Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Yeah, thought there should have been more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Disjointed, uninspired and distinctly unfamiliar, this was not Barcelona as it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barcelona's hypnotic passing just starting to take shape at the San Mames tonight, a couple of lovely moves at breakneck speed.
    Disjointed, uninspired and distinctly unfamiliar, this was not Barcelona as it should be.

:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It was poor from Barca, but I don't think people should get carried away; they still have 40 points from 15 games.

Their willingness to give the ball away in general though is worrying.

Jernal wrote: »
    :confused:

That was posted moments after a couple of really excellent Barcelona moves, which included back heels from Busquets and Iniesta, and led to a great chance for Neymar. Those were the high points of the game for Barca and after that it all went downhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Missing Valdes, Alves & Messi, its pretty noticeable. Our possession dominance is the same, but our passing quality has regressed. And oue off the ball movement is either too static, or were going for over the top through balls too often.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

1 shot on target from Barca all game apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

That was always going to be a very difficult game. No Messi, Pinto in nets, and playing in San Mames.

From an Atletico Madrid point of view I'm delighted, although there's no doubt that Real Madrid are the big winners this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

1 shot on target from Barca all game apparently.

0 according to some sources

552 passes though

552 passes though

Neymar's shot in the first half was flying in but for a superb save from Iraizoz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jordi Alba is also a big loss to Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Barca's dependence on Messi is starting to hurt them.

Fabregas's form has gone down the tubes in his absence also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

552 passes though

That is shocking .
    From the highlights I saw they were rubbish ,aimless passing going nowhere.

That is shocking .
    From the highlights I saw they were rubbish ,aimless passing going nowhere.

They definitely had at least one shot on target. Which was actually a very good save by the keeper. They were rubbish, by their standards, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

MD1990 wrote: »
    Jordi Alba is also a big loss to Barca

This ^

That back line didn't fill me with confidence before the game. Montoya is average, and his positioning is very very bad.
    Harsh it may seem for some one his age but I believe Jordi Alba and Dani Alves are the two biggest losses atm.
    Adriano isn't as bad as Montoya but when both start together it creates massive gaps for players to run into, and this in turn drags Masch or Pique out of position and allows teams to overload into our box and create chances like we seen against Ajax and last night at San Mames!

Also, its been said for a long time that this cycle was coming to a close. How ever, lets not forget we have had good results against top teams under Tata already. Atletico and Madrid. He hasn't had enough time to leave his stamp on the team and to be honest, he seems a little bit frightened to follow through on some ideas. For example, Xavi in the last two games has been lacking focus. He is lost against teams that cover and tackle well, and even more lost when he is the slowest player on the pitch!! He should not have started last night. It's all well and good in hind-sight but everyone knows how vocal Xavi can be, and as Mr Barca I believe Tata lacks the courage to drop him.. Another example of this, and perhaps showing biased behavior towards his compatriot, is Masch starting ahead of Barta! The young guy has been phenomenal this season and should have, and deserved to start the mid-week game, and/or last night..

Sorry that ended up more long winded that anticipated, mods feel free to move to the Barca thread if you think its best :)

Bartra is arguably the best defender you guys have at the moment. If Tata doesn't play him he could very well leave. Then your defence will be well and truly f**ked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Pepe Mel has been sacked by Betis with Juan Carlos Garrido, formerly of Villarreal favorite to takeover. Some turn around from finishing 7th last year.

Just checking the fixture lists to see what games are on this weekend, I see Barca are a goal behind in the CDL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just checking the fixture lists to see what games are on this weekend, I see Barca are a goal behind in the CDL!

Ended up winning 4-1. It's a 2 legged affair anyway afaik so even if they did lose I doubt it would have mattered much.

Good to hear Dongou getting his debut and a goal to go along with it. Big things expected of him, heard he's a mix of Eto'o and Drogba, whatever that means.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Ended up winning 4-1. It's a 2 legged affair anyway afaik so even if they did lose I doubt it would have mattered much.

Good to hear Dongou getting his debut and a goal to go along with it. Big things expected of him, heard he's a mix of Eto'o and Drogba, whatever that means.

Was it me or did it look like he put on some weight? Msybe he was just wearing extra layers

Its unusual to play Copa del Rey matches at the weekend ,it has a rare weekend schedule in order for the smaller clubs to attract larger crowds over this holiday weekend in Spain.

Its unusual to play Copa del Rey matches at the weekend ,they are normally mid week ,has there been some change made this year ?

Or the authorities finally realised how crappy their fixture lists were. There's even kick off times for games a few weeks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ramos sent off again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

His 18th red if I'm right.

Liability.

Osasuna are a real boogie team for Real.

Lol @ Ramos. Clown.

• Advertisement

Cannot wait for tonights game with Barca and Villareal. Hope the submarine win( and then Atletico win. :D) Eitherway, should be a cracker.

klose wrote: »
    Ramos sent off again :pac:

A headbanger Bill .

18 red cards ,that must be a record ,even Vinnie Jones only manged 12 in his career .

It it just me or is Neymar better at false 9 than Cesc. Cesc turns very slow on the ball giving defensive lines time to reorganise?

That looked a harsh call. :(
    Neymar 1-0. Penalty.

It it just me or is Neymar better at false 9 than Cesc. Cesc turns very slow on the ball giving defensive lines time to reorganise?

Hes so innefective as False 9. He knows it too.

• Advertisement

Great goal.

Harsh on Song. It's the Cesc's role that is really letting them down. Neymar/Alexis seem the better option for that position.

Lovely stuff from Alexis there. Gotta credit Cesc with the supply too.

Cesc isnt a forward ,Neymar is ,and a bloody good one too.

Keep Montoya away from Tata. (And possibly lots of Barca fans!) He's doing that way too often now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

He might not become the megastar Barca are hoping for, we'll see, But Neymar definitely looks like he'll prove to be an excellent signing for them.

This is ridiculous, Getafe vs Barcelona not showing cos of cricket analysis with more cricket coverage on Sky Sports 4 and no red button option to watch the programme that had been advertised. When you pay as much as it costs for Sky Sports you at least expect them to deliver their advertised programming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is ridiculous, Getafe vs Barcelona not showing cos of cricket analysis with more cricket coverage on Sky Sports 4 and no red button option to watch the programme that had been advertised. When you pay as much as it costs for Sky Sports you at least expect them to deliver their advertised programming.

Load of arse tbh

Well done Pedro..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It was a great cricket match though..

Madness to think of letting Pedro go

• Advertisement

Pedro likes being the main man 2-2

Huh?
    It's on Sky Sports 3.

dfx- wrote: »
    It was a great cricket match though..

Madness to think of letting Pedro go

I'd still have him below Neymar / Sanchez.

EDIT :Holy **** Pedro

Martino looks so happy. I'm really liking his appointment

miralize wrote: »
    Martino looks so happy. I'm really liking his appointment

They were saying he's not happy in his job at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Huh?
    It's on Sky Sports 3.

The coverage started late because the South Africa v India test match in Johannesburg ran over.

Yeah I was reading about that. It would be a huge shame and would destabilise the club even more if he were to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

One could understand why. Two losses and fans were calling for his head and shouting crisis.

Just wait till we have Neymar/Messi/Pedro + Sanchez on form. This strike force could be better than the Eto'o/Messi/Henry one yet! And to think Messi is the oldest there :P

dfx- wrote: »
    The coverage started late because the South Africa v India test match in Johannesburg ran over.

Oh, sorry didn't know that. I didn't even know the game was on until I saw this thread. :o

• Advertisement

Martino is doing fine. The true tests are still to come but he's done everything asked of him so far.

Advertisement