Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet recommendations Galway

• 18-08-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in the salthill area of Galway and need a vet for my pet. I've brought her to a local clinic in the past but I am unhappy with the treatment that she received and also felt that the vet was encouraging me to have unnecessary procedures done just to line their pockets.

Can anyone recommend a vet who they feel is genuine, who has the interests of the animal at heart?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

The girls in briar hill are excellent and always go above and beyond the call of duty. Easy on the eye too

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Being new to Galway myself I was looking for vets recently. I brought my fella to Barna vets and couldn't be happier. All the girls there are lovely and quite helpful without being patronising like I've seen with some vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Barna vets are really good, excellent service, lovely staff and they def have the animals best interest at heart. They're cheaper than vets in town too. I rang around for prices on micro-chipping before and they were about 20-25% cheaper than other places.
    Still only a 5min drive from Salthill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I have used Ark in past and found the very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Went to Glenina vets on the Dublin road there couple weeks ago. Really liked the vet and the staff. Prices aren't to bad either. Would defo recommend them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

+ 1 for Briarhill Vets from personal experience.

Heard good things about Ark, Barna and Moycullen clinics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

JillyQ wrote: »
    I have used Ark in past and found the very good

+1 For Ark Vets in Knocknacarra. We've used them for years, find them excellent to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

I have 3 pups and we always use Barna Vets. I would highly recommend them. Saved one of my pups lives once after a nasty attack, the vets and nurses were amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

We've used Glenina vets since our little guy was a puppy. Have had a whole range of procedures done there ranging from check-ups and microchipping to spaying and never had any issues whatsoever, excellent staff / service.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Briarhill Vets all the way. Always go above and beyond for our 2 dogs. Our 15 year old Cocker wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for their care and attention.

• Advertisement
Advertisement