Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert students 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

has anybody being told repeating is a bad idea,my "guidance councillor" told me it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think we're quite lucky with English this year. The only new things I will be doing this year is Heaney as a poet and Sive as a Comparative text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Hope everyones getting on okay. It really isn't as bad as they say it just sucks how you miss all your friends :( Ya I agree about the English all I need to do is Heaney and Dickinson and the rest is revision. To be fair the only thing thats irking me is the sraith pictiurs and new subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Whats annoying is all the photos of people in college with freshers week etc. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

This sounds like me last year, just think to yourself thatl be you next year. And believe me it really is worth the wait, keep focused and preserve, its only a couple of months after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

oncex wrote: »
    Hope everyones getting on okay. It really isn't as bad as they say it just sucks how you miss all your friends :( Ya I agree about the English all I need to do is Heaney and Dickinson and the rest is revision. To be fair the only thing thats irking me is the sraith pictiurs and new subject.

What new subject did you take up??

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    What new subject did you take up??

Economics with grinds and self teaching! It's grand though I needed something new to keep me interested. The classes are getting repetitive.

i know a guy who sat 30 leaving cert subjects , he passed 27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

i know a guy who sat 30 leaving cert subjects , he passed 27.

Fair play to him but WHY would you do that..? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Is anybody else not going to school and doing it yourself,, no?

• Advertisement

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Is anybody else not going to school and doing it yourself,, no?

I would if my course was lower but I really need the extra motivation to get up in the morning. Are you?

Also does anyone here do art?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Also does anyone here do art?

yep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leaving Cert Problems

Hey guys.
    Can I answer on The Pursuit of Sovereignty and the impact of partition 1912-1949 in the essay section this year seeing as the document question is based on this topic this year?

Hey guys.
    Can I answer on The Pursuit of Sovereignty and the impact of partition 1912-1949 in the essay section this year seeing as the document question is based on this topic this year?

Nope it wont come up :( we have to learn an extra 2 books and a research topic

• Registered Users Posts: 29 6YearStruggle

Dropped out of college today, considering returning to the life of leaving cert but doing it externally! Worried about motivation though, I'd be equally as bored in school as I'm not taking up any new subjects but I might just fling it to the side at home

what course were you in?

peekachoo wrote: »
    what course were you in?

Insurance in UL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Dropped out of college today, considering returning to the life of leaving cert but doing it externally! Worried about motivation though, I'd be equally as bored in school as I'm not taking up any new subjects but I might just fling it to the side at home

If you are worried about motivation i'd seriously consider going back to a school ,i suggest a v.e.c ,if you are going to be bored either way you might aswell be in a class with a teachers voice and a teacher to get you to do some work

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    If you are worried about motivation i'd seriously consider going back to a school ,i suggest a v.e.c ,if you are going to be bored either way you might aswell be in a class with a teachers voice and a teacher to get you to do some work

Yeah true but I wouldn't get the full benefit out of it. Luckily I'm not one of those people who need to repeat, I'm only doing it as it seems like a better option and there's no waiting around like there would be for a job.
    So confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 waternymph XD

yes i got really bad scores for medicine i got a low score of 430 for medicine. i knew i wasnt going to get in with the hpat but for my capabilities i had expected at least 500 with the amount i had studided .. i have been accepted into the dcu engineering but im not sure whether i should go for it.. :/ any advice?
    I don't know you, but I think you should go for it! A cousin of mine did the course and said it was extremely beneficial :) Unless you plan on trying out for medicine again next year, then I think it's a waste of time repeating.

• Advertisement

Yeah true but I wouldn't get the full benefit out of it. Luckily I'm not one of those people who need to repeat, I'm only doing it as it seems like a better option and there's no waiting around like there would be for a job.
    So confused :confused:

What didn't you like about your course? Have you another course in mind that was your 1st option?

What didn't you like about your course? Have you another course in mind that was your 1st option?

It wasn't the course, it was more the college. I was living on campus but it was way way out and tbh it's ridiculous that anyone is placed out there that isn't doing nursing. I was hoping to do straight business next year but my father has made it fairly clear that UL wont be happening again! Looking into commerce or arts in NUIG now

It wasn't the course, it was more the college. I was living on campus but it was way way out and tbh it's ridiculous that anyone is placed out there that isn't doing nursing. I was hoping to do straight business next year but my father has made it fairly clear that UL wont be happening again! Looking into commerce or arts in NUIG now

Do you have enough points to apply for them next year without repeating? If you think you would have more than enough then you're probably better off just working for the year. Would you not have moved somewhere nearer; you can't have been that far away surely?

Do you have enough points to apply for them next year without repeating? If you think you would have more than enough then you're probably better off just working for the year. Would you not have moved somewhere nearer; you can't have been that far away surely?

Yep! It'd be waiting to get a job that's the problem, not that there's many going around this place. I'd rather have something good to show for the year than a load of failed job opportunities. It was a good 25 minutes/half an hours walk to my base building, better off living off campus

Yep! It'd be waiting to get a job that's the problem, not that there's many going around this place. I'd rather have something good to show for the year than a load of failed job opportunities. It was a good 25 minutes/half an hours walk to my base building, better off living off campus

I hope thats nt the reason for dropping out haha no in all honestly, everyone of us repeating cos were stubborn and don't want to settle so theres no shame in it! Just print out as many CVS as possible, even just a job in Centra part time as all the Leaving certs/college people will have probably finished up during the week.

taking up three new subjects, hope it goes well,

We've an exam tomorrow on like the first 10 sraith pictiur and I don't even have a copy of the pictures but I think I'm expected to do it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 zeldagamelover

I don't know you, but I think you should go for it! A cousin of mine did the course and said it was extremely beneficial :) Unless you plan on trying out for medicine again next year, then I think it's a waste of time repeating.

Thanks but im already in my second week in the institute :)

For anyone that didn't do those intensive revision courses last year, are you going to do it this year? Was against them last year but they must have worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 JonG

Im writing up the Field Work for the Geography lc Project..and im just wondering is their any chance of losing marks for going over the word count or do they even bother counting it??
    And for the Ag Science project...I am working and taking bits from another project...The ''Font Type and size'' are a bit different to the pages that im including and the pages that i am reusing from the other project. Will they even notice or am i better off to retype all the 100 and something pages to have all the font the exact same? I know its only a small thing but im just wondering :)
    And are you allowed take pictures from the internet or are they all ment to be taking by yourself?
    Any replies wud be great thanks :D

Advertisement