Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon news

Options
  • 18-08-2013 6:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Ok so your watching tv in the afternoon and no doubt you have seen the following.

Serbian news

Spanish news

Croatian news

Maltese news

Some obscure country news

So I thought to myself how come we never see an rte or bbc news, do we need more of us here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Good point.

Can understand BBC probably BBC world news licensed through Foxtel but I'd imagine RTE news would probably get as wide an audience as Maltese on SBS.

Maybe we should petition SBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

All the countries listed are foreign language, if you all payed more attention to your gaelic during your leaving cert you might have leg to stand on, besides Irish news report is like the weather round up, here is what's going to happen on Monday.

Some scummer in Dublin gets shot.

A company looses 250 jobs

Another announces 75 jobs, the IDA takes all the credit.

A pensioner gets attacked in their home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Weathering wrote: »
    Aussie news for Monday

What is culture

Where can we find culture

Find out on 60 minutes

Ain't 60 minutes on Sunday night..... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The Aussie wrote: »
    All the countries listed are foreign language, if you all payed more attention to your gaelic during your leaving cert you might have leg to stand on, besides Irish news report is like the weather round up, here is what's going to happen on Monday.

Some scummer in Dublin gets shot.

A company looses 250 jobs

Another announces 75 jobs, the IDA takes all the credit.

A pensioner gets attacked in their home.

True the countries listed are all foreign language countries. However it's blatantly obvious the news that is being played is not mostly Australian based.

Immigrants from the British Isles make up the majority of people living in Australia born overseas. So in this regard why are they not catered for?

Plus why do people even need to have news on Australian TV from the home countries? When you think about is the price of Cabbage in Romania to someone living in Melbourne is of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

The Aussie wrote: »
    besides Irish news report is like the weather round up, here is what's going to happen on Monday.

I do prefer the Irish and British style news presenting rather than the sensationalist bulls**t America style that seems to be prevalent in Australia. There's a level of complexity that seems to be missing. SBS seems to be the only reputable news organization i've come across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Why would want to see the Irish news? It will only make you sad and angry. I listen to the recaps of Moncrief in the Newstalk website, and even the hourly headlines are depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

ifeelill wrote: »
    I do prefer the Irish and British style news presenting rather than the sensationalist bulls**t America style that seems to be prevalent in Australia.

If you don't like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

ArseBurger wrote: »
    If you don't like it....

register my complaint with the editor or producers ?

Advertisement