Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The King of the Spiced?

Options
  • 18-08-2013 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I have been drinking Captain Morgan/Morgan Spiced for 7/8 years (whenever it hit the mainstream in Ireland), i have recently tried Sailor Jerry and although it tastes similar to Captains (obviously!) you can tell straight away that it's not the same and is inferior in my opinion. A few weeks ago i tried the Black Dogg Spiced Rum and i personally thought it was far superior than Captain's.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Is there any other spiced rum out there that i should try?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Bacardi Oakheart. I think it's quite nice, better than Captain. Good flavour without being overpowering.

Havana club do a very good one, añejo especiale. It's widely available in most offies and supermarkets. It costs a few euros more than captain Morgan's but its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Havana club do a very good one, añejo especiale. It's widely available in most offies and supermarkets. It costs a few euros more than captain Morgan's but its worth it.

That's not spiced - that's why it's much nicer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That's just an aged rum, but it is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Captain Morgan private stock is the nicest spiced rum i've tried so maybe give that a shot, expensive though.
    I think Sailor Jerry is much nicer than Captain Morgan regular too, its much stronger and aged longer for a more mellow flavour.
    Kraken is also good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Captain Morgan private stock is the nicest spiced rum i've tried so maybe give that a shot, expensive though.
    I think Sailor Jerry is much nicer than Captain Morgan regular too, its much stronger and aged longer for a more mellow flavour.
    Kraken is also good.

Never heard of it, any idea where to get it? Maybe the Celtic Whiskey Shop on Dawson St, Dublin? Kraken's nice as well, cool bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Never heard of it, any idea where to get it? Maybe the Celtic Whiskey Shop on Dawson St, Dublin? Kraken's nice as well, cool bottle.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-6393.aspx

Mate bought a bottle here ^^ Beautiful drink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Sorry i didn't reply earlier, I didn't know Private Stock could be bought here. Nice to know, thanks

Advertisement