Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert students 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

JonG wrote: »
    Im writing up the Field Work for the Geography lc Project..and im just wondering is their any chance of losing marks for going over the word count or do they even bother counting it??
    And for the Ag Science project...I am working and taking bits from another project...The ''Font Type and size'' are a bit different to the pages that im including and the pages that i am reusing from the other project. Will they even notice or am i better off to retype all the 100 and something pages to have all the font the exact same? I know its only a small thing but im just wondering :)
    And are you allowed take pictures from the internet or are they all ment to be taking by yourself?
    Any replies wud be great thanks :D

With the geo, I completely went over the word count and got 100%! I suppose as long as medium sized writing fits in comfortably you'll be fine. Forgot i had to do that again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

oncex wrote: »
    With the geo, I completely went over the word count and got 100%! I suppose as long as medium sized writing fits in comfortably you'll be fine. Forgot i had to do that again

so did I! :D
    I think the word count is more of a "guide" than anything else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JonG

Thanks..i just wanted to make sure that i wouldnt get minused any marks :P because im aiming for that A1 :) thanks again and i hope the LC is goin good for ya :)

Is everyone going to the college open days this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 zeldagamelover

Is everyone going to the college open days this year?

nope im not! :D are you?

• Advertisement

nah I'm not cause I'm still set on my CAO choices from last year :pac:

how ye all getting on lads? :)

nope im not! :D are you?

Ya I'm not either so looks like study days for us all :D It actually isn't as bad as I imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

Lads what reasons did ye have for repeating? Would it be mad to repeat because I didn't get my first choice University?

Lads what reasons did ye have for repeating? Would it be mad to repeat because I didn't get my first choice University?

nope not mad at all!
    I'm repeating cause I didn't get my first choice :)

Course or College?

• Advertisement

Course or College?

well my first and second choices were the same courses in different colleges and I missed both of them so I guess you could say both :pac:

did you look into the transferring after first year option before you went back to sixth year?

I'm in college at the moment in Maynooth but wanted UCD or Trinity. Passing through Dublin on my commute and seeing all the bus stops and UCD and Trinity students just beats me up and I'm thinking of dropping out to repeat. Does anyone know the craic with fees if I do it now?

aaaaaaah i see.
    as far as i know if you drop out and pick up a new course you have to pay the fees for first year but then you're covered the same in second year.

I don't know much about it but definitely look into the transfer thing, I think sometimes if you're in a similar course you can transfer colleges at the end of 1st year if you get good results??
    Don't quote me on that at all but do have a look into it before you choose to drop out!

Been looking at the UCD transfer policy and found this:

"Applications are considered provided:
    a) They meet the entry requirements of the class they are entering, except under the conditions outlined in 2.2.2 and 2.3.2 in the Transfer Policy.
    b) They are able to satisfy the progression requirements of the new programme (i.e this normally requires having at least 50 credits relevant to the target programme including all pre-requisites).
    c) There are places available in the new programme"

By entry requirements they surely mean those on which the students of 2nd year into which I would transfer got in? That'd make it impossible for me to go in :(

Could be repeating after all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 6YearStruggle

Been looking at the UCD transfer policy and found this:

"Applications are considered provided:
    a) They meet the entry requirements of the class they are entering, except under the conditions outlined in 2.2.2 and 2.3.2 in the Transfer Policy.
    b) They are able to satisfy the progression requirements of the new programme (i.e this normally requires having at least 50 credits relevant to the target programme including all pre-requisites).
    c) There are places available in the new programme"

By entry requirements they surely mean those on which the students of 2nd year into which I would transfer got in? That'd make it impossible for me to go in :(

Could be repeating after all :/

Ring up the admissions office tomorrow, more than likely they'll have extra options than those 3 :)

Didn't get my course and my future self would kick herself if I didnt give it a second go. Personally, I think it would be mad to "waste" a year of your life just because you like a college better. Maynooth is fab I hear, the grass is always greener yada yada... Honestly if my course was anywhere else I wouldn't mind. Saying that, phone up everyone! I was shocked at how some people transferred courses outside their CAO.

EDIT: Just read your other post, if the course isn't the same as the one you wanted and you really do want it. Repeat for it its actually grand!! Also did you get anything rechecked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Had my heart set on UCD last year but not sure now. A lot of my friends have gone there and while freshers week was the best week of their lives blah blah blah they all just seem homesick now that things have settled down. I'm not a 'homebird' myself but I understand how you could begin to feel that way as the winter nights close in etc. I think UCD will still be my number one choice this year though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jtaylol

Hello fellow repeaters! :) I'm 18 and repeating for Med, got 500 last year and a decent hpat but took medicine off my cao around Easter when I burned out and lost motivation. I managed A's and B's in everything bar Chemistry and French. Chemistry in my school was a joke, it's an Irish school but we use English books and we were given a teacher with no Irish fresh out of her hdip, so I only got a D1. I was surprised with French, given that I'd gotten a steady stream of A's but got a C1! Hopefully if I maintain my A's, bring my B's up to A's and likewise with French and Chemistry I'll get it. Good luck everyone, sorry for the life story :D

Hope you get the med! :) Hows everyone finding the new sraith pictiuri?

There are...new..sraith pictuirí?

• Advertisement

unfortunately :(

We've done 5-9 since I started back but they're way harder than last years!
    there's no carta creidmheasa or teip sa scrudu :(:(:(:(

peekachoo wrote: »
    unfortunately :(

We've done 5-9 since I started back but they're way harder than last years!
    there's no carta creidmheasa or teip sa scrudu :(:(:(:(

I genuinely think they're the worst part about repeating. Ya i really miss sean and his silly crash and niamh getting her 450 points. This years people in the sraiths are far too adventurous for my liking...

the one i did earlier was the lads that were in school and decided to go to france to the rugby match?
    and the last one when yer wan won the lotto and went to new york

why can't they just be like Liam breaking his leg in irish college! :pac:

the one i did earlier was the lads that were in school and decided to go to france to the rugby match?
    and the last one when yer wan won the lotto and went to new york

why can't they just be like Liam breaking his leg in irish college! :pac:

Wait until you get to the one where they get lost in the fog on the mountains. Interesting take on last years Liam getting his leg stuck in a hole.

aaaaaaaahhhhh nooooooo :( :pac:
    I'm only photocopying them week by week so I haven't even seen the ones I haven't done yet :P

aaaaaaaahhhhh nooooooo :( :pac:
    I'm only photocopying them week by week so I haven't even seen the ones I haven't done yet :P

Vaguely remember you from last year's LC, what has you repeating? :)

Vaguely remember you from last year's LC, what has you repeating? :)

wow I'm famous :rolleyes:

just got unlucky tbh!
    my first choice was 530 and my second was 405 in 2012's cao

I knew from my results that I had missed my first choice but I was comfortably above my second choice
    but then when the CAO came back said course had skyrocketed
    and alas here I am :cool::pac:

It's the username! :P haha.. similar here my first was 495 and I expected it to come down to where I was sitting at 490, instead it went to 500!

let's be honest it's my distinctive lovable personality :rolleyes::pac:

ara shur look in the grand scheme of things a few months back in school is way better than doing a college course ya don't want! :D

• Advertisement

honours maths bonus can s*ck a d*ck

Advertisement