Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Ah Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia being screwed by refereeing decisions against Real? I never!

If Valencia can press on this could round up nicely the best day for the club in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Is it just me or is Benzema a complete waste of space in this Real side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Lots of Madrid fans unhappy with his performances. I personally think a move else where could rejuvenate his career. Has bucket loads of potential but looks a little lost at Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Lots of Madrid fans unhappy with his performances. I personally think a move else where could rejuvenate his career. Has bucket loads of potential but looks a little lost at Madrid.

He's a strange one, he has a pretty good record for Madrid but he's never looked like he's fit in. What were Mourinho's feelings on him I wonder? Could end up at Chelsea or maybe Monaco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Davaeo09 wrote: »

Its been the same for him since he joined them, I think it will be the same until he leaves them. Just doesn't seem a good fit for either party. He could be a super player in the right team I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

miralize wrote: »
    Arsenal?

That'd certainly make sense anyway but I can definitely see Monaco going for him if/when Falcao leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

A blistering start to the game from Barcelona has resulted in an early lead for Barca, through a perfectly placed, textbook Fabregas header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Xabi Alonso surprise surprise has signed a new two-year contract extension with Real Madrid, the player and club have both confirmed.

He called Real's bluff well and has been rewarded nicely no doubt.
    Cant say I ever thought he was going to leave Madrid ,it was all about money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Heading along to see this crowd against Atleti on Saturday. Should be a decent one to go to.

Heading along to see this crowd against Atleti on Saturday. Should be a decent one to go to.

Biggest game in any league in Europe so far this season I'd say.

Barcelona looking so sharp tonight. Winning the ball back within seconds of losing it, some rapid fire 1 touch/2 touch passing, the Winter break has been valuable clearly.

This is eerily like The Hobbit, you know that Smaug will stir and show up eventually, it's just a matter of when. Messi aptly plays the role of the mighty dragon tonight.

Pedro really is back to his best, so direct. Wins the penalty, Fabregas slams it into the corner of the net. 2-0

And now, the return of the king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Messi had better be fit for the World Cup!

Goal! It just had to be Messi, the hero of Barcelona returns and returns in typical Messi fashion. Busquets ball to Montoya is majestic, a quite delicious curling chipped pass, it falls to Messi whose composure certainly hasn't been affected by his lay off. The great man has returned to his stage.

Oh, it's genius, it's magic, it's Messi, oh what an incredible second goal, he sprints, he jinks, his balance defies gravity and he hammers it into the goal. Ronaldo will win the Balon D'or in the next few days but be in no doubt, it's Lionel Messi who is the football world's premier talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Messi. Different Gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Jernal wrote: »
    Messi had better be fit for the World Cup!

So far seems ok.. 2 goals in 25 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

delighted for messi. i hope he has an injury free 2014. what a magical little man <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cheating having him in your team :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Goal! It just had to be Messi, the hero of Barcelona returns and returns in typical Messi fashion. Busquets ball to Montoya is majestic, a quite delicious curling chipped pass, it falls to Messi whose composure certainly hasn't been affected by his lay off. The great man has returned to his stage.

Oh, it's genius, it's magic, it's Messi, oh what an incredible second goal, he sprints, he jinks, his balance defies gravity and he hammers it into the goal. Ronaldo will win the Balon D'or in the next few days but be in no doubt, it's Lionel Messi who is the football world's premier talent.

Ray Hudson ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Ray Hudson ?

No, just a football fan who loves the game and loves to see it being played the right way and there is no finer proprietor of the best things about the game than Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Wow the referee totally bottling it in the Real - Osasuna match.

Jesé played in by Ronaldo, good 1v1 save from the keeper, ref blows and points for the penalty, then waits a minute and books Jesé for diving.

Was neither a penalty or a dive, just good goalkeeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bale goals & assists stats are good for Madrid
    but he has overall struggled to settle
    he has very few touches in alot of games he has played

Messi! First start upon his return and he scores. Not exactly his best goal and he may not have known much about it but Messi gets his 17th of the season.

