Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price increases and decreases watch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm going with Giroud this week, but might swap him out for Lukaku the following week, and get Ozil into my midfield. Not convinced that Giroud's form will last.

Why do you think that? I can only see Wallcott & Giroud improving to be honest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'm going with Giroud this week, but might swap him out for Lukaku the following week, and get Ozil into my midfield. Not convinced that Giroud's form will last.

I'm not a Giroud fan by any means but I think he's primed for a 20+goal season in all comps.....and 15-20 in the Prem.

Soldado has the higher rep which is fair as he's been scoring in Spain for a while but I think Giroud will at least match him over the season....and is better value at 8.7 or whatever he currently is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Danger781 wrote: »
    Why do you think that? I can only see Wallcott & Giroud improving to be honest :o

Walcott has yet to hit form but I'd agree that he's likely to improve.

Before the season started, Giroud wouldn't have even been a consideration for me. He was shocking at times last year, and I'm not convinced that this up-swing in form is permanent, or if he'll revert to his previous self (11 league goals last year), particularly as none of Sunderland, Stoke or Swansea look particularly solid at the back this year.

The big plus in his favour is that the team will create chances, and he's the main striker at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Santi101 wrote: »
    Pablo Hernandez continues to get transferred in - already risen 0.1 and half way to another.

I want to get him I think he'll do great over the course of the season. I had a few drafts at the start that had him, but due to Swanseas tough start, I didn't go with him. But now I think I'll downgrade one of my expensive mids for him. The only thing holding me back is that Swanseas next 3 games aren't great: 2 toughies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Walcott has yet to hit form but I'd agree that he's likely to improve.

Before the season started, Giroud wouldn't have even been a consideration for me. He was shocking at times last year, and I'm not convinced that this up-swing in form is permanent, or if he'll revert to his previous self (11 league goals last year), particularly as none of Sunderland, Stoke or Swansea look particularly solid at the back this year.

The big plus in his favour is that the team will create chances, and he's the main striker at the club.

i was thinking similar but Arsenal seem to have more than sufficent cover in midfield in the form of Walcott/Ozil whereas for Spurs there are too many alternatives in midfield while Soldado is the only striker there too. Lamela may be a more regular fixture than most in the spurs midfield.

Same goes for Chelsea, id imagine Etoo will start most games for Chelsea however he may be rotated for Torres when playing some cannon fodder that could limit his impact.

At the moment im looking at 3 from Benteke, Soldado, Sturridge, Giroud and Lukaku.

Cant find a good team combo if I pick RVP:mad:

slingerz wrote: »
    i was thinking similar but Arsenal seem to have more than sufficent cover in midfield in the form of Walcott/Ozil whereas for Spurs there are too many alternatives in midfield while Soldado is the only striker there too. Lamela may be a more regular fixture than most in the spurs midfield.

Same goes for Chelsea, id imagine Etoo will start most games for Chelsea however he may be rotated for Torres when playing some cannon fodder that could limit his impact.

At the moment im looking at 3 from Benteke, Soldado, Sturridge, Giroud and Lukaku.

Cant find a good team combo if I pick RVP:mad:

Who would you go with out of Sturridge and Giroud? I need to pick one! I have both Walcott and Coutinho (but will probably dump Coutinho this week).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Who would you go with out of Sturridge and Giroud? I need to pick one! I have both Walcott and Coutinho (but will probably dump Coutinho this week).

I'd go with Sturridge and Walcott and dump Coutinho.

Sturridge has been living on scraps and scoring. When Suarez comes back, I think he will get more chances if anything.

Lemlin wrote: »

Sturridge has been living on scraps and scoring. When Suarez comes back, I think he will get more chances if anything.

As Lemlin says above.

As Lemlin says above.

Thanks lads. That's exactly what I was thinking Lemlin. Was just trying to weigh up all the options!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I currently have Giroud & Walcott, who goes to make room for Ozil or will Ozil assist the assist in his 1st year like Silva did?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Absentee Landlord

Dempsey wrote: »
    I currently have Giroud & Walcott, who goes to make room for Ozil or will Ozil assist the assist in his 1st year like Silva did?

