Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma 2 lag problem

• 18-08-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have been playing dayz for months and and this has only started doing this. I will be running and I will have 60 fps or 70 and then it will drop to 25 for a split second and back up it never used to happen and it is extremely annoying, Can anyone help me out? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Have you been playing the same mod version this entire time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I have been playing dayz for months and and this has only started doing this. I will be running and I will have 60 fps or 70 and then it will drop to 25 for a split second and back up it never used to happen and it is extremely annoying, Can anyone help me out? thanks

could be the server you're on. I found that I get better fps on different servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I have tried loads of servers and I only join ones under 60 ping and different mod types like overwatch and origins I also noticed that texture pop in may have something to do with it

What kind of HDD do you have?

ArmA is nearly constantly streaming data from the hard drive.
    If you can, move the game to a SSD or defrag your HDD. If you have RAM to spare (like 4 - 8 Gig to spare) then maybe a RAMDisk would be an option.

I have 8 gbs of ram but no ssd and I have 500gbs left on my tb hardrive

• Advertisement

I have 8 gbs of ram but no ssd and I have 500gbs left on my tb hardrive

How is the fragmentation?

I am unfamiliar with fragmention how do I check it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Windows 7 should defrag automatically.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

wired connection i get 8mb down

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

wired connection i get 8mb down

Have you done a ping test? Line speed is mostly irrelevant if you're having lag spikes, stability is key.

• Advertisement

My ping stays in and around thirty on a speed test my internet is pretty stable but sometimes it will go up and down but it has been like that since we have had it I didnt have these problems before

Also I don't have this problem playing wasteland

Can anyone help me out

Advertisement