Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers... Confused... Please help...

Options
  • 18-08-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am confused...

My first choice I didn't meet the requirements so I will not get offered....

My second choice was 430 last year...

My 3rd choice was 410 last year...

My problem is I don't really like my second choice (Commerce) but points might not alow an offer.. The 3rd choice is popular enough BIS. What are the chances of getting my 3rd choice..?

Am I making sense? Help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

SO what your saying is you don't want your 2nd choice but really want your 3rd choice? Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

If you get your second you CONNOT EVER get your third in this years offers but if you get your second you may be able to move up to your first in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Well you don't have enough points for Commerce and I can't imagine it going down. BIS will more than likely go up a bit but you should be fine with your points.

You've a good chance of getting BIS I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭johneugene

SO what your saying is you don't want your 2nd choice but really want your 3rd choice? Is that correct?
    Jade. wrote: »
    Well you don't have enough points for Commerce and I can't imagine it going down. BIS will more than likely go up a bit but you should be fine with your points.

You've a good chance of getting BIS I would say.

But do you think it won't have filled up with other people's 1st and 2nd choices?
    If you get your second you CONNOT EVER get your third in this years offers but if you get your second you may be able to move up to your first in the next round.

I mean if I don't have enough points for my 2nd choice

Yes but I might not have enough points anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

johneugene wrote: »
    But do you think it won't have filled up with other people's 1st and 2nd choices?

It doesn't matter where others have it placed on their cao. If you don't have enough points for your 1st and 2nd choice you'll be offered your 3rd choice in round 1 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

Yes but I might not have enough points anyway

If you don't have enough points for your second but enough for your 3rd and theres spaces and you fill the criteria you will get your 3rd pick. I would say it might go up from 410 but only by 5 or 10 points at most so i would say you more than likely have got your 3rd choice

It doesn't matter where others have it placed on their cao. If you don't have enough points for your 1st and 2nd choice you'll be offered your 3rd choice in round 1 tomorrow.

So I would automatically be offered BIS? Sorry I'm very confused. But say BIS had filled with other people's 1st choice rather than mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

So I would automatically be offered BIS? Sorry I'm very confused. But say BIS had filled with other people's 1st choice rather than mine?

If you do not qualify for your first or second choice then in a way they consider your third choice as your first choice(as its the first one you have the requirements for) so you have just as much chance for your third choice as anyone else even who put it first or second.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    If you do not qualify for your first or second choice then in a way they consider your third choice as your first choice(as its the first one you have the requirements for) so you have just as much chance for your third choice as anyone else even who put it first or second.

Ohh I see. Thanks for your help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just to reiterate that Jade is right (and aimz indeed) ...
    It doesn't matter where others have it placed on their cao. If you don't have enough points for your 1st and 2nd choice you'll be offered your 3rd choice (assuming the points for BIS don't take a major unexpected jump) in round 1 tomorrow.

Whether other people have it as their first or second choice has no relevance whatsoever. The points are what count.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The most important book anyone will read in LC year is the CAO handbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

spurious wrote: »
    The most important book anyone will read in LC year is the CAO handbook.
    +1000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

You should make having to read the CAO handbook part of the ToS for the LC forum :pac:

Advertisement