I'd personally keep Giroud and Walcott and wait to see how Fish Eyes settles

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

I'd personally keep Giroud and Walcott and wait to see how Fish Eyes settles

That's what I'm doing. Ozil will make Walcott more of a goal threat than anything else I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mata looks to be falling to 9.9 tonight. Hopefully he'll be benched for a few more weeks as over 200k still own him. Slowly but surely he could become an option for us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

collins finally went up I thought it was never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

collins finally went up I thought it was never going to happen.

do you reckon he will go up another 100k?

do you reckon he will go up another 100k?

not a hope he barely got over the line with this price rise he was stuck on 100 % for days on total fpl. Im not too bothered as I plan to keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Even with all his price increases I think Ross Barkley is still good value & a cheap midfield option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PktHornet

Santi101 wrote: »
    Just a feeling.

2 games for Germany followed by 3 in 8 days for Arsenal....... Sunderland away, Marseille away, Stoke home. IMO if he didn't start any of those 3 games, it would be Sunderland.

I'm not rushing to get Ozil in anyway.....not easy to hit the ground running in England but if he does, I have Theo and Giroud for the upcoming games who you would expect to benefit the most from Ozil's quality.

If you wait, will he not increase in price fast due to not being price-protected anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Even with all his price increases I think Ross Barkley is still good value & a cheap midfield option.
    Even though they got barry and mccarthy in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hopefully coleman will go up another 100k. i plan on selling him, and that extra 100k might prove useful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Looks like Hernandez could be going up again, currently at 75.3%

dakid wrote: »
    Even though they got barry and mccarthy in?

Barkley is playing behind the striker. I can't see Barry or McCarthy playing there.

One of Barry/McCarthy will be to replace Fellaini anyway. Where the other will go I'm not sure.

Barkley is the darling of the English media at the minute so I think he may continue playing.

Barkley is playing behind the striker. I can't see Barry or McCarthy playing there.

One of Barry/McCarthy will be to replace Fellaini anyway. Where the other will go I'm not sure.

Barkley is the darling of the English media at the minute so I think he may continue playing.

I think Barry and mccarthy will both play. Id expect everton to line up something like this
    Barry Mccarthy
    Mirallas barkley Piennar
    lukaku
    That leaves gibson osman kone and jelavic out of the team. Osman is a very good player IMO and I can see him taking one of the 3 advanced midfield positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think Barry and mccarthy will both play. Id expect everton to line up something like this
    Barry Mccarthy
    Mirallas barkley Piennar
    lukaku
    That leaves gibson osman kone and jelavic out of the team. Osman is a very good player IMO and I can see him taking one of the 3 advanced midfield positions.

I think they will go more of a 4-3-3, Barkley won't be a regular IMO although he will get gametime. There's a lot of hype about him at the minute but he's just not ready or good enough at the present moment to play week in, week out for a side that will be aiming for that last Europa League spot.

Howard

Coleman Distin Jagielka Baines

Osman Barry McCarthy

Mirallas
    Piennar

Lukaku

That would be my guess. Mirallas and Piennar to drop back when they don't have possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paully D wrote: »
    I think they will go more of a 4-3-3, Barkley won't be a regular IMO although he will get gametime. There's a lot of hype about him at the minute but he's just not ready or good enough at the present moment to play week in, week out for a side that will be aiming for that last Europa League spot.

Howard

Coleman Distin Jagielka Baines

Osman Barry McCarthy

Mirallas
    Piennar

Lukaku

That would be my guess. Mirallas and Piennar to drop back when they don't have possession.

Barkley being the "next big thing" and Martinez coming under some early pressure will ensure that Barkley will be a fixture for the next while at least.

He likes his 3-4-3 with wing backs.
    I could see him going with Barry floating around the CB's... Not sure he'd put him as sweeper but he played that style with Wigan.
    I think Barkely is a bit untouchable unless Martinez wants to take a gamble on his job, this is the team I'd say he'll go with.
    Distin-Barry-Jag
    Colman-Osman-Pienaar-Baines
    ----Mirallas-Lukaku-Barkely

No keeper ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Doesn't look like anyone is rising tonight. Sturridge was closest on 96% but he had around 500 transfers out today so hasn't made it yet.

Giroud, Hernandez, Coleman and Yaya Toure continue to see consistent purchases as the days progress and all should rise again before gameweek 4. Dawson, Ben Arfa and Ward-Prowse are close to rising by £0.1m too.

On the other end of the scale, Mertesacker is over 92% of the way to a drop so he will more than likely be £5.4m soon. Good news for those that want Arsenal defensive coverage and to make use of the bonus point system favouring top centre backs. Navas will hit £8.9m tomorrow, and Joe Cole will drop down to £5.6m over the next couple of days. Mirallas is 90% of the way to a drop so for those that are getting rid of him and want to make use of his full price, keep a close eye on that one. I've only had a brief look further down the chart, but Kompany should drop to £6.3m before gameweek 4 so may be one that will tempt at that price as he comes back to full fitness. He will be a bonus point magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

sturridge confirmed out of the ukraine game so likley to halt his progress now, hopefully he'll be announced fit in time to play at the weekend in order to push him over the .2 increase, he's the only 1 of the strikers i brought in specifically for a point rise, i brought in giroud too but plan on keeping him.

if mert drops in price it would be great alright. would much prefer him to kos.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

I think Barry and McCarthy will both play and this will free up Osman to play in attacking midfield role. Whatever decision he makes with regards to Barkley I don't think any manager wort his salt would even take the fact he is the darling of the English media into consideration. Wenger with Chamberlain the season before last and Rodgers with Sterling last season didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PktHornet

With Pab Zab up and Kompany coming down to 6.3 there's a nice little choice coming up for game week 4. Who do we think is more of a seaon-keeper / bonus points magnet?

dakid wrote: »
    I think Barry and McCarthy will both play and this will free up Osman to play in attacking midfield role. Whatever decision he makes with regards to Barkley I don't think any manager wort his salt would even take the fact he is the darling of the English media into consideration. Wenger with Chamberlain the season before last and Rodgers with Sterling last season didn't.

My point was that Barkley's performances will be overstated. For example, read this:

"But the classy Barkley caught the eye for the Toffees, finding space with impressive ease and linking up brilliantly with his more experienced colleagues".

• Advertisement

PktHornet wrote: »
    With Pab Zab up and Kompany coming down to 6.3 there's a nice little choice coming up for game week 4. Who do we think is more of a seaon-keeper / bonus points magnet?

Was just thinking that - Kompany down to 6.4 and very close to 6.3 and could potentially drop again depending how much longer he is going to be injured for. However, Zab seems to have stagnated for the moment as he is only ~8% on the way to a rise according to TotalFPL. Seems like he is stuck on 6.3 for the moment, so unless you have spare change Zabaleta will be the main man for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Bit of a novice when it comes to Fantasy PL. I see Collins is up at 4.6m now, Giroud and Yaya at 8.8 etc. That hasn't carried over to my squad. When do those price rises apply?

Screen_Shot_2013_09_09_at_10_07_34.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They need to rise again for you to make anything off of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Bit of a novice when it comes to Fantasy PL. I see Collins is up at 4.6m now, Giroud and Yaya at 8.8 etc. That hasn't carried over to my squad. When do those price rises apply?

Screen_Shot_2013_09_09_at_10_07_34.png

For every .2 a player goes up in value, you will get an increase of .1

If you had Coleman from the start, he was valued at 5m, he's now 5.4m, so he's valued at 5.2 on your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The way it works is a little unfair and can confuse:

You only get the value of 50% percent of rises.
    i.e You bought Coleman at 5.0 mill, he is now at 5.4, however if you were to sell him you would only get half the rise. That's why he's 5.2 on your team.
    (If you had a change of heart in 2 weeks, and he was still at 5.4, then you'd have to pay that for him)

On the Reduction side: If you bought another player at 5.0 and his price fell to 4.6...then you'd lose the full 0.4 difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    The way it works is a little unfair and can confuse:

You only get the value of 50% percent of rises.
    i.e You bought Coleman at 5.0 mill, he is now at 5.4, however if you were to sell him you would only get half the rise. That's why he's 5.2 on your team.
    (If you had a change of heart in 2 weeks, and he was still at 5.4, then you'd have to pay that for him)

On the Reduction side: If you bought another player at 5.0 and his price fell to 4.6...then you'd lose the full 0.4 difference.

