Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price increases and decreases watch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

If you have him don't let it bother you, people are impatient, Mirallas will be value this year as long as he plays, he's been damn unlucky not to have scored yet but I'm going to give him time, particularly in the absence of what I would consider a decent alternative, in fact you could look on it as a bonus as it means less people will own him when he scores twice next week(away to west ham). I think he will comfortably outscore the likes of Nolan, Ben Arfa, Chadli etc. I watched Sturridge lose 1 million in value towards the end of last year before he came good for me in the last few weeks.

I'm looking at getting him on in the next 3-4 GWs actually. Ideally I want Nani in there, but in the absence of game time I can't see him being played for a full game for another couple weeks. I was looking at Nolan, but West ham don't have the attacking threat that I'd like to see from my midfield. I feel the same about Newcastle so that's Ben Arfa out as well unless I need to save money with him being the cheapest of my possibilities. That leaves Chadli and Mirallas. With Everton against Chelsea next week I don't see Mirallas doing much, so Chadli it is for now. Although I haven't completely ruled out Nolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting him on in the next 3-4 GWs actually. Ideally I want Nani in there, but in the absence of game time I can't see him being played for a full game for another couple weeks. I was looking at Nolan, but West ham don't have the attacking threat that I'd like to see from my midfield. I feel the same about Newcastle so that's Ben Arfa out as well unless I need to save money with him being the cheapest of my possibilities. That leaves Chadli and Mirallas. With Everton against Chelsea next week I don't see Mirallas doing much, so Chadli it is for now. Although I haven't completely ruled out Nolan.

I had Nolan on the provision that I was expecting Carroll back soon enough. Now that Carroll is gone long term my plan is to downgrade Nolan to someone cheaper like Redmond off Norwich and upgrade Shaw in defence.

I think the worry for West Ham now is that Allardyce was buying players (Downing, Jarvis) with the plan being to use Andy Carroll as their target man and base play around him.

Now that he's out they're off to plan B. I think they'll be good for cheap defenders now but no good for attackers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    I had Nolan on the provision that I was expecting Carroll back soon enough. Now that Carroll is gone long term my plan is to downgrade Nolan to someone cheaper like Redmond off Norwich and upgrade Shaw in defence.

I think the worry for West Ham now is that Allardyce was buying players (Downing, Jarvis) with the plan being to use Andy Carroll as their target man and base play around him.

Now that he's out they're off to plan B. I think they'll be good for cheap defenders now but no good for attackers.

We don't have a plan B. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Miralas down, Ivanovic stay at 6.5 and Hernandez and Sturridge up so I can set my team please.

F1ngers wrote: »
    We don't have a plan B. :(

That's my point. Plan B will be to grind out victories Allardyce style, hence defenders will be good value but attacking players not.

As a Blackburn supporter, I'm now sh!ting it Allardyce will be back in for the Lancashire Messi Jordan Rhodes in January. He was keen in the Summer until he got Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a fair few transfers done around the place today.

Hernandez will go up tonight.

Yaya, Lamps, Giroud all rising fast.

Benteke has some momentum too, as do a few others.

interesting times over the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

will mertasaker drop by sat morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

darego wrote: »
    will mertasaker drop by sat morning?

unlikely at the rate he's moving.

sturridge is expected to be fit it said on ssn, so hopefully that'll see his transfer increase and get him over 100% before friday night so i can make .1 on him.

Puncheon close to a drop, just worth keeping an eye on him.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    unlikely at the rate he's moving.

sturridge is expected to be fit it said on ssn, so hopefully that'll see his transfer increase and get him over 100% before friday night so i can make .1 on him.

I don't for a minute believe there was ever a chance he'd miss that game.

Rodgers just didn't want him near international duty and the chance of injury IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Apologies if this has been asked before but I was just wondering, if you have a player who falls .1 then the next week or whenever rises back the .1, do you need .2 for him to get back to his original price or just the .1?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I was just wondering, if you have a player who falls .1 then the next week or whenever rises back the .1, do you need .2 for him to get back to his original price or just the .1?

Nope, just the .1 is my understanding.

I don't for a minute believe there was ever a chance he'd miss that game.

Rodgers just didn't want him near international duty and the chance of injury IMO.

oh I never really doubted he'd miss it either, but we needed confirmation he'd play to reverse the transfers out before Friday night, we need the price increase Friday night, Saturday is no good, unless you plan to keep him.

oh I never really doubted he'd miss it either, but we needed confirmation he'd play to reverse the transfers out before Friday night, we need the price increase Friday night, Saturday is no good, unless you plan to keep him.