Ohhhhhh it's glorious! It's genius! It's quite breathtaking! It can only be Messi. He lures the Getafe defenders in, they are transfixed by the merry tune he is conducting, so transfixed that they dont really that the diminutive Argentine genius has danced through the very heart of them. A mesmerizing goal courtesy of the greatest footballer on earth.

And here comes Xavi Hernandez, making his 700th appearance for Barcelona. The most in the history of Barcelona, the greatest Spanish player ever arguably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ohhhhhh it's glorious! It's genius! It's quite breathtaking! It can only be Messi. He lures the Getafe defenders in, they are transfixed by the merry tune he is conducting, so transfixed that they dont really that the diminutive Argentine genius has danced through the very heart of them. A mesmerizing goal courtesy of the greatest footballer on earth.

Did Ronaldo motivate him or something? That is courteous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Was some goal to be fair.

• Advertisement

That didn't look good for Neymar though. I hope it's not serious.

Valencia not looking particularly incisive against quite a poor Malaga side. That said, I'd be surprised if they don't pick up a winner here.

Cracking goalkeeping display from Diego Alves tonight. Should probably be the Brazilian number 1 I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some finish by Ronaldo

But...this is on my schedule for 5:15? Ahh ffs! :mad: Getting tired of your sh*t sky!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement

A towering header by Pique from a Xavi corner, important goal. 1-1

Slow start...

Slow start...

Levante playing very deep and keeping it tight between the lines. All of which is making Messi drop very deep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Xavi misses from two yards..it's not looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Jernal wrote: »
    But...this is on my schedule for 5:15? Ahh ffs! :mad: Getting tired of your sh*t sky!:(

Sky arent allowed to show any Live football between 3pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday ,its not really their fault.

• Advertisement

Levante always seem to give the big teams a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Levante playing well, but this Barca team still don't seem to have the cutting edge that they had under Guardiola. Messi doesn't look 100% either - going to be tough for Barca for the rest of the season.

Well deserved draw for Levante.

Big chance for Atleti now.

A lack of cutting edge penetration from Tue wide areas, an inability to exploit their compact shape but it's hard to blame the club. They bought Neymar, this really was a game for him but injury ruled him out.

Sky arent allowed to show any Live football between 3pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday ,its not really their fault.

I know, I just keep forgetting it when I read the damn schedules. Had to planned to watch them after Arsenal and then watch Ulster. My evening was all planned. Then came the realisation. . .

What a display by the steely Levante. They gritted their teeth in hard. Kept the space compact denying truly the greatest side of all time to ever keep the ball the ability to score goals from open play. The passion, the desire, the discipline! A night to be proud of for sure for all Levante fans. A night of course that was enhanced by the wizardy, passion and effort of the mastero of Barcelona. They never once ceased pressing or attacking with vigour. This was a game where lethargy had no meaning. A game filled with tension that was an utter joy to watch.
    May not be an accurate reflection on the game. : P
    Now, c'mon Atleti! You can do it! Take the top spot. :D

Messi tried very hard to create something out of nothing, but he couldve used his team-mates more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Messi tried very hard to create something out of nothing, but he couldve used his team-mates more.
    needs to work harder too
    id say his distance covered is very low

MD1990 wrote: »
    needs to work harder too
    id say his distance covered is very low

He was trying to close down at the start of the season, but then he got injured. He probably sees a correlation. Having just the wingers press isn't enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Sanchez was pretty average tonight, few moments where the simple pass was only for him to try turn his marker again. I felt the game was crying out for Neymar's directness. Lets hope he has a fast recovery!! :mad:

It's the response in the next league game that interests me the most. We will most likely be 2nd coming into the match next week and I'd like to see a message-sending performance to Atletico. Hopefully Iniesta is back for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement