Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas : Water Outage

Options
  • 18-08-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey. Noticed that water was off since 8am, maybe earlier. Still off as of mid day. Anyone know anything about it?

Comments

RangeR wrote: »
    Hey. Noticed that water was off since 8am, maybe earlier. Still off as of mid day. Anyone know anything about it?

Where in Naas? Monread is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sorry, Esmondale. Just up the Kilcullin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

Any updates on this? The water has been gone for 24 hours now. :eek:

Yup. Was speaking to someone in Eurospar [beside Swans]. He heard from one of the staff there that it will be back today. Not sure of when. There is a water tanker at the field in Esmondale.

Would have been nice to get some official notice. Even a one liner on their website.

Jayses. I'm getting onto Joe.

Hope so. I'm dying for a cup of tea and a shower! :P

• Advertisement

I won't be home until tonight so would appreciate it if you could post here when it's back.

As of lunchtime, no sign yet.

I checked the Naas Town Council website yesterday and an hour or two ago and this notice wasn't here, so it must have just been put up. Nearly 30 hours after they knew of the problem. Nice work.

I also rang NTC [just before I saw this] for an ETA to completion. They said they don't have an update at the moment.

There is currently a burst watermain at Kilcullen Road, Naas, Co. Kildare resulting in no water or reduced water pressure in a number of areas in the town. Supply will be off for most of today in order for the repair to be carried out.

No surprise there I suppose. At least we know they're on to it now, that's something. Good on you for getting on to them. How long it takes them to fix it is another thing. Any idea where the burst water main is? Just wondering if it's visible like when the road outside Esmondale exploded there a few months ago!

Dunno. I rarely go up that far.

• Advertisement

Looks like it just came back on. The pressure is a tiny bit lower than normal but hopefully it's back on for good.

Nice one, cheers. It will probably be low pressure for an hour or two. There would be a lot of house tanks to fill.

Yep. The water's also filthy for now. Brown and muddy/gritty. Again, it'll probably take a while for that to wash out. At least it's back though.

Fish Bloke wrote: »
    Yep. The water's also filthy for now. Brown and muddy/gritty. Again, it'll probably take a while for that to wash out. At least it's back though.

Yer arse will know no different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LadyMeowMeow

My water still hasn't come back yet..Anyone else the same?

Mine is back in Esmondale. Albeit a tad cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LadyMeowMeow

We only have the cold water tap in the kitchen. No shower or anything fed from the tank. Think this calls for a rain dance!

We only have the cold water tap in the kitchen. No shower or anything fed from the tank. Think this calls for a rain dance!

If you have cold water in the kitchen, and the pressure is not REALLY bad, it means your tank should be filling. Give it an hour or so, then try a sink upstairs.

Bear in mind, there are a lot of houses that need to replenish their tanks. Pressure may be low for a while.

Advertisement