I do plan to keep him. I think he'll only get better when Suarez is back, Coutinho moves to the centre and Liverpool are creating more.

Sturridge is living on scraps at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I do plan to keep him. I think he'll only get better when Suarez is back, Coutinho moves to the centre and Liverpool are creating more.

Sturridge is living on scraps at the minute.

Ye if he stays fit should hit 20 league goals. Whats your front 3 at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Anyone recon Michu will drop tonight?
    Thinking of ditching him for Eriksen

Ye if he stays fit should hit 20 league goals. Whats your front 3 at the moment?

yet to finalise my team but if i can afford it my front 3 will be RVP, Giroud and soldado. i'll be leaving scope there for getting in etoo for soldado if etoo looks like a regular.
    will be looking at coutinho alongside walcott as my big 2 midfielders.

can't really fit sturridge in and happy enough with coutinho as liverpool attacking cover.
    unlikely to get the price rise out of him as he's still going the wrong way with transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

if your picking strikers i think if you can get RVP-Sturridge-Lukaku you wont be doing bad at all. I am aware that Lukaku has a blank gameweek this week as they play chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Whats the story with Dzeko. Alot of people moving him on.

Sturridge, Giroud and RVP.

Lads I'm keeping an eye on:

Benteke, Lukaku, Bent, Negredo.

• Advertisement

yet to finalise my team but if i can afford it my front 3 will be RVP, Giroud and soldado. i'll be leaving scope there for getting in etoo for soldado if etoo looks like a regular.
    will be looking at coutinho alongside walcott as my big 2 midfielders.

can't really fit sturridge in and happy enough with coutinho as liverpool attacking cover.
    unlikely to get the price rise out of him as he's still going the wrong way with transfers.
    Hopefully rodgers comes out with something positive about him tomorrow that may get him over the line. I guess rodgers will have to pretend he is still an injury doubt though to keep the media off his back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Whats the story with Dzeko. Alot of people moving him on.

Taken off last two games and Negredo has scored from the bench both times, last time he was replaced at HT, I had him originally but have used the wildcard and now have Negredo.

Taken off last two games and Negredo has scored from the bench both times, last time he was replaced at HT, I had him originally but have used the wildcard and now have Negredo.

Negredo has just looked too good not go get a start soon.

Even if Dzeko starts, you'll just be sitting wondering when he is going to be hauled off.

Im going with rvp bent soldado as planned and will then transfer rvp to sturridge next week. Just cant bring myself to be without rvp this week ( im going to be watching the match and it will be torture not having him knowing the masses have him captained) but took on board your point about too many risks and am going without Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any thoughts if he will drop tonight? -96 on fiso, -89 on totalFPL.

No wildcard, and internet access might be limited after tonight till saturday evening. Also keeping an eye on Silva, and Lambert as also in side.

A physical game away at stoke and the fact that aguero played in argentina midweek may give dzeko a stay of execution this week but the writing is on the wall for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Nice one

I am going with same strikers, also will be watching Rooney carefully when he returns

Im going with rvp bent soldado as planned and will then transfer rvp to sturridge next week. Just cant bring myself to be without rvp this week ( im going to be watching the match and it will be torture not having him knowing the masses have him captained) but took on board your point about too many risks and am going without Nani.

In regard to Soldado, I reckon Norwich will give Spurs a tougher game than people think. Hughton is building a good team there.

I also wouldn't be surprised if RVP doesn't fly out of the traps. I think he will at some stage this season but not sure if it'll be just yet.

Hopefully rodgers comes out with something positive about him tomorrow that may get him over the line. I guess rodgers will have to pretend he is still an injury doubt though to keep the media off his back.

yeah that's the problem, really need him to say that he's fully fit but it'll probably be as you say, "we're hopeful he'll be fit"

I had forgot all about bent until you mentioned him in another post, I had originally planned on going RVP-Bent- Soldado but can't overlook giroud. i'm reluctant to drop soldado either and his price makes him a perfect swap for etoo in a couple of weeks if I wanted to go that route, but it's VERY hard to ignore bent's fixtures either and the 3.0 million could do wonders for my defence or midfield if I put bent in instead of soldado??

then I just had a look at coutinho and he's 50% of the way to a drop, 1 more 3 or less score v a decent Swansea side could see him drop in price, I don't really want to be transferring in a player with a declining price, but at the same time, I kind of want to get the time I want now and not be saying "oh i'll do this and that next week", I tried that at the start of the season and ended up with numerous point hits.
    and this is exactly why I stayed away from my team for the last 2 weeks only checking the price increases. it'd wreck your head with decisions.
    I was happily chasing down terrorists in Baghdad and now I've spent the last hour looking at fixtures and price trends and form and god knows what else while Baghdad remains full of terrorists!

