Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Thank god, was worried they'd bottle it.

Over to you Real.

The funny thing is, I have a soft spot for Athletic Club Bilbao ;)

But then, I have that coupon on both Manchester teams, Athletico Madrid and Bilbao to win, which gives me 9/2...on a 2 Euro free voucher :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jese out for the rest of the season after tonight after a "complete tear in cruciate anterior ligament of right knee". Real shame that. Thought he had a chance of going to Brazil given his recent performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's a real shame. He was having a brilliant season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Just saw the table for the second division in Spain. Holy moly...

LVnpuK2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

COYVB wrote: »

LVnpuK2.png

6 points between play offs and relegation, tight stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

COYVB wrote: »

LVnpuK2.png

Not Spanish, but that's nothing compared to the league table in Romania's third division in the 80's:

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/even.html

Hopefully Depor secure their place back in La Liga, the Riazor is one of the more atmospheric grounds in Spain from what I recall. Still remember the final game of the season they were relegated where they had to win a few years ago now, but couldn't score for the life of them. Atleti's Adrian missed so many chances that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hopefully Depor secure their place back in La Liga, the Riazor is one of the more atmospheric grounds in Spain from what I recall. Still remember the final game of the season they were relegated where they had to win a few years ago now, but couldn't score for the life of them. Atleti's Adrian missed so many chances that day.

And 70 year old Cesar Sanchez played out of his skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Sparkling, champagne football as Barcelona continue where they left off at the weekend. It's vintage football as Messi finds Sanchez who finds Neymar.

• Advertisement

Not looking good for Valdes

Oh no, Valdes is down, Pinto ready to come on immediately, it looks like it's his knee. The stretcher is on, absolute disaster, this might be the last time we see the greatest goalkeeper in the history of the club grace the Camp Nou. Very sad ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Not looking good for Valdes
    Thought the ref nearly shat the bed there with the "penalty" decision.

Was miles outside!

If ever there was proof that telepathy exists, it's the link up between Iniesta and Messi, surreal stuff. 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

The Valencia players were almost apologetic for sending them down but most Valencia fans were happy, been a bit of edge to that fixture since Djukic fluffed that penalty in 1994 and the Depor fans blamed Valencia.

Depor have a good support but the one time I was in Riazor you could have heard a pin drop. It was a boring 1-0 vs Numancia in fairness.

The Valencia players were almost apologetic for sending them down but most Valencia fans were happy, been a bit of edge to that fixture since Djukic fluffed that penalty in 1994 and the Depor fans blamed Valencia.

Depor have a good support but the one time I was in Riazor you could have heard a pin drop. It was a boring 1-0 vs Numancia in fairness.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Loved the team Irureta had built which had Makaay, Valerón, Capdevila, Tristan and Luque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Oh no, Valdes is down, Pinto ready to come on immediately, it looks like it's his knee. The stretcher is on, absolute disaster, this might be the last time we see the greatest goalkeeper in the history of the club grace the Camp Nou. Very sad ending.

Would be a big blow for Barca's Champions league hope if this is true.

kksaints wrote: »
    Would be a big blow for Barca's Champions league hope if this is true.

Very very early talk is suggesting that he has tore his cruciate ligament, which would keep him out for 6 months. It would be the end of his Barcelona career and would see him miss the World Cup. I'm devastated, I can't even imagine how he must feel right now, his dedication and quality more than warranted the glorious send off and big title charge in his final days at Barcelona and his commitment to the national team absolutely warranted his place on the plane to Brazil, if anything, he should have been the first choice keeper. If this is the end, I feel entirely safe on saying that we will never see another goalkeeper like him at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barca's Copa del Rey and UCL chances just lowered considerably. Massive loss if the six months reports are true. World cup knee curse may have struck again.

That camera angle is a mind mess!

I thought it had deflected over the bar.

Sky sports Go/mobile tv is pissing me off lately. Keeps telling me it's not available or spouting errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Massive goal for Atleti!

Madrid still drawing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2-1 Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Real doing a good job throwing away La Liga.

Rakatic is just superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What a touch for the goal

Sevilla make it 2-1, Vicente Calderon explodes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

niallo27 wrote: »
    What a touch for the goal

What a touch. Out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

This is turning into a fantastic football evening

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Real doing a good job throwing away La Liga.

Rakatic is just superb.

He's performed in every big game this season I've seen. Always been talented going back to his Schalke days.

Atlei look so nervy when Granada break on the counter.

• Advertisement

That's a massive result for Atletico, despite the nervous end to the game.

FT: Atleti 1-0 Granada
    FT: Sevilla 2-1 Real Madrid

Big night in La Liga :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Atletico go top, Real falling apart at the seems now. I don't mind which of them win it, would have loved a Real win tonight to knock Sevilla a bit in the race for fourth.

The smile on my face cannot be measured at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lot of speculation valdes is done for the season, wont be seen again in a barca shirt presumably. Looks like he'll miss the world cup too and will have to call up lopez i suppose, not a bad 4th choice to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eagle eye wrote: »
    Atletico go top, Real falling apart at the seems now. I don't mind which of them win it, would have loved a Real win tonight to knock Sevilla a bit in the race for fourth.

DOUbt 4th is an option for Sevilla, need to win almost every game.

Would be nice tho :)

First back to back loss for Real since 2009.

klose wrote: »
    will have to call up lopez i suppose, not a bad 4th choice to have.

Lopez or De Gea Spain's squad depth is terrifying!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dreamers75 wrote: »
    DOUbt 4th is an option for Sevilla, need to win almost every game.

Would be nice tho :)
    Athletic still have to play Atletico and Barcelona and of course Sevilla. Only 6 points in it. I'm a bit worried, that is 6 league wins on the bounce for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Amazing Real could have went 7 points clear of Barca on Sunday but now find themselves 2 points behind them & 3 behind Atleti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Real should look to sell Ronaldo if they can get more for him than it would cost to replace him with Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Two cracking games to look forward to on Saturday:

Espanyol-Barcelona kicks off at 3pm. Will have to stream it due to UK laws on football not being allowed to be shown between 2:45pm-5:15pm.

Bilbao-Atletico kicks off at 7pm.

Should be in for two crackers and it'll be interesting to see what away Barca team shows up. Their last five away games have been 2 wins 1 draw and 2 losses. Take out the games against the Madrids and it's 1 win and 2 losses. Should be a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Oh dear, and with Arsenal Vs Man City at 5.30 it could be a long days drinking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Having Pinto in goal could really be problematic for Barca.

Some over-rate Valdes, some under-rate him. He is a very good goalkeeper and they will miss him in the run-in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

gimmick wrote: »
    Oh dear, and with Arsenal Vs Man City at 5.30 it could be a long days drinking :(

Clocks go forward Saturday night too :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

SantryRed wrote: »
    Espanyol-Barcelona kicks off at 3pm. Will have to stream it due to UK laws on football not being allowed to be shown between 2:45pm-5:15pm.

Just after having the result spoiled now ,Eurosport app update on the phone ,thought the match was on later.:o

Havent seen as much of Barcelona this season as previous seasons due to the rubbish kick off times.

Didn't see but it was exactly the result I predicted. :D Tight and cagey and possibly's Barca's toughest fixture until Atleti at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Real should look to sell Ronaldo if they can get more for him than it would cost to replace him with Suarez.
    Wut.

CSF wrote: »
    Wut.

The last two games for Madrid he's been the reason Madrid's play breaks down. Goal machine though he is, he's not the coherent player. That's the sketch of the argument, not saying agree but am saying I can see how he could easily piss off a manager. He can win you matches but he can also seriously stifle the team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement