Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price increases and decreases watch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Been very slow this week although Adebayor went up last night. I have a close eye on my transfer for this week - Sagna (90% to a drop) to Azpil (85% to a rise). I assume most people are waiting for the CL fixtures to be over so would expect a flurry of transfers over the next few days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Been very slow this week although Adebayor went up last night. I have a close eye on my transfer for this week - Sagna (90% to a drop) to Azpil (85% to a rise). I assume most people are waiting for the CL fixtures to be over so would expect a flurry of transfers over the next few days.

I'm watching it closely as well - Sagna to Ivan for me.

I'm bringing in Ivan next week, don't have the cash this week. I don't even want to dump Sagna but it's either him, Zabaleta or Yaya that have to go this week. City and Arsenal progressing in the FA Cup has been a massive bad beat for me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm bringing in Ivan next week, don't have the cash this week. I don't even want to dump Sagna but it's either him, Zabaleta or Yaya that have to go this week. City and Arsenal progressing in the FA Cup has been a massive bad beat for me...

Sagna has some delightfully chronic fixtures coming up...

Yeah but I wanted to hold on to him for one more week. Fancy them to keep a CS at home to Sunderland. Hoping now that I'm getting rid of him that he fails at the weekend.

Ideal scenario would be Mertesacker getting injured tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Value aside, I can't see why anyone would get rid of Sagna for a Chelsea player this week. Much better chance for a clean sheet for Arsenal and you can just bank the transfer in anticipation of the dreaded GW29.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Value aside, I can't see why anyone would get rid of Sagna for a Chelsea player this week. Much better chance for a clean sheet for Arsenal and you can just bank the transfer in anticipation of the dreaded GW29.

exactly I certainly wouldnt take him out this week although I think rory c has 2 transfers so has to make one transfer. I also think some people are getting in their gw 29 players too early lots could happen with these players they could be dropped, injured, suspended before gw 29. The best thing to do is bank your transfer this week as we still dont know when the games are being refixed or make the one transfer, but I think its madness in most cases to take a points hit this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

exactly I certainly wouldnt take him out this week although I think rory c has 2 transfers so has to make one transfer. I also think some people are getting in their gw 29 players too early lots could happen with these players they could be dropped, injured, suspended before gw 29. The best thing to do is bank your transfer this week as we still dont know when the games are being refixed or make the one transfer, but I think its madness in most cases to take a points hit this week.

Banking is exactly what I'm doing. And I won't be using my transfer until Friday week either.

Chelsea, for example, have 180 minutes of football between now and GW28 where players could pick up injuries or suspensions.

exactly I certainly wouldnt take him out this week although I think rory c has 2 transfers so has to make one transfer.

Yep, exactly above. I have two FT's this week and have 4 transfers that are needed before GW29 just to field 10 players. Unfortunately I got shafted by the FA Cup results, with City, Arsenal and Everton all winning. Worst case scenario which has decimated my team and forced me into taking out either Sagna, Mert, Zabaleta or Yaya out this week. I think Sagna is the correct choice, and it limits my exposure on Arsenal conceding. Fairly easy decision based on circumstances. If Azpil gets injured then my rival is in the same boat so not too worried.

Yep, exactly above. I have two FT's this week and have 4 transfers that are needed before GW29 just to field 10 players. Unfortunately I got shafted by the FA Cup results, with City, Arsenal and Everton all winning. Worst case scenario which has decimated my team and forced me into taking out either Sagna, Mert, Zabaleta or Yaya out this week. I think Sagna is the correct choice, and it limits my exposure on Arsenal conceding. Fairly easy decision based on circumstances. If Azpil gets injured then my rival is in the same boat so not too worried.
    Fair enough I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nolan going up tonight. Adebayor yellow flagged:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ade should be fine. Just an excuse Sherwood made not to not to take him abroad.

Ade should be fine. Just an excuse Sherwood made not to not to take him abroad.

Noticed later that few players are now yellow flagged, including Lloris. Thanks for explanation.

Looks like the 2 players i considered as a part of my plan are rising tonight:mad:
    Adebayor, Paulinho, Sturridge, Chamberlain, Lallana and Ivanowic going up.

I can't risk any players to pick up an injury before next gameweek so will have to wait and spend an extra 0.2:mad:

Suarez dropping in price tonight. The world is absolutely nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Suarez dropping in price tonight. The world is absolutely nuts.