I probably should point out that i'm playing splinter cell:blacklist.

• Advertisement

yeah that's the problem, really need him to say that he's fully fit but it'll probably be as you say, "we're hopeful he'll be fit"

I had forgot all about bent until you mentioned him in another post, I had originally planned on going RVP-Bent- Soldado but can't overlook giroud. i'm reluctant to drop soldado either and his price makes him a perfect swap for etoo in a couple of weeks if I wanted to go that route, but it's VERY hard to ignore bent's fixtures either and the 3.0 million could do wonders for my defence or midfield if I put bent in instead of soldado??

then I just had a look at coutinho and he's 50% of the way to a drop, 1 more 3 or less score v a decent Swansea side could see him drop in price, I don't really want to be transferring in a player with a declining price, but at the same time, I kind of want to get the time I want now and not be saying "oh i'll do this and that next week", I tried that at the start of the season and ended up with numerous point hits.
    and this is exactly why I stayed away from my team for the last 2 weeks only checking the price increases. it'd wreck your head with decisions.
    I was happily chasing down terrorists in Baghdad and now I've spent the last hour looking at fixtures and price trends and form and god knows what else while Baghdad remains full of terrorists!

I probably should point out that i'm playing splinter cell:blacklist.

I presume your talking about computer games there. Having a son put paid to those days for me. Left giroud out myself which was a difficult decision but my thinking was there was a lot of other striking options but not many midfield options I was happy with. Ozil and walcott I felt where the best 2 midfield options and couldnt go with 3 arsenal attacking players so giroud had to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yaya Toure gets his price increase tonight which means I have exactly enough cash to get the complete team I want, with one day to spare. That was my first time using the wildcard to generate extra value and it couldn't have gone any better. :)

Thanks for the help all.

I presume your talking about computer games there. Having a son put paid to those days for me. Left giroud out myself which was a difficult decision but my thinking was there was a lot of other striking options but not many midfield options I was happy with. Ozil and walcott I felt where the best 2 midfield options and couldnt go with 3 arsenal attacking players so giroud had to go.

yep it's a computer game bud. yeah i was reading your thinking behind ozil and walcott the last few days and hard to argue with that logic, i'm struggling to get the 9.0 for coutinho so def wouldn't be able to stretch for ozil, i had said all along i wanted to get coutinho so would prefer the walcott - coutinho - giroud trio rather than walcott - ozil - sturridge as it's cheaper too and with RVP i need all the extra cash i can get. having said that, as i said in my last post, doubts are creeping in about coutinho now over his impending price fall.
    it's down to business today though, i've took a few days off but have some tough calls, there really is a lack of stand out options in midfield, there are some gambles, thinking maybe i could take a punt on nani myself? oh....it's going to be a long 28 hours or so until 11:30 tomorrow :D

yep it's a computer game bud. yeah i was reading your thinking behind ozil and walcott the last few days and hard to argue with that logic, i'm struggling to get the 9.0 for coutinho so def wouldn't be able to stretch for ozil, i had said all along i wanted to get coutinho so would prefer the walcott - coutinho - giroud trio rather than walcott - ozil - sturridge as it's cheaper too and with RVP i need all the extra cash i can get. having said that, as i said in my last post, doubts are creeping in about coutinho now over his impending price fall.
    it's down to business today though, i've took a few days off but have some tough calls, there really is a lack of stand out options in midfield, there are some gambles, thinking maybe i could take a punt on nani myself? oh....it's going to be a long 28 hours or so until 11:30 tomorrow :D

I think I solved the second big midfielder issue, do nothing!! think i'll just leave Oscar there, he's started the season well and there's no one really jumping out at me so might just see how Oscar plays out over the next couple of week and closely monitor coutinho/nani/spurs midfield or just see if anyone makes themselves unpickable for that spot. or am I mad to be going with a Chelsea midfielder giving the abundance of talent they have for that role?

moreau wrote: »
    Nice one

I am going with same strikers, also will be watching Rooney carefully when he returns

I'm thinking the exact same.. Should be an easy enough swap for me.. Downgrade Ozil to Walcott, upgrade Soldado to Rooney

I'm thinking the exact same.. Should be an easy enough swap for me.. Downgrade Ozil to Walcott, upgrade Soldado to Rooney

I was thinking more for RVP to Rooney. If (big if) Rooney becomes nailed for 90 mins in central position and is on song (we all know he can be FF gold, he MOM vs Chelsea, but I am still not sure of his fitness) the RVP->Rooney move could make a load of sense.

