Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodlark, Ballinteer

Options
  • 18-08-2013 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My husband and myself are are considering buying a house in Woodpark or the surrounding areas. Does anyone have any insight on what it's like to live around there? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frozenbanana

likelylass wrote: »
    My husband and myself are are considering buying a house in Woodpark or the surrounding areas. Does anyone have any insight on what it's like to live around there? Thanks

We bought around there last year. It's good so far, you get kids gathering around the coachhouse and the little shopping centre but they are harmless.

Its a great location. Dundrum sc meaning shopping, eating out, cinema and luas is within walking distance,easy access to m50, plenty of schools and MarlAy park close by.

After living here bit more than a year I would definitely recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

My sister lived in Woodpark for over 10 years, she upgraded to a bigger house not far away about a year ago, never heard her say a bad word about Woodpark. I've driven in and out of the estate dozens of times calling to her and never saw anything that would put me off living there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Not sure of Woodlark exactly but it's a great area. Loads of things nearby and you can get into the city within 20 minutes driving(depending on what time it is), or the luas is nearby. Loads of schools in the area and sports facilites etc are top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Not sure of Woodlark exactly but it's a great area. Loads of things nearby and you can get into the city within 20 minutes driving(depending on what time it is), or the luas is nearby. Loads of schools in the area and sports facilites etc are top notch.

I and the other posters are operating on the basis that the OP is talking about Woodpark which you will see she mentioned in the text of her original (and so far only) post, the thread title is obviously a mistype.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

coylemj wrote: »
    I and the other posters are operating on the basis that the OP is talking about Woodpark which you will see she mentioned in the text of her original (and so far only) post, the thread title is obviously a mistype.

Oh yeah sorry, I don't know Woodpark either though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 likelylass

Yellow121 wrote: »

Apologies for the typo- doh! predictive text!

Also thanks for all the great feedback guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Having lived there for many years I would definitely recommend it. And in addition to all of the benefits mentioned above I would also like to say that the three rock summit is only 1h and 15 minutes walk away (if you are into hill walking). Ballinteer is a great location for hill walking in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Yes, /i live nearby and it's not bad at all. A few rough looking young ones but thats probably just fashion.

Advertisement