Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing an iTunes account

Options
  • 18-08-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

How do I go about closing down my iTunes account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

From what I see, you'll have to get in touch with an Apple representative, get on your knees and beg to have your account cancelled.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

In the same situation as yourself. You can't I have been informed by Apple, so I am just forgetting about it. Was there any iTunes data leak issues lately? I was wanting an old account to be closed as my account was compromised (no payment details on file thankfully)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

yoyo wrote: »
    You can't I have been informed by Apple

So, once you've signed up with this shower it means life in prison, err, the golden cage? Go figure...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Torqay wrote: »
    So, once you've signed up with this shower it means life in prison, err, the golden cage? Go figure...

Essentially that seems to be the gist of it. In fairness I did get a reply from the support and they were friendly, but were totally useless when it came to actually helping.
    Someone used my account to download a free betting app on a old iTunes account I have (that I forgot about) obviously believing it was linked to a credit card, which is wasn't. I wanted the account closed and also to know how it became compromised. They wouldn't tell me that (data leak on their end, secret questions cracked etc.) leaving me to try to figure out how the account became compromised in the first place.
    I do have another iTunes account (a newer one) linked to my Mac machine but this was an older one linked to another email address. I was told I could "leave Feeback" to Apple suggesting to be able to assist with deactivating accounts, finding out how they were accessed but being honest I couldn't be bothered. I just changed the accounts password and will leave it at that.
    Out of interest are there not data protection laws that require companies to remove users details upon request to do so?

Nick

Advertisement