Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price increases and decreases watch.

• 18-08-2013 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭

Any of you that posted on here last season will be familar with these two sites and as per last season we had a thread to give people a head's up on rises and falls in prices for our main players.

For those of you not familar, when a player reaches 100% his price will go up (about 03:00 that night) or if he reaches -100% his price drops by .1

A player can only rise .3 or drop .3 in any gameweek.

Use these sites to your advantage, if you want rid of koscielny for example, but see he's not going to drop in price tonight, hang onto him incase one of your city players gets a serious injury tomorrow.
    Likewise, use it to check if the player you want in, is going to rise.
    The other thing, as i already mentioned is, prices don't change until 2 or 3 am that night, so there is absolutley no advantage (or sense) in making a transfer at 1pm or 6pm on a saturday.

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

http://development.totalfpl.com/pricechanges

Edit: Just including this link from JaxTeller in a different thread as it pretty much tells you everything you need to know about price changes
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    No that's not how it works . This is a little of out date but still a good read .

http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Coleman will definetely rise in price before the next gameweek but i'm hoping he holds off for today so i can watch the city match first, ideally, i'd like to watch the second chelsea match first but he won't hold off until then.
    he's at 33% in just about 16 hours since his match finished so if he doesn't rise tonight it'll more than likely be tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Coleman will definetely rise in price before the next gameweek but i'm hoping he holds off for today so i can watch the city match first, ideally, i'd like to watch the second chelsea match first but he won't hold off until then.
    he's at 33% in just about 16 hours since his match finished so if he doesn't rise tonight it'll more than likely be tomorrow night.

Looks like Coleman and Barkley will rise in the next couple of days, strangely enough Koscielny is still only less than 20% to a fall, not even near top of the fall list. Today's games could change things a lot of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'd be surprised to see Koscielny drop his Nto has been increased because of the Suspension , even when he comes back from that he should be protected from falling for 8 days .

Jax Teller wrote: »
    I'd be surprised to see Koscielny drop his Nto has been increased because of the Suspension , even when he comes back from that he should be protected from falling for 8 days .
    i wouldn't mind benching him so, if he looks unlikely to drop, even if he only drops .1 i wouldn't mind too much as i'll most likely keep him a while anyway so he'd probably get that back again once he's play regulary.

Ross Barkley might go up in price tonight but coleman looks like he'll be ok until tomorrow, i'm hoping this is the case anyway as i want to run the rule over negredo before making any transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Coleman and Barkley going up in price tonight.

Koscielny 47% of the way to a drop, I'd like to hold off changing him this week if possible so I can take Lukaku out, really don't like losing even 0.1 at this stage, effectively means I can only get a 5m player for him not a 5.5m player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I really think Coleman is a bandwagon. He's playing right back, not in midfield. Had a great start to the season, but he isn't going to pick up many clean sheets. I predict a lot of 1 scores.

EDIT: See the way Barkley is at 151%. Does that mean he is 51% of the way to another .1 rise or will he start from 0 again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SantryRed wrote: »
    EDIT: See the way Barkley is at 151%. Does that mean he is 51% of the way to another .1 rise or will he start from 0 again?

From what I can gather from this site: http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html, the price resets and he now needs double the NTI in order to go up another 0.1.
    Am open to correction though as it reads a little bit flunky.
    Q: Think so, but can you show me some numbers to make it clearer?
    A: Of course. So if the NTI target is 32,500, and the player hits this in a GW, remember their NTI total gets reset back to zero. If they are to increase again in the same GW, their NTI target is now 65,000 (32,500 x 2). If they manage to hit that increase again in the same GW, then their NTI target becomes 97,500 (32,500 x 3) and so on. Remember, each time they hit the NTI target in the same GW, they NTI total is reset to zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They got rid of having to double/treble NTI a few years back . That thing on Fiso is a little out of date .

• Advertisement

luke shaw (4.5) will rise in price tonight.

i just had a look at his fixtures and here is his next few home games

Sunderland
    west ham
    palace
    fulham
    hull
    villa

granted there's some tricky away games in that lot but with those 6 home games is he worth getting in?? (can't be any worse than cuellar anyway:P)

It's a shame Barkley & Coleman had so many transfers in , now we don't know what the actual threshold for rising is as they beat the estimates by 11000 & 30000 .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

luke shaw (4.5) will rise in price tonight.

i just had a look at his fixtures and here is his next few home games

Sunderland
    west ham
    palace
    fulham
    hull
    villa

granted there's some tricky away games in that lot but with those 6 home games is he worth getting in?? (can't be any worse than cuellar anyway:P)

I'd definitely be considering getting Shaw in if I wasn't starting Boruc in goal the next couple of games.

I'd definitely be considering getting Shaw in if I wasn't starting Boruc in goal the next couple of games.

cheers, i had just written a long rambling post in the transfers thread before i read this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

J Cole likely to scrape in for a rise tonight if fiso and totalfpl are accurate.

luke shaw and joe cole will rise in price tonight if they're on anyone's radar.

benteke is 64% on the way to a rise, despite the fact he still has to play tomorrow night, could get injured/suspended, has a tough game against liverpool next and then no fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

luke shaw and joe cole will rise in price tonight if they're on anyone's radar.

benteke is 64% on the way to a rise, despite the fact he still has to play tomorrow night, could get injured/suspended, has a tough game against liverpool next and then no fixture.

Hopefully Benteke's game against Liverpool is as tough as Villa's game at Anfield last year when Benteke got 2 goals and an assist!

Hopefully Benteke's game against Liverpool is as tough as Villa's game at Anfield last year when Benteke got 2 goals and an assist!

certainly one of the freak results of the season that.
    oh don't get me wrong, benteke is in great form and could well score once or twice, i just find it strange people are transferring him in to play one of the best defences in the league followed by no game, this before he has even played tomorrow night and as i said could get injured or suspended.

certainly one of the freak results of the season that.
    oh don't get me wrong, benteke is in great form and could well score once or twice, i just find it strange people are transferring him in to play one of the best defences in the league followed by no game, this before he has even played tomorrow night and as i said could get injured or suspended.

Yes, I agree with you. I don't think I'd be getting him in either.

Having said that, I have him, and I also don't think it's worth getting rid of him either. I'm going to bench him for GW3.

Yes, I agree with you. I don't think I'd be getting him in either.

Having said that, I have him, and I also don't think it's worth getting rid of him either. I'm going to bench him for GW3.

no, you're spot on there, if you have him, def keep him. he can easily be benched for 1 week as you say.

• Advertisement

i wish f**kers would stop transferring out ravel morrison, he's on 67% now to a drop, i need to start spreading rumours that big sam has said he'll be starting at newcastle and is on penalties.

Just realised my team value is only 0.1m behind the most valuable team! Come on!

Is Koscielny protected from a drop, there's a red dot beside him on FISO, maybe that's just the red card?

Is Koscielny protected from a drop, there's a red dot beside him on FISO, maybe that's just the red card?

He's only at 53% - unlikely to drop.
    Just keep an eye on him though.

Cole and Shaw will rise tonight.

Just been means he's unavailbale . Same flag as on the Fpl site .
    He should be protected for 8 days when the red flag disappears on Saturday night .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just been means he's unavailbale . Same flag as on the Fpl site .
    He should be protected for 8 days when the red flag disappears on Saturday night .

Why Saturday night? It's a 3 match ban I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

8-10 wrote: »

No. 2 yellows = one match ban.

Even some straight reds aren't 3 match bans eg: keeper sent off for last man tackle. 3 game bans are only for straight red for violent conduct. Taylor of Newcastle will get a 3 match ban for last night.

8-10 wrote: »

Nope . 1 match . A lot of people probably believed it was a 3 match ban . I wouldn't be getting rid of him when he's only suspended for 1 game .

Shaw went up by 0.1.
    However, Cole didn't despite being over 100% on both fiso and totalfpl.

Hernandez at 127% didn't drop in price.

• Advertisement

As I mentioned before you can take those figures as gospel especially in the first week - they usually need 3/4 weeks to get it right

Just reading Fiso this morning & the guys who run CTC say they don't believe Wildcards or New Teams count towards any price changes . I'm not sure I believe that but suppose I better take their word .

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Just reading Fiso this morning & the guys who run CTC say they don't believe Wildcards or New Teams count towards any price changes . I'm not sure I believe that but suppose I better take their word .

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

I can't see why it could have changed this season, if you transfer multiple players in previous to 2 price increases per player, while your wildcard is active,then when you transfer each player out again, you'll make .1 per player.

Invincible wrote: »
    I can't see why it could have changed this season, if you transfer multiple players in previous to 2 price increases per player, while your wildcard is active,then when you transfer each player out again, you'll make .1 per player.

I mean people who are making transfers using there Wildcards & New teams who are only starting now are not counting towards making a player change in price .

Not sure how but you've picked it up incorrectly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

I mean people who are making transfers using there Wildcards & New teams who are only starting now are not counting towards making a player change in price .

Not sure how but you've picked it up incorrectly .

I can see how team's that are entering after GW1 has commenced might not affect price increases but if players use their Wildcards during the international break, their team value will reflect any increases particular player's they've transferred in have accumulated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Invincible wrote: »
    I can see how team's that are entering after GW1 has commenced might not affect price increases but if players use their Wildcards during the international break, their team value will reflect any increases particular player's they've transferred in have accumulated.

Maybe I am getting the wrong end of the stick here but what I think he is saying is that when a manager who is wildcarding makes a transfer it doesn't count towards that players NTI not that they won't gain value from players increasing in price during their WC period.

If that is the case seems a strange decision from FPL and if its to stop people attempting to manipulate price increases then it doesn't stop people from taking hits and then wildcarding at the end of the week to do the same thing.

Barkley could be set to go up 3 times this week after Martinez's comments earlier. Transfers in have been slow in general today but he is 50% to a rise. So probably make it tomorrow, then go up again saturday night after the friday and sat morning transfers in.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Barkley could be set to go up 3 times this week after Martinez's comments earlier. Transfers in have been slow in general today but he is 50% to a rise. So probably make it tomorrow, then go up again saturday night after the friday and sat morning transfers in.

What was Martinez saying earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lukaku will hardly drop tonight?

currently at 85%.

djPSB wrote: »
    Lukaku will hardly drop tonight?

currently at 85%.

Unlikely - but with two points from two games he will definitely drop tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unlikely - but with two points from two games he will definitely drop tomorrow night.

Has to be number 1 choice for the chop,

reckon its Bony or Lambert trying to decide (no players from either team yet) mmmm:confused: or am I missing any under 8m forwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Is totalfpl down?? The only other price change website is fiso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

skippy15 wrote: »
    Has to be number 1 choice for the chop,

reckon its Bony or Lambert trying to decide (no players from either team yet) mmmm:confused: or am I missing any under 8m forwards?

Do you have Dzeko? I'm getting him in for Lukaku. Only got an assist the other night but could have had a hat trick and it looks like he's Pellegrini's first choice with Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lukaku currently -99.9% on FISO. If accurate, he's dropping.

Lukaku currently -99.9% on FISO. If accurate, he's dropping.

yep on -104% on the other site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wellbeck going up in price tonight? Currently showing 104%

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Wellbeck going up in price tonight? Currently showing 104%

He's a natural option for some of the Lukaku owners who don't want to drop to Lambert or RVW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

He's a natural option for some of the Lukaku owners who don't want to drop to Lambert or RVW.

Recent comments on the transfer page is making me rethink though.

Currently a Lukaku and Lambert owner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement