Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters in NUIM. The LLM. Has anyone completed it/doing it?

• 18-08-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm starting my masters in september.

Anyone have any advice about it? Best subjects for example?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

This thread might be of some help. It's the only other thread on an llm which has been posted in the forum. The reply is mine, and I'm not bothered typing it all out again.

What you really want, though, is someone who has just handed in their thesis on the llm. Someone who finished twelve months ago (such as myself, although I did the business llm) won't have had any choice in their modules, and so will have a very different perspective to someone who's only just finished. Afaik, there aren't any of those people on boards (or if there are, they don't post in here much) so it might be worth contacting the department and asking them to put you in contact with a student who's just finished.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I know a good few who have finished the LLM so will try get some info off them for you but tbhI've heard more bad than good about it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maireadng

Hi I ended up doing the masters anyway, just about to begin semester II. How are the people getting on now that completed it, were there success stories among them?

Thanks

Advertisement