I reckon he'll drop 0.4-0.5 over the next few weeks due to form and missing GW

PARlance wrote: »
    I reckon he'll drop 0.4-0.5 over the next few weeks due to form and missing GW

Those who do it need to be heavily laughed at unless they only got him in recently, in which case they still need to be laughed at also

Sturridge and Suarez are must haves at this stage. With Aguero soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Those who do it need to be heavily laughed at unless they only got him in recently, in which case they still need to be laughed at also

Rumour has it Suarez pulled a hammy after the match today, any truth? Only heard it in the pub so dunno how reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ormus wrote: »
    Rumour has it Suarez pulled a hammy after the match today, any truth? Only heard it in the pub so dunno how reliable.

Doesn't appear there is any truth in it. Nothing on Twitter anyway and you'd expect it to have broken on there by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nobodies gonna stop you laughing.

PARlance wrote: »
    Nobodies gonna stop you laughing.

I won't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

People falling over themselves to get Nolan in before Hull play Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Devia wrote: »
    People falling over themselves to get Nolan in before Hull play Brighton.

The top 4 transfered in players when I looked at it last night either had no game in 2 weeks or potentially no game depending on Hull Brighton.

Yep, Nolan goes up tonight. For the love of Jebus don't reward casual players again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Yep, Nolan goes up tonight. For the love of Jebus don't reward casual players again!

This season is the season of the casual player. As such i expect Brighton to win tonight even though i wanted to get Nolan in last week but waited as a responsible FPL player!

Saying that if Brighton wins, Nolan is going straight in my team for Yaya tonight before any more price rises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

What's the connection with Brighton and Nolan? It's Monday and I'm barely alive in my defence if it's really obvious

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    What's the connection with Brighton and Nolan? It's Monday and I'm barely alive in my defence if it's really obvious

Hull-Brighton rematch in FA Cup. If Hull wins Nolan have blank in GW29.
    Half of the teams have anyway.

zarquon wrote: »
    This season is the season of the casual player. As such i expect Brighton to win tonight even though i wanted to get Nolan in last week but waited as a responsible FPL player!

Saying that if Brighton wins, Nolan is going straight in my team for Yaya tonight before any more price rises.

Yeah I'm the same. It's annoying that my rival took an early punt on him without even knowing that he could miss out due to tonight's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

zarquon wrote: »

Think it was the same last year. The chaos going from GW28-31 and maybe beyond with all these postponed games to be rescheduled is magnifying this effect.

To me, this is more due to the change in price changes policies from last year. There is not anymore a doubling and trebling of the target NTI for a player to rise a second and third time in a GW. So, many people get tempted to follow bandwagons much quicker than they should and than they were. For example look at the amount of players who rose 3 times in a GW this year!

On the other hand, red flagged players don't seem to drop as fast as they (can) rise (maybe the 2.5 times NTO increase weighting factor still applies).

To make it short, this new price change system favours the quick rises and to a lesser extent drops. I remember I pointed out that problem when I realised that. Was afraid it would turn the game into a "who's the best to adapt to the most efficient bandwagons" instead of "who's the best to build up a performing team". I think this game should be around 70-30 in favour of my latter proposition. I feel this year we are more looking at a 50-50 or even 40-60 ratio...

Nolan, Sturridge, Adrian and Davies all going up tonight. None of them plays in GW29. Looks like people are getting ready for the DGW rather thank the blank one:D
    Rodriguez:confused:, Navas, Johnson (SUN) and Negredo going down. Surprised people got rid of Rodriguez now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

wonski wrote: »
    Nolan, Sturridge, Adrian and Davies all going up tonight. None of them plays in GW29. Looks like people are getting ready for the DGW rather thank the blank one:D
    Rodriguez:confused:, Navas, Johnson (SUN) and Negredo going down. Surprised people got rid of Rodriguez now.

Me too. My team is getting decimated on value, 0.6 in a little over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

How much do people think Yaya will drop over the next couple of weeks (he's at -64.5% now)? I've had him since August so would rather not sell him for only 9.4m but it's either him or Mata to Ince to free up funds. I'm thinking of getting rid of Yaya now and then playing it by ear to get him back for either Mata or Hazard before DGWs.

You have to lose Yaya. No game for 2 weeks and Aguero will take points off him when hes back (pens etc)

You have to lose Yaya. No game for 2 weeks and Aguero will take points off him when hes back (pens etc)
    3 DGWs to come. Where you can find alternative players to get rid of and still be as strong for the next 2 GWs you should do.

At the moment, my 2 transfers for the week are Ince and Azpilicueta in for Gnabry and Wes Brown. Still getting rid of 2 players who won't have games this weekend, still bringing in 2 players who will have games in GW 29, one of whom will have a DGW to come in the future too. But I get to keep Toure for those 3 DGWs and don't have to worry about transferring in any other City player than Aguero when those GWs come around.

3 DGWs to come. Where you can find alternative players to get rid of and still be as strong for the next 2 GWs you should do.

At the moment, my 2 transfers for the week are Ince and Azpilicueta in for Gnabry and Wes Brown. Still getting rid of 2 players who won't have games this weekend, still bringing in 2 players who will have games in GW 29, one of whom will have a DGW to come in the future too. But I get to keep Toure for those 3 DGWs and don't have to worry about transferring in any other City player than Aguero when those GWs come around.

Hey if you can figure out a way to work it conrats. I wouldn't dream of having £10m sitting on my bench for 2 weeks and coming back at a time when he's likely to be less valuable due to Aguero's return. I aim to have Aguero and Kompany for the DGW's.

Hey if you can figure out a way to work it conrats. I wouldn't dream of having £10m sitting on my bench for 2 weeks and coming back at a time when he's likely to be less valuable due to Aguero's return. I aim to have Aguero and Kompany for the DGW's.

Normally I agree, but with so many teams without games there aren't many ways to use that 10 mill for the 2 weeks without signing players I won't want going forward.

Yaya could drop tonight - was hoping I could hold off until tomorrow but will likely have to do it later. Terry looking at rising too, forces my hand on those two transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yaya could drop tonight - was hoping I could hold off until tomorrow but will likely have to do it later. Terry looking at rising too, forces my hand on those two transfers.

Yaya will drop tonight, currently at 110%, actully hope he does, and drops again for GW30. Its my plan to sell him, and buy him back for then. Weather I seel him tonight or tomorrow, I wont be at a loss.

Seems to be quite a bit of movement today, both Terry and Ade near a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Yaya will drop tonight, currently at 110%, actully hope he does, and drops again for GW30. Its my plan to sell him, and buy him back for then. Weather I seel him tonight or tomorrow, I wont be at a loss.

Seems to be quite a bit of movement today, both Terry and Ade near a rise.

And ade currently playing ......imagine if he picks up an injury

Lads Yaya is going down tonight, if you're getting him out now the ****, before you go and drive him to another drop tomorrow/Saturday!!!

• Advertisement

Lads Yaya is going down tonight, if you're getting him out now the ****, before you go and drive him to another drop tomorrow/Saturday!!!

Or if this drop does not affect your selling price wait till tomorrow and make it cheaper to buy him back by ensuring a few more price drops ;)

km79 wrote: »
    Or if this drop does not affect your selling price wait till tomorrow and make it cheaper to buy him back by ensuring a few more price drops ;)
    I'm keeping him forever and ever.

I'm keeping him forever and ever.

And I'm getting him in 😉

Yaya price goes down?
    Yay:D

The only problem I have is that I waste one of the tranfers to bring in City player for another City player (Silva). Not sure if i want to do that.
    Decisions, decisions... What are the odds for Yaya scoring 4 points more than Yaya in the DGW?
    The other option is to bring Yaya in for Hazard just before the DGW, would you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

What are the odds for Yaya scoring 4 points more than Yaya in the DGW?

Very very long odds I'd say :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

... What are the odds for Yaya scoring 4 points more than Yaya in the DGW?

Aj Jesus. Don't tell me there's two of them now...

Maybe he meant Sanoga!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

a lot of movement tonight on city and united players if anyone is tight on money and unsure.

dropping tonight - kolorov - silva - mata - rooney - negredo - dzeko - yaya - navas - nastasic

most notably going up in price tonight - sturridge - hazaed - nolan - adebayor - adam

great use of bold font if i do say so myself, i was going to underline it too but didn't wanna go too wild on a friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

A few hundred people are already transferring in Aguero :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i bet they think he'll be a great choice against sunderland and the penny will drop for them sometime sunday afternoon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seriously?

Advertisement