Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Atleti 3-0 and going top of the league, no bottling it this week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Atletico about to go top of the league.

Thought they would bottle it in 2nd half but after nervy opening have dominated 3-0

Diego on too :)

4 Diego :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Some start at the San mames, could easily be 1-1!

Hoping Bilbao can do the league leaders a service here and hold Madrid! :rolleyes:

edit, Bilbao should be 2 up!! grrr

you can see why United wanted Herrera. He is making Modric and Alonso look very ordinary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Love Ronaldo free kicks. Nearly always an electric anticipation followed by a really poor free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What a goal!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What a goal!!

Snap!

This game has just lit up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Beauty!

Great substitution.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo gets a straight red! :eek:

Ronaldo sent off!

Soft, but it was hand was up.

jaysis that was stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Loving this. Ronaldo's a great player but Jesus is he stupid.

What a bunch of wimps. :(

edit oh wait, did Ronnie scrape someone?

The play acting was embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the game is broken if that's a red.

Ronaldo scraping players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

SlickRic wrote: »

Pulling hair and raking his nails down someone's face? It's a red all day. Should have been a Bilbao red for throwing a head too mind you.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

Touch another players face and you're asking for trouble.

Definite red, there would be uproar if Suarez did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

What is the game coming to. Between that and Chico Flores yesterday it's just embarrassing.

The more I see the replay, the more I think the Bilbao no.8 should also have gotten a red card.

28th of Feb, Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid.. what a cracker that will be.
    Barca absolutely must shape up and keep pace with the Madrid teams, one more loss or a draw and it could all be over.

Really let off the hook by Real not winning, thus hanging on to second. Marginally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Simeone is making miracles happen. Never thought Bundesliga and La Liga would swap places for excitement!

• Advertisement

Simeone is making miracles happen. Never thought Bundesliga and La Liga would swap places for excitement!

Guardiola moved to Bundesliga. Not saying there's yet a trend. But that Coach has ridonculous winning record.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jernal wrote: »
    Guardiola moved to Bundesliga. Not saying there's yet a trend. But that Coach has ridonculous winning record.

Buying record too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would love to see Atletico win the title (and then for Turan and Costa to join Liverpool!)

Lol, if Atletico conquer Barca and Real this season then they absolutely MUST retain all of their players, and even expand. I don't think they are in it for the short term but rather look to become one of the top teams in the world, which they are well on their way to doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just thinking about this totally randomly, but Klopp must've been approached by Madrid at some stage. He definitely will be in the future I think. If he does, I would be scared ****less. He has great players right now, but him at Madrid would indeed be terrifying. Totally random topic I know, but was just reminded of how they decimated Madrid back in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Lol, if Atletico conquer Barca and Real this season then they absolutely MUST retain all of their players, and even expand. I don't think they are in it for the short term but rather look to become one of the top teams in the world, which they are well on their way to doing!

I fully expect the best of their squad to be under threat in the summer, especially if some of them perform well at the world cup. I reckon they'll recive big offers from big clubs for the likes of Diego Costa, Diego, Koke, Turan and Filipe Luis along with Niguez and Torres.
    Man Utd will be in for midfielders and a left back and Koke and Luis fit that bill. Chelsea could move for Costa and send Torres back to Madrid as part exchange.

miralize wrote: »
    Just thinking about this totally randomly, but Klopp must've been approached by Madrid at some stage. He definitely will be in the future I think. If he does, I would be scared ****less. He has great players right now, but him at Madrid would indeed be terrifying. Totally random topic I know, but was just reminded of how they decimated Madrid back in April.

Carlo's doing a fabulous job so far at Madrid. They look the best team in spain at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah Dortmund struggled to beat bottom side over the weekend and are currently 17 points behind Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah Dortmund struggled to beat bottom side over the weekend and are currently 17 points behind Munich.

Well, everyone can have a bad week, morale cant be great at Dortmund with Lewa leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Klopp not the anti-Real though? The qualities he has shown so far are not similar to those I would associate with Real Madrid. Feel his personality would likely clash with many of the other big personalities in that squad, and at that club the manager rarely wins those clashes.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I fully expect the best of their squad to be under threat in the summer, especially if some of them perform well at the world cup. I reckon they'll recive big offers from big clubs for the likes of Diego Costa, Diego, Koke, Turan and Filipe Luis along with Niguez and Torres.
    Man Utd will be in for midfielders and a left back and Koke and Luis fit that bill. Chelsea could move for Costa and send Torres back to Madrid as part exchange.

One must ask themselves if leaving a team that could possibly finish ahead of Barca/United to join any other team a step forward though?

Right now Atletico are miles better than United, and would give Chelsea a proper run for their money. This group of players must be aware of their own potential. I for one would be sickened to see any of there players leave. They have done exceptionally well and if they keep at it they can surely win La Liga, and maybe even the champions league in the immediate or short term future.

One must ask themselves if leaving a team that could possibly finish ahead of Barca/United to join any other team a step forward though?

Right now Atletico are miles better than United, and would give Chelsea a proper run for their money. This group of players must be aware of their own potential. I for one would be sickened to see any of there players leave. They have done exceptionally well and if they keep at it they can surely win La Liga, and maybe even the champions league in the immediate or short term future.

They wouldn't be on near the same amount of wages of the Utd or Chelsea players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Money talks. I'd love to see the team stick together but I can see a similar situation to what happened at Dortmund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Just saw a replay of the Madrid match. The way the players hounded the ref after the red card was a disgrace, should have been at least another given because of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I know it's not a league game but the Madrid derby in the cup is heating up nicely. Costa and Pepe are killing each other, pepe already on a yellow card. Real Madrid lead 1-0 after 25 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very fortunate goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jese is a tidy player.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Real have 72% possession here after 40 minutes. They're completely dominating.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Jese is a tidy player.

And runs in exactly the same way as Ronaldo!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    And runs in exactly the same way as Ronaldo!

It's uncanny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Arbeloa's showing in that half crossed the line, cowardly and downright disgraceful.

Arbeloa's showing in that half crossed the line, cowardly and downright disgraceful.

lol that half time report was some joke on Sky Sports. It was a standard foul, worse one on Ronaldo and nothing mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Arbeloa and Pepe need retrospective bans. Neither should be playing in the 2 matches to come in this competition.

You're both mad.

Great goal there

• Advertisement

He's going to be a superstar

Advertisement