Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st anniversary

• 18-08-2013 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'll be celebrating my first year with the bf next month and i have no idea what to get him as a present for the occasion. Any suggestions would be welcome and thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

In same boat as you. might get more replies on Wedding forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Gatica wrote: »
    In same boat as you. might get more replies on Wedding forum...

For a gift for a boyfriend?

Gifts forum is the right place, but sadly it just doesn't get many replies. Also the questions tend to be a bit vague, what one boyfriend might love another might have no interest in.

smiler_lady150 if you could give a price range and an idea of what he's into you might get some suggestions.

my bad, just saw that it said "bf". I was talking about 1st wedding anniversary.... ah well. I guess I'll stick to the other forum :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

yes i mean for a boyfriend, sorry about that

for a price range i would say up to €50 or thereabouts. He's mad into gaming, computers in general and also likes movies and food, occasionally likes going to the cinema. doesn't like going to the pub much

nah, that was my fault.

In Galway they have a dinner and a movie offer at the G hotel. Is there something similar you could do where you live?
    Or as you suggested a computer game, though you might need to know a bit about the types of games he likes, e.g. first person shooter, RPG, strategy..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

I would just offer him myself.... all wrapped up in a bundle of joy.
    What would be better than meeting me in a hotel room, all wrapped up and ready to eat !!
    And he loved every minute of it.

Gatica wrote: »
    nah, that was my fault.

In Galway they have a dinner and a movie offer at the G hotel. Is there something similar you could do where you live?
    Or as you suggested a computer game, though you might need to know a bit about the types of games he likes, e.g. first person shooter, RPG, strategy..?

That's a nice suggestion, we both live in different towns but we're going away for a couple of days for the occasion to dunagvan, spending it in a fancy hotel. I think the hotel has a restaurant and we might have a meal there.

Regarding the games he plays all sorts but he's best at best person and strategy. Doesn't have any new ones in mind that he particularly wants
    Big Tanya wrote: »
    I would just offer him myself.... all wrapped up in a bundle of joy.
    What would be better than meeting me in a hotel room, all wrapped up and ready to eat !!
    And he loved every minute of it.

hehe;) I was considering giving him a 'show' but i am very shy and have two left feet:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

That's a nice suggestion, we both live in different towns but we're going away for a couple of days for the occasion to dunagvan, spending it in a fancy hotel. I think the hotel has a restaurant and we might have a meal there.

Regarding the games he plays all sorts but he's best at best person and strategy. Doesn't have any new ones in mind that he particularly wants

hehe;) I was considering giving him a 'show' but i am very shy and have two left feet:o

I dont think its you feet he will be interested in... Mind you, you could always wear a pair of slippers. Think it would ruin the moment though.

his present is sorted:):D i made him a little something instead of buying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

his present is sorted:):D i made him a little something instead of buying it

I was just going to say, don't stress about buying something, something made or something that would remind him of when ye met would be spot on. Just spend it together maybe do what ye done 1 year ago.. Or just spend a nice evening chilling..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh and congrats to you/ye

Advertisement