Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Job done for Barca. Not great by any means but a vital win.

Tough nut for Atleti to crack later. San Mames is no easy place to get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Munis in gives Athletic a very early lead. Atleti will be doing very well to get anything from this.

1-1. Atleti actually looking very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Costa is a monster of Hollywood proportion. Cracking game going on at the San Mames, De Marcos should have put Bilbao in the lead there having caught out Godin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Should have been a penalty.

Ray Hudson said " That's as clear a penalty as the mole on Cindy Crawfords face"

Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gonna be a cracking final ten here at san mames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fantastic win by atleti. Play like that at camp nou and anything could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Should have been a penalty.

Ray Hudson said " That's as clear a penalty as the mole on Cindy Crawfords face"

Brilliant

i would pay just to listen too his one liners during a match on Sky/BT. Class :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Is there any goal difference in la liga, or does it go by the results of the games involving the teams concerned? If so, where does that leave the 3 leaders in the event that there's a tie on points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Head to head then goal difference.

• Advertisement

Wonder how many times someone has come from behind to win at Bilbao?

Hell of a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eagle eye wrote: »
    Athletic still have to play Atletico and Barcelona and of course Sevilla. Only 6 points in it. I'm a bit worried, that is 6 league wins on the bounce for them.

:(

If you said nothing they would have won and closed the gap, i blame you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Why are some of the Madrid fans booing Ronaldo? Quite a few at it this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Pighead wrote: »

Because blaming Ramos & Pepe isnt attention seeking enough

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Results going Bilbao's way in the race for 4th. Sociedad drawing in Pamplona earlier and Villarreal 1-0 down at home to Elche.

edit - Timing. Villarreal equalise just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That Courtois save in the 80th minute was absolutely incredible.

You'd nearly back Barcelona to win every game remaining now. Hopefully the CL games doesn't do too much damage to Atletico. The Villareal game next weekend will be a huge test for them with it being sandwiched between the Barca games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Because they are the worst fans in football.

If they had Valdes I'd agree but with Pinto they're far more vulnerable. It's not just in shot stopping but now teams will be encouraged to press Barca higher up the pitch. Pinto is no where near the passing level Valdes is.

I think Barca have a tough home game against Bilbao to come. They also play Villareal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I would guess it had something to do with Ronaldo's reaction to Bale's free kick late in the previous game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Valencia were pants against Getafe. That should be the end of their European hopes.

Great for Getafe and hopefully they kick on from this given they hadn't won in 14.

Shows how bad things have gotten for Los Che. Once they could field the likes of Ayala, Albiol or Marchena in defence. Now they have Philippe Senderos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Shows how bad things have gotten for Los Che. Once they could field the likes of Ayala, Albiol or Marchena in defence. Now they have Philippe Senderos.

senserosgif.gif

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    senserosgif.gif

Can't see that Image.

403 forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia were pants against Getafe. That should be the end of their European hopes.

Great for Getafe and hopefully they kick on from this given they hadn't won in 14.

Awful performance, as have most performances in the league been recently. Players look like they've given up the ghost in the league. Hopefully a good run in the Europa League is still on the cards though- draw has been very kind so far.

A season without European football as a distraction could be exactly what Valencia need though- the squad is very young and quite thinly spread right now. The next batch of very exciting youngsters have had a lot of game-time this season though where they wouldn't have had the chances before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Can't see that Image.

403 forbidden.

Hcufvmd.gif

That applies both to your comment and my failed post :pac:

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Hcufvmd.gif

That applies both to your comment and my failed post :pac:

I guess Boards Soccer forum had better judgement rejecting Senderos than Valencia had :)

To think he also played for AC Milan! His agent must be fantastic!
    A season without European football as a distraction could be exactly what Valencia need though- the squad is very young and quite thinly spread right now. The next batch of very exciting youngsters have had a lot of game-time this season though where they wouldn't have had the chances before.

Wonder will they keep Pizzi on as manager. Been fair at home but not great away under his watch.

Probably deserves a pre-season and a crack at next season.

If they are taken over though, he may be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I guess Boards Soccer forum had better judgement rejecting Senderos than Valencia had :)

To think he also played for AC Milan! His agent must be fantastic!

Wonder will they keep Pizzi on as manager. Been fair at home but not great away under his watch.

Probably deserves a pre-season and a crack at next season.

If they are taken over though, he may be replaced.

I think he definitely deserves a chance to have a proper go at shaping the team. However bad it is now, it's nothing compared to the car-crash that Djukic was presiding over. No matter who your manager is, if you have Philippe Senderos and Ricardo Costa as two of your top three centre-halves you're going to struggle!

elefant wrote: »
    Awful performance, as have most performances in the league been recently. Players look like they've given up the ghost in the league. Hopefully a good run in the Europa League is still on the cards though- draw has been very kind so far.

Exactly my thinking. It's been quite clear, even going further back a season or two that competing in Europe has been pushing the squad to the brink, and that's without looking at the turmoil behind the scenes with ownership and general management. While it'd be fantastic for them to get into the CL, I'd equally worry for Bilbao and their squad next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Bilbao are my La Liga team, but honestly, I'm more concerned with Atletico at the moment. I really hope they can pull it off and win the title, competition like this is what Spanish football needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It would be good for La Liga if Atletico won this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Barcelona given transfer ban by FIFA for next two transfer windows #SSN

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2313003/index.html

• Advertisement

Bad timing especially as they are in desperate need of a keeper and cb. I can see it being appealed and the ban being removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Doubt it will be appealed with minors involved.

Big win for Atleti against Villarreal, they stay top of La Liga for another week.

Hopefully they'll still be top come end of game 38. :)

One time.

Simone has done an incredible job there. If I came up with a list of teams i'd hate to play against, Atleti would be top pretty much. Must be a nightmare for a player to be up against them and their style.

Interesting Barca line-up. Martino normally rotates a lot more. Playing what I'd consider their full strength team for against Atletico on Wednesday. If either Masch/Bartra get injured they're fooked!

Barca get their win also. Madrid currently playing without Ronaldo in what should be a tight game against Sociedad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Barca fans united in favour of the trafficing of children. Touching.

Bkel6u1CcAAet5W.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

CSF wrote: »
    Barca fans united in favour of the trafficing of children. Touching.

Bkel6u1CcAAet5W.jpg

Alternatively: Barcelona fans showing full support for an exemplary football institution.

Alternatively: Barcelona fans showing full support for an exemplary football institution.
    I chose to go with the English translation of what the banner says, but your way is good too.

• Advertisement

I chose to go with the English translation of what the banner says, but your way is good too.

Everyone does your club, my club his club.....everyone.

Pointless ban, its like banning you from buying beer in an offlicence from 10pm till 12 next day. Utterly pointless ban.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Everyone does your club, my club his club.....everyone.

What?

What?

All clubs "traffic kids" mine and yours are no exception.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    All clubs "traffic kids" mine and yours are no exception.
    What are you talking about? How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hardly rocket science that they are ahead of the curve because they are breaking rules that everyone else is following.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hardly rocket science that they are ahead of the curve because they are breaking rules that everyone else is following.

:D

I don't think anyone believes that

Granada just scored against Barca, 1-0.

Jaysus.

It's always quiet when the opposition score.

Deserved lead for Granada going by Twitter.

That triple save from Pinto, brilliant.

• Advertisement

Just saw the Granada goal there. Lovely stuff very nicely taken. If Barca lose Tata will get all the blame and I don't really think it's his fault. He imposed his style on the team and nobody liked it and now they're just ad libbing and it clearly doesn't work.

Advertisement