Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert students 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TooMuchAtOnce

Well im Indian thats all im saying on the internet!!..and im a girl..lol cant forget to mention that! :D

Well that narrows it down a small bit :L I'm a girl too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 zeldagamelover

Well that narrows it down a small bit :L I'm a girl too :)

Oh cool so are you going to take up ag science or have you done it before?

Oh cool so are you going to take up ag science or have you done it before?

I'v done ag science, going to pick up ag economics though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Social things? Do you mean making friends?

Ya like people in the exact same position as me. I know it will be hard knowing nobody but I think they would be a nicer comfort than those just going into the tortuous year.

Looking to go up 60-80 myself. We'll get there sure its just revision :D

I'v done ag science, going to pick up ag economics though :)

Is ag science hard to do in 1 year?

• Advertisement

oncex wrote: »
    Ya like people in the exact same position as me. I know it will be hard knowing nobody but I think they would be a nicer comfort than those just going into the tortuous year.

Looking to go up 60-80 myself. We'll get there sure its just revision :D

Yeah true.. Yes thats the spirit!

Is ag science hard to do in 1 year?

If you have an interest in it and do either biology or geog I'd say its a good one to do but if you have never even been on a farm I personally think it would be awful hard learning about farm animals and all that goes along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

I'm heading into Ashfield College this year, repeating my Leaving Cert - I've accepted my decision! :) don't kid yourself, get to work from the beginning, two years to cover in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JonG

okay so basically im confused about the subjects i am gonna do..i am starting back on wednesday or thursday repeating in the same school.
    I am doing Biology, Chemistry, French, Geography and English. Now thats five subjects but i dont know whether to do six or seven subjects.
    I got a B2 in Pass Maths and Irish this year.
    I am dropping maths cos there is no point in moving up to higher level maths because of the work load but I am thinking of moving up to Higher level Irish.
    Would it be easier to take up Higher level Irish for the year or just take on a new subject which would be Ag Science??
    And is 6 subjects enough?? Or would i be better to just do 7 incase?? Any help would really be appreciated thanks :)

JonG wrote: »
    okay so basically im confused about the subjects i am gonna do..i am starting back on wednesday or thursday repeating in the same school.
    I am doing Biology, Chemistry, French, Geography and English. Now thats five subjects but i dont know whether to do six or seven subjects.
    I got a B2 in Pass Maths and Irish this year.
    I am dropping maths cos there is no point in moving up to higher level maths because of the work load but I am thinking of moving up to Higher level Irish.
    Would it be easier to take up Higher level Irish for the year or just take on a new subject which would be Ag Science??
    And is 6 subjects enough?? Or would i be better to just do 7 incase?? Any help would really be appreciated thanks :)

If you're comfortable taking up new subjects, I'd leave out Maths & Irish and would try something new (will require more dedication and study, that's why you're repeating right? xD I'm leaving out Irish & German myself, since I filled the university requirement already). I'd do 7, I am doing 7 myself just in case something doesn't go my way whether or not I put the work in.

If you want to drop something that's fine, but research up on past exam papers of potential subject candidates on examinations.ie or wherever to see the complexity and range of questions. Since you have 5 for definitive, take up something theoretical such as Business or Economics (to an extent) - no crazy Maths equations or anything like that, it will just take time. And if you feel that you're strapped for time, you could also take up the LCVP module for a potential 70 points (dependent on if your school has the option).

• Advertisement

If you have an interest in it and do either biology or geog I'd say its a good one to do but if you have never even been on a farm I personally think it would be awful hard learning about farm animals and all that goes along with it.

i think im going to take it thanks for the advice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fml2013

welcome to the thread! :D
    Why thank you :pac: how's the studying going? ;)

fml2013 wrote: »
    Why thank you :pac: how's the studying going? ;)

good i did the 2007 physics paper today an a bitta hpat.. :D so proud of myself ! :P wbu? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Repeating and have to do that horrible home ec project thing all over again! :(:(

Repeating and have to do that horrible home ec project thing all over again! :(:(

It's the case with DCG for myself, rumour says that it's about a reusable water bottle! :rolleyes:

Oh god that sucks :(

I am just wondering does anyone know of any good Geography Revision/Workbooks for the Leaving Cert? I have Exam Skills which is great but I am just wondering is there anything out there for maybe practising short questions?
    Also does anyone know of anygood French Tape Books for Higher level for my own revision? I am repeating so as I do the exam papers I begin to remember the answers from last year so it is useless!

I am just wondering does anyone know of any good Geography Revision/Workbooks for the Leaving Cert? I have Exam Skills which is great but I am just wondering is there anything out there for maybe practising short questions?
    Also does anyone know of anygood French Tape Books for Higher level for my own revision? I am repeating so as I do the exam papers I begin to remember the answers from last year so it is useless!

Practice listening from your text book

Past exam papers, sample papers (if the course has changed in any way). Nothing to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Exo wrote: »
    Past exam papers, sample papers (if the course has changed in any way). Nothing to it.

They just said they already did all the exam papers because they are repeating , i can relate to that , that you remember some of them.

I got a book this year, ecoutez et ameliorez , it doesn't have any answers like the papers do but if you practice listening ,they have the script in french that you can translate for the answers or read along with while you listen , i think it was useful :)

• Advertisement

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    They just said they already did all the exam papers because they are repeating , i can relate to that , that you remember some of them.

I got a book this year, ecoutez et ameliorez , it doesn't have any answers like the papers do but if you practice listening ,they have the script in french that you can translate for the answers or read along with while you listen , i think it was useful :)

The guy has posted similar questions on multiple threads. If he did all the exam papers, then he should do them again. Read the textbook(s). I know nothing about French so I can't do anything there!

aimzLc2 wrote: »

ha..thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Exo wrote: »
    The guy has posted similar questions on multiple threads. If he did all the exam papers, then he should do them again. Read the textbook(s). I know nothing about French so I can't do anything there!

Theres no point doing them again if you remember the answers , you need more practice. If you know nothing about french i don't see why you bothered answering this question about french...

Thanks aimzLc2 for the advice, you know wat ur on about! :) and Exo the reason why i posted it a few times was because i needed a reply urgent..sorry to cause any hassle :) and i dont think u should give any advice about stuff that you dont know about, just sayin!

I know nothing about French (thankfully - German rox). No chance of me doing it again though lol I'd rather take up new subjects than do that language again, Irish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Ask your teacher for pre geography papers or sample papers because doing papers is really the only way to practice SQs :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

So hows everyone finding the work? I think its very repetitive and boring this year

I've yet to start school. Induction day on the 16th - not really a tradition school though. Ordered some books online so they arrive by next week, prices are mental - 4 books, over €80. Accounting is highway robbery! (Oh the irony, sort of.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The likes of biology and geography are excruciatingly boring but art is always gonna be grand.
    Although I'm almost giggling in Irish and maths everyday cause I feel super advanced cause I know what's going on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm doing two new subjects- business and geography and I want to have caught up by mid november so they are taking up 90% of my time at the minute. Sitting in classes that I have been doing for the last two years is very tedious however :(

Advertisement