Actually as Mr P. pointed out with a nice anecdotal video, RVP may not be as effective for FF with Ronney, as their shot count often ends up quite even. Maybe:rolleyes: Tricky game second guessing RVP, but one has to, on the long term, with that hefty price tag

• Advertisement

moreau wrote: »
    I was thinking more for RVP to Rooney. If (big if) Rooney becomes nailed for 90 mins in central position and is on song (we all know he can be FF gold, he MOM vs Chelsea, but I am still not sure of his fitness) the RVP->Rooney move could make a load of sense.

Actually as Mr P. pointed out with a nice anecdotal video, RVP may not be as effective for FF with Ronney, as their shot count often ends up quite even. Maybe:rolleyes: Tricky game second guessing RVP, but one has to, on the long term, with that hefty price tag

I don't have RVP ;)

I don't have RVP ;)

I was thinking that alright! Rooney could be a nice way for you to access Utd attacking points though as u said;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Fiso seems to have been acting the maggot for the last week or so, it is say a bunch of players are going up in price and then they dont.
    TotalFPL seems to be much more accurate reflection of drops and rises lately

Fiso seems to have been acting the maggot for the last week or so, it is say a bunch of players are going up in price and then they dont.
    TotalFPL seems to be much more accurate reflection of drops and rises lately

It's been that way all season :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

It's been that way all season :o

Only really being looking in the last couple of weeks coz I played my wildcard. Cost me .5m in player price drops though

• Advertisement

Only really being looking in the last couple of weeks coz I played my wildcard. Cost me .5m in player price drops though

I accidentally sold Zabaleta yesterday.. Wanted to keep him until he rose another 0.1 so I could get the 0.2 rise out of him but only got 0.1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Out of interest what players went up 0.2 during the break? As far as I can see only yaya and giroud but I am sure there was others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Weetabix wrote: »
    Out of interest what players went up 0.2 during the break? As far as I can see only yaya and giroud but I am sure there was others.

Hernandez at Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Almost 20,000 transfers IN for Giroud today alone and I'm thinking of getting rid :pac:

I think I solved the second big midfielder issue, do nothing!! think i'll just leave Oscar there, he's started the season well and there's no one really jumping out at me so might just see how Oscar plays out over the next couple of week and closely monitor coutinho/nani/spurs midfield or just see if anyone makes themselves unpickable for that spot. or am I mad to be going with a Chelsea midfielder giving the abundance of talent they have for that role?

oscar could work well for you. Mourinho seems to favour playing him off the front man.With the news on Bent and doubts on Ozil. I could go with giroud now myself. Had my plans sorted back to square one now. Have made a few quid so far hoping coleman goes up tonight to earn me another .1 dont plan on keeping him.
    Just seen that Oscar played for brazil in the states wed morning as did ramires and luiz not sure if this will have an impact on selection.

oscar could work well for you. Mourinho seems to favour playing him off the front man.With the news on Bent and doubts on Ozil. I could go with giroud now myself. Had my plans sorted back to square one now. Have made a few quid so far hoping coleman goes up tonight to earn me another .1 dont plan on keeping him.

My hope is with the players he has behind him Giroud should be fit to score. He's not a bad player but he's just been inconsistent.

The one thing he has going for him is the lack of competition up front at Arsenal.

My hope is with the players he has behind him Giroud should be fit to score. He's not a bad player but he's just been inconsistent.

The one thing he has going for him is the lack of competition up front at Arsenal.

I think Ozil will benefit walcott more than he will benefit giroud. Its passes in behind the full back to a player with pace rather than crosses into the box that Ozil will deliver. Granted Girouds output should also increase as walcott will be squaring some of these chances. Ozil seemed to set up a lot of ronaldos goals at madrid wideman cutting in with pace like walcott.
    Giroud is a great option and as you say has only been improved by ozils arrival he should score more goals than last year and has no competition. With no Bent I dont think Ive the money for Ozil so I'll probably do walcott and giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

what are your thoughts on lamela vs eriksen? Or either? Money is not an issue and am stuck between the 2. also hoping coleman will go up and get me an extra 100k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

what are your thoughts on lamela vs eriksen? Or either? Money is not an issue and am stuck between the 2. also hoping coleman will go up and get me an extra 100k.

I'll probably go for Lamela next week, but he's not nailed on to start this week due to traveling back from international duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement