Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty Salon Treatment Times

• 18-08-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Hi - Apologies if Im posting in the wrong place - mods please move if i have.

Ladies just wondering , you know when you go to a salon for a massage/facial or any sort of treatment and just say for example it says on the price list 30 minutes - €30. Do you always get the full 30 minutes or do you always get less. Ive been to a certain salon a few times (only reason ive gone back is because i have had vouchers to use up) and would opt for the 30 minute back massage but ive never got the full 30 mins, it always seems to be between 20 - 25 minutes. Now i have been to some where i do get the full time but its happened a few times that i havent, just wondering if its happened anyone else or have i just been unlucky in where ive been picking.?

sorry for long winded post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mod

Better here, OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would expect the time it said on the price list. I have never actually timed it myself but I do notice the girls setting timers so they appear to be very aware of the time.

If it was a manicure or something and it finished quicker than expected I won't have an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Pythia wrote: »
    I would expect the time it said on the price list. I have never actually timed it myself but I do notice the girls setting timers so they appear to be very aware of the time.

If it was a manicure or something and it finished quicker than expected I won't have an issue.

Its just back massage im talking about , ive only really started to notice it recently, there was 1 place i used to go to all time but on my last few visits i noticed that i wasnt in there for full time, last time i went i actually set my stop watch on my phone from when i was in the room and undressed, it was a couple of mins later when the therapist came in and then once she left i got up straight away and checked the time on my phone and stopwatch was at 24 minutes so i only got roughly 20 mins of a massage but it was advertised at 30. Vouchers are all used up now so wont be going back there again but just wondering it this happens often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I've noticed that too. About this time last year I started going to a new salon in my town, found the girl very good and a bit of a perfectionist, easy to get same day appointments, cheaper than everywhere else, and thorough. Her massages were unreal, she incorporated a lot of movements she had learned in Thailand, and it was the best massage I've ever had. My back was in a pretty bad state with knots, so she recommended a 40 min massage once a week... I noticed then she was getting lazy, I would be getting my 40 mins, then id be getting 35, then 30. I stopped booking in with her each week and then she started advertising a thirty min massage on Facebook for 15 euro. During one of those she suggested a 40 min massage the following week as I had a lot of knots, so booked in for the 40 mins (36 euro) she was 10 mins late into my appointment and I got a 29 minute massage, but was charged 21 euro more than the week before.

Same girl was very good at Hollywood waxing, last two times I went to her, she didn't bother doing it properly underneath, and I had to shave, after dropping 55 euro on a 20 min waxing you'd expect to not have to shave.

Went on a hen in April, part of the package was an hour spa treatment. I chose a 30 min facial and a 30 min back massage. My appointment was 11am, was taken in at 11:20, and was out at 12 on the dot. Was so disappointed, and rang in to complain after the weekend, and the manager of the spa (who did my treatment) said that the reason my treatment was cut short was because the people booked in before me, at 10 (same hen party) were late to their appointment and that's why she was held up. Shrug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If it's on any kind of citydeal or voucher, I would expect lower service. I never buy them as they always seem very half hearted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Pythia wrote: »
    If it's on any kind of citydeal or voucher, I would expect lower service. I never buy them as they always seem very half hearted.

there is one place in paticular that ive got to like recently , their based in town so whenever they have a deal on i always buy it but have to say they are always fantastic and i do get my full time.

Its just recently this salon that i started the post over i started to notice massage times would be getting shorter and shorter. also i would ring up and book a standard back massage and once im there the therapist would always try to talk me into getting an Omega massage instead (same lenght of time but €10 dearer because different oils used) and often became quiet pushy in trying to get me to go for it, i never did, i just didnt know if this was a common thing or of its just done to those that come across as the type of person that will just accecpt it and not complain over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What I think it is, from my own experience, the more familiar they get with you (ie they're sure you're going to keep coming back) the more slack they become.

There's a lot of pressure on a lot of girls to "upsell" too, probably more so if they're on commission. That would really annoy me to be honest

Advertisement