Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to the gym

• 18-08-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

tomorrow I've decided I'm going to start back at the gym but I have one concern. I'll give some background to the problem and hopefully I can get some advice.

Back when I was 16 I was very heavy at 16st, I lost weight very quickly over a year in that time on different fad diets and got down to about 12 st, silly I know. I went to college the next year, at 17 and lost even more, my lowest weight was 9.5 st. Fast forward 2 years and I fluctuated between 10 and 12.5st. I'm at the upper side of that now and need to lose about 2 st to be at a healthy weight.

My problem is, I never really toned up properly and I'd like to start working on that. Last time I went to the gym however, I started to get bigger around the chest and thighs but it was more solid. This isn't really what I wanted to achieve as I like tighter fit shirts.

So, goimg back this time, can anyone recommend things to do/not do to avoid this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

tomorrow I've decided I'm going to start back at the gym but I have one concern. I'll give some background to the problem and hopefully I can get some advice.

Back when I was 16 I was very heavy at 16st, I lost weight very quickly over a year in that time on different fad diets and got down to about 12 st, silly I know. I went to college the next year, at 17 and lost even more, my lowest weight was 9.5 st. Fast forward 2 years and I fluctuated between 10 and 12.5st. I'm at the upper side of that now and need to lose about 2 st to be at a healthy weight.

My problem is, I never really toned up properly and I'd like to start working on that. Last time I went to the gym however, I started to get bigger around the chest and thighs but it was more solid. This isn't really what I wanted to achieve as I like tighter fit shirts.

So, goimg back this time, can anyone recommend things to do/not do to avoid this happening?

Do you want to lose bodyfat or build muscle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭nowimtalking

dor843088 wrote: »
    Do you want to lose bodyfat or build muscle ?

Lose body fat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

What exercise do you enjoy doing, are you male or female. Do you want to look muscular or thin, tight shirts look good on either. Last time you went to the gym and started to get bigger what were you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Lose body fat..

Just stay in a small calorie deficit and try to lose 1to 2 lbs a week job done. You can only lose fat or build muscle if you dont want any more muscle then dont lift weights and just do some cardio.

Advertisement