Really? Where's the logic in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Really? Where's the logic in that?

I would guess it's to stop people from really trading their way to a ridiculous team, most expensive team at this stage from people who only play for increase is 103.9, if they were getting full value there would be teams wildcarding with 130m or so in January.

bohsman wrote: »
    I would guess it's to stop people from really trading their way to a ridiculous team, most expensive team at this stage from people who only play for increase is 103.9, if they were getting full value there would be teams wildcarding with 130m or so in January.

isnt that a skill in itself though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Not really, all it takes is to look at one of the price change websites every evening. These guys don't really play for points and decimate their score in order to build value by taking hits.

If observing this page is a skill then my C.V. is no longer empty :pac:

http://development.totalfpl.com/pricechanges

• Advertisement

Mirallas seems to be on the way to a drop.. TotalFPL have at 94.5%.. Not even gonna mention what FISO have him at :rolleyes:

Mertesacker also getting close.. 92.3% of the way to a drop

Schneiderlin isn't far behind him at 91.5% of the way..

---

On the rising side..

Pablo Hernandez looks good for a rise again.. He's 88.5% and seems to have some steady momentum..

Sturridge is just off his rise but he seems to be dropping down to normal again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's going to be nip and tuck for him.

it's going to depend on what news comes from Liverpool on his condition, and/or how the masses who do their transfers late in the week see his probability for Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mirallas seems to be on the way to a drop.. TotalFPL have at 94.5%.. Not even gonna mention what FISO have him at :rolleyes:

Mertesacker also getting close.. 92.3% of the way to a drop

Schneiderlin isn't far behind him at 91.5% of the way..

---

On the rising side..

Pablo Hernandez looks good for a rise again.. He's 88.5% and seems to have some steady momentum..

Mertesacker is absolutely crawling towards a drop and, given it makes little sense to sell given Arsenal's fixtures, I suspect he won't drop at all.

Yaya is the other guy with upward momentum.

David Luiz looks like he could be on the way to a drop.. Almost at 85% now with about 80 transfers out today.. If that continues he'll start to look more appealing

Michu looks like he is on the way as well.. 80% with over 300 transfers out..

Pablo Hernandez looking more and more likely for a rise.. When I mentioned him this morning he had a couple hundred transfers in.. Now he's verging on 1200..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Noticed Kompany has dropped to 6.3. Absolute bargain once he is fit.

I can't believe that Ivanovic is owned by over 900,000 people and is over 60% to a rise

I can't believe that Ivanovic is owned by over 900,000 people and is over 60% to a rise

In fairness, he's a goal scoring defender in the team with the best defence in the league.

He and Cole are sure of their place compared to the centre halves too.

Mirallas is almost certain to drop at this stage.. 98% with almost 100 transfers out today already..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mirallas is almost certain to drop at this stage.. 98% with almost 100 transfers out today already..

If you have him don't let it bother you, people are impatient, Mirallas will be value this year as long as he plays, he's been damn unlucky not to have scored yet but I'm going to give him time, particularly in the absence of what I would consider a decent alternative, in fact you could look on it as a bonus as it means less people will own him when he scores twice next week(away to west ham). I think he will comfortably outscore the likes of Nolan, Ben Arfa, Chadli etc. I watched Sturridge lose 1 million in value towards the end of last year before he came good for me in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

If you have him don't let it bother you, people are impatient, Mirallas will be value this year as long as he plays, he's been damn unlucky not to have scored yet but I'm going to give him time, particularly in the absence of what I would consider a decent alternative, I think he will comfortably outscore the likes of Nolan, Ben Arfa, Chadli etc. I watched Sturridge lose 1 million in value towards the end of last year before he came good for me in the last few weeks.

I don't have Miralles but agree there is nothing wrong with having him. His stats are good and takes a position a bit like Wallcot with Arsenal, very advanced on the right of the attack. I would find it extremely frustrating though that he has been subbed by Naismith twice ~ 70 mins. Wtf? surely this won't last....

Re Everton in general, their fixtures are tough, watch out for xmas though GW16-GW22, what a fantastic run, 3 everton players here methinks...

Advertisement