shit was it's grandfather's ghost
    Deep sh1t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I suppose like a lot of people if I watch scary movies or paranormal documentaries at night I get a bit jumpy when I blow out the oil lamps and head to bed.

In the bright morning time I always cringe for having these feelings. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

Seriously though, I quite like the dark. I do my best work at night. Even though I love long summer days, I hate when it's getting bright in the morning and I haven't even gone to sleep yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

While I ain't afraid of the dark, I am rather creeped out when it comes to the depths of the oceans and what's beyond what you can't see - the murkiness of light just fading into the dark blue, and what lurks beyond.

/shudders.

Advertisement