Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G&G Raider trouble

• 18-08-2013 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I put in a madbull 6.03 tbb and a new hop up rubber in my Raider a few months back and she was then chronoing at 320fps consistently. However at my last skirmish, she was misfiring and then launching two or three bbs at once with pathetic range. I blamed the bbs I was using (Silent but Deadly - which I'd gotten for free). However, while test firing the gun this morning, she was still misfiring, even though I was using King Arms .25's which have never given me trouble. On my xcortech chrono, it was firing at between 97fps and 139fps. I took out the barrel and checked for blockages but it was clean. The rubber was in place too.

Am I missing something? Or have the new parts put a strain on an older original part which has caused this sudden and dramatic loss in power. I'm guessing an air seal issue, but in the cylinder or the new rubber I don't know.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

I put in a madbull 6.03 tbb and a new hop up rubber in my Raider a few months back and she was then chronoing at 320fps consistently. However at my last skirmish, she was misfiring and then launching two or three bbs at once with pathetic range. I blamed the bbs I was using (Silent but Deadly - which I'd gotten for free). However, while test firing the gun this morning, she was still misfiring, even though I was using King Arms .25's which have never given me trouble. On my xcortech chrono, it was firing at between 97fps and 139fps. I took out the barrel and checked for blockages but it was clean. The rubber was in place too.

Am I missing something? Or have the new parts put a strain on an older original part which has caused this sudden and dramatic loss in power. I'm guessing an air seal issue, but in the cylinder or the new rubber I don't know.

Any ideas??

If your using the original g&g plastic hop up unit then dissassemble it and check for anything that shouldnt be there. Ie. small bits of plastic that might interrupt the bb's path.
    If it seems clean then you could go on to checking the o-rings in the gearbox to make sure that they aren't torn, also check the compression to make sure its up to scratch and that the piston isn't too easy to push in.
    Hope this helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I took the hop up unit apart and checked it and all was well, so I reassembled the gun and the fps was up to 280fps, an improvement but not back to the 320 fps I was averaging when I first installed the tbb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

When first put my tbb into my raider a few weeks back i was getting 315-320 it has since dropped back to 280-290 put new hop up rubber in and no difference. Im putting it down to the o ring in the gearbox needs replacing.I did a small trick i was told about to give life back to the o ring it worked but only for a week.Hope this is of some help. Pm me if u want to try the trick and i'll explain it to u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hi Bren

I'm going to take the gearbox apart and replace the O ring and see if that works. First time I've performed surgery on my gearbox but if you don't try, you won't learn as they say.

Cheers

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Thats exactly it man. Check out u tube it has loads of step by step vids in the v2 gearbox it will help alot. Going to do the same myself in the next few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement