Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms - castletroy/old limerick road direction

• 18-08-2013 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Am looking to re-join a gym...castletroy/old limerick road direction.

Ive been in UL for years (and am kinda tired of it now with regards, grand during the summer, but when all the students are back, its impossible to get parking space/near a piece of gym equipment etc). But the price is good (3 months e125).

Ive also been a member of castleoaks (pool etc, but it was pricey for the gym equipment they have).

Just wondering, am I missing any other gyms to consider/look at?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I use Beefit off the Ballysimon Road.

Beefit is only €59.97 for 3 months so 52% Cheaper than UL at your €125.

No Running Track and no Pool but if you don't use those things then 52% is a great saving, lots of free parking and if you use it during the day then it's nice and quiet. I've used it once after 6pm and it was kind of busy but no waiting for machines.

https://www.beefitgyms.com/join-now/step-1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Eastway fitness club is about 5-7mins drive from UL. €25 a month.

http://www.eastwayfitnessclub.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Castletroy Park Hotel have a gym also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

What kind of equipment do they have in Beefit, do they have a Stairmaster, or Arc trainers, I find these better than cross trainers and steppers which seem to be the standard machines in gyms.

That's what I like about UL gym is the variety of machines available, but like the OP said here it's impossible to get near a machine and parking when the students are back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Eastway fitness club is now closed. It's a shame really, it was a good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Baldie wrote: »
    Eastway fitness club is now closed. It's a shame really, it was a good spot.

Heard they were struggling alright. A pity another limerick business closes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I know what you mean about the castleoaks being a bit sparse but its one of the best gyms i have been a member of simply for the reason that i never had to wait for equipment/space in the pool/parking space.

I miss it - and i have been a memeber in some really fancy/well equipped gyms in my time. I loved being able to see outside when working out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coly5

+1 for Beefit. Has everything bar a pool - similar style to UL gym , except on a smaller scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Coly5 wrote: »
    +1 for Beefit. Has everything bar a pool - similar style to UL gym , except on a smaller scale.

Im in this gym also, its fine, great value for money, one small problem is if you need to do work with free space, up against a wall, eg stretches, there is very little free space available, all taken up with machines....but at 20e a month, cant complain!

